What's your interpretation of "idealized"?

TK5492

This has always made me wonder. I will tell you what I have always thought first, then you all can chime in with any "real" info that you have or what your opinions are on it.

I have always wondered what an "Idealized" Stormtrooper is supposed to look like. From my understanding, Lucas had a vision of a Stormtrooper in his head. The result of the poor technology and low funds gave us the first Stormtrooper: the ANH version. However, to Lucas, this wasn't exactly what he was looking for-- just the best he could get.

Then, in ESB, he got a little bit closer toward what he really wanted them to be. Finally, in ROTJ he had both enough funds and better technology to create the Stormtrooper to be the way he had always intended-- With the symetrical, overlapping parts, no screws in the helmet, bubble lenses all around, and that much more sci-fi looking blaster.

Again, this is all speculation on my part. So, is the ROTJ what the "ideal" or "idealized" trooper is supposed to look like? And would that make both the FX or ROTJ style armor to be considered "idealized" rather than actual replicas of the type of armor used in the movies?

I personally love the look of the orginal ANH Trooper and can't think why he would change it other than what I have already stated. Am I right in my assumptions?

I myself think anh was the one I will always remember, seeing the film at the drive in as a teen when it first came out. If star wars was remade like other films I believe the stormtroopers would look quite a lot more advanced. It wasn't just what George Lucas had in his mind, or what anything could be made out off but also who was making it and what their interpritation of what the armor would look like. It's a bit like looking at how much more advancef the last three movies were when you compare them with the originals, for me they were too advanced, even the clone troopers seemed more defined. I suppose it's and individual thing, what you like and what you think they should look like.

Not to be philisophical but to me idealized is a combination of what I like in an ANH trooper. hehe.... in my case, some wonkiness in the armour but smooth cap for example. There's no "one idealized" trooper. It is what is idealized in YOUR mind.

Edited by bigironvault

If it was up to Lucas they would have been like all the clones and GC'd. He may get a itch and do that some day......

Now when you hear 'idealized' TK on the FISD, that means without: cranks, glues runs, chipping paint, no gaffer tape, shoe haif painted, etc....

'Idealized' just means that whatever type of TK (ANH, ESB ROTJ) with any of the movie set problems. Because they all have there movie set problems but that is somewhat makes them cool too.

When I think of an idealized Stormtrooper, and I have to say that I TOTALLY prefer the wonky and rough one, I'm in fact thinking of a symmetrical helmet like the MR CE/eFX PCR.

And I totally agree with Sergui, Idealised would be perfectly symmetrical in every aspect nice and sharp edged, the ones they had just have more character. Originally I was the other way inclined but I think the inaccuracy and oddity of the older stuff simply grows on you.

If it was up to Lucas they would have been like all the clones and GC'd. He may get a itch and do that some day......

Now when you hear 'idealized' TK on the FISD, that means without: cranks, glues runs, chipping paint, no gaffer tape, shoe haif painted, etc....

'Idealized' just means that whatever type of TK (ANH, ESB ROTJ) with any of the movie set problems. Because they all have there movie set problems but that is somewhat makes them cool too.

I think this fits the term idealized best

I'm in it for the wonkyness. If everything was perfect from the start it'd be too easy to replicate.

I like the challenge. I may not have gone to the extreme with my personal armour of current, but rest assured that it is in the pipeline..

For me, it will always be the ANH Stormtrooper from 1977. From the moment I saw them walk through the door with Vader on the Tantive IV, I was hooked. Yeah, they modified the look in ESB and ROTJ, but for me it's always going to be this guy. My 2 cents...:)