Central Texas Squad on the Longhorn Network (ESPN)

(Mods - I meant to post this in Field Training - please move)

Quick disclaimer: I am not a fan of the football team we associated with but the opportunity for local (and somewhat national) exposure was too great to pass up!

My Squad had the opportunity to do a video shoot on the Longhorn Network, an ESPN subsidiary that carries the University of Texas at Austin Longhorns. Their away game uniforms are all white, and the coaching staff refers to them as their 'Stormtrooper' uniforms, so they wanted to do a tie-in with those and the 501st Legion armor. The shoot itself was fun - my armor was chosen for the 'suiting-up' part: putting on the arms, calf, helmet. They made me do those shots over...and over...and over. At first I thought I'd be getting a lot of 'face time' on camera, but they just zoomed in on the armor itself, which is fine. Two of my Squad were briefly interviewed, which turned out great! The sad part is that most of the players interviewed...didn't know what Stormtroopers are, much less Star Wars what is! Damn kids these days with their Jersey Shore & Honey Boo Boo...

One of the cool add-ins they did was translating names into Galactic Basic text and using TKIDs for the troopers interviewed :)

Enjoy!

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=8461877

(quick note - for some reason the video doesn't play on my computer at home...but works on my Android tablet...apologies if you can't view it!)

Edited by boomshakra