New guy seeking advice

This is my first post but I've been stalking this forum over the last few days trying to come up with some questions.

This is all so overwhelming but from what I've read it seems like you should decide where to buy your armor first. I'm 6', 170lbs, so I'm a little on the slender side. I've contacted ATA and AM since they were on the vetted list. Let me tell you a little about my preferences. I really would like a proportionate looking suit. I don't want the armor to look too big. I've decided to go with ABS since I like the durability aspect and no painting required even though details may be duller. I was in the 'OMG take my money now! phase' but now I'm in the 'Let's take it slow and order what's best phase'. I appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Edit: I've also decided that I like the look of the ANH Hero helmet the most. Less teeth and lower brow.

Edited by tkuper05

Thanks for the info. I'll contact AP to see what they offer. I shy'd away form them since they were in Canada, but I guess that doesn't really matter. Do you have some photos of you in the armor I could look at? Hey you're from the Star Garrison, that's the unit I will be in....eventually.

I'm 5 foot 11 inches tall, a slim 152 pounds. I have ATA armor. I trimmed quite a bit off my calves and thighs. The sides come together and there is enough wiggle room that I am considering adding some foam. I do have to move my biceps down a little yet. Too much black gap. Anyways, you get the point.

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks for the pic Pfneisl. I've kinda ruled out AM because it's more of a 'one size fits all', not in a bad way but I want a suit that's designed more for my frame. I contacted AP and I really like what they have to offer but they seem kinda high.

Thought about AP?

Its on the smaller side

AP is actually my first choice at the moment. It's kind of expensive compared to the others I've looked at but hopefully you get what you pay for. Is there any major cons known on the forums about AP armor? Any devil's advocates out there lol.

AP is cleaned up version of the ANH suit. If you're looking for wonky screen accuracy, you should consider the ATA. However, if you like the more idealized and cleaned up look AP will work best for you. I would suggest you take a look in the EIB/Centurion sections to see which armor you like the best and go from there.

While you search for the armor maker you want, check the following link http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=20869 for a listing of the sellers here on the FISD who can help you with all of the accessories you will need to complete your suit.

Gl and keep at it, it's a journey, and it pays off once you're done, because you can say 'I made that"