Sterling Mk4 9mm

Dday

Oh, also forgot to mention, anyone outside the USA, don't get any hopes of ever buying this, importing an automatic weapon is most likely a felony.

Great collectible gun, since they are 0 more of these coming into the world, it's fairly limited that it isn't cut up.

check this one:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/joe-grine/gun-review-century-arms-international-wise-lite-arms-sterling-sporter/

little cheaper here in the USA (about $600)

of course the front is not the same, but if you wanted it for a blaster should be easy enough to add a resin front or a part from a sterling parts kit there.

Too true we can not even own replicas unless paint so wierd and wonderful colour in the UK and even mention the word G-U-N has the authorities breathing down your neck we can only sit in awe of our cousins across the pond but the SMG still looks as good as it was when I lugged one for queen and country shame crying shame for the old days lol

Too true we can not even own replicas unless paint so wierd and wonderful colour in the UK and even mention the word G-U-N has the authorities breathing down your neck we can only sit in awe of our cousins across the pond but the SMG still looks as good as it was when I lugged one for queen and country shame crying shame for the old days lol

Andy1942 has them from time to time. All fully legal deacs.

Doing his wedding reception was an eye opener with us 2 tk's weilding platic/resin replicas and kids aged 5 and up strolling around with deacs of the real thing. lol

I wish we could get UK deactivateds in the US. Ours are either so cut up as to be unrecognizeable, or rewelded onto a solid steel bar that makes the thing weigh in at somewhere between holy crap and oh my freakin gawd!

Andy1942 has them from time to time. All fully legal deacs.

Doing his wedding reception was an eye opener with us 2 tk's weilding platic/resin replicas and kids aged 5 and up strolling around with deacs of the real thing. lol

I've been hoping to get a legal deac, but can't seem to find them anywhere. What kind of price do these deacs go for?

Buying L2A3 MK4 in the UK:

New spec - 350 to 500 GBP

Old spec - 500 to 1000 GBP

Usual prices for the standard used ones, depending on condition. Very nice or pristine ones are higher valued and open to the sky - same situation as with everything else thats searched by collectors.

I wonder what the requirements are for these within germany, since this is where it would ultimately live, anyone know?

Not sure how the UK and german deac rules compare to each other - my deac was a german deactivated.

I HEARD the UK sterlings are OK to own here in D - but i heared that only in a forum, not from any officials like BKA.

If allowed, everything is fine. If not allowed (due to different regulations) and you are caught with having it without the german needed deactivation it will be handled as a not deactivated one, then you will be harder punished than with a live firing hunting rifle (which is allowed to own with the correct papers, as the Sterling is under 60cm and with foldable stick it´s listed as a hidden wearable automatic assault gun).

Find a gun, get the papers faxed/emailed, and ask the BKA or your local Beschußamt if they may compare them with our rules.

Not sure how the UK and german deac rules compare to each other - my deac was a german deactivated.

I HEARD the UK sterlings are OK to own here in D - but i heared that only in a forum, not from any officials like BKA.

If allowed, everything is fine. If not allowed (due to different regulations) and you are caught with having it without the german needed deactivation it will be handled as a not deactivated one, then you will be harder punished than with a live firing hunting rifle (which is allowed to own with the correct papers, as the Sterling is under 60cm and with foldable stick it´s listed as a hidden wearable automatic assault gun).

Find a gun, get the papers faxed/emailed, and ask the BKA or your local Beschußamt if they may compare them with our rules.

It's more harder to get a demil gun from UK to germany.

If you would go the legal and normal way.

@D-Day

It's a war-weapon and if you simply think well, send it in a nice box , we have no custom controll in Eu it should arrive me in 4 days;

Well if you have luck yes , but if not you have many big problems and the BKA would be your closest buddy for along time.

Had a lot of phoneing and give up at last cause it would be to expensive and to much hassle.

First i should get the papers, mail them the BKA, after i should make a request at the BAFA for to ship this weapon to germany.

But nor to me , to the BKA. After it arrives there the weapon has to be demil. to german regulations ( and they realy does not matter how the english guys had demil. the gun)than send back to the BKA for a final inspection.

Than i would get new papers and would have to drive to the BKA to pick up the weapon.

If you would like to buy a demil. in germany, just go and buy one.

But buy a old spec if you can get one, The new spec is realy a bunch of garbage.

No moving parts, no trigger funktion , no reload ...nothing,Not more as the MR Blaster can do.

Also the complete breech block is welded or completly removed. Realy worthless.

Edited by Turrican

But buy a old spec if you can get one, The new spec is realy a bunch of garbage.

No moving parts, no trigger funktion , no reload ...nothing,Not more as the MR Blaster can do.

I thought the old spec is the one blank firing. And new spec is the one having some moving parts like trigger, firing selector switch, moving cocking handle, and original but closed/welded breech block. But I've seen indeed some Sterlings with no cocking handle at all, or even if having it, there was no spring, but a big metal lump welded there, no moving trigger and no moving selector switch. Are there more than the 2 types of deactivation specs?

It's more harder to get a demil gun from UK to germany.

If you would go the legal and normal way.

@D-Day

It's a war-weapon and if you simply think well, send it in a nice box , we have no custom controll in Eu it should arrive me in 4 days;

Well if you have luck yes , but if not you have many big problems and the BKA would be your closest buddy for along time.

Had a lot of phoneing and give up at last cause it would be to expensive and to much hassle.

First i should get the papers, mail them the BKA, after i should make a request at the BAFA for to ship this weapon to germany.

But nor to me , to the BKA. After it arrives there the weapon has to be demil. to german regulations ( and they realy does not matter how the english guys had demil. the gun)than send back to the BKA for a final inspection.

Than i would get new papers and would have to drive to the BKA to pick up the weapon.

If you would like to buy a demil. in germany, just go and buy one.

Turrican,

Danke für die Informationen!

Do you know where I could look here in germany to find a old deac?

apex gun parts usa

Ähh..no, the parts come from a warweapon so you not can import them without a approval.Normaly.

I thought the old spec is the one blank firing. And new spec is the one having some moving parts like trigger, firing selector switch, moving cocking handle, and original but closed/welded breech block. But I've seen indeed some Sterlings with no cocking handle at all, or even if having it, there was no spring, but a big metal lump welded there, no moving trigger and no moving selector switch. Are there more than the 2 types of deactivation specs?

Try to write it in english. German Old Spec and New Spec

Old Spec:

-3 holes with the diameter as the barrel drilled into the barrel.

-The barrel has to be welded or a splint needs to be welded at the end of the barrel.

-The breech block needs to be milled in 45°

New Spec

-6 holes with the diameter as the barrel drilled into the barrel

-The barrel has to be welded or a splint needs to be welded at the end of the barrel.

-The brench block needs to be milled in 45°

-Triggermeachanism has to be welded.

-Gun can not dry fire.

-Breech block can not move, no charge.

Turrican,

Danke für die Informationen!

Do you know where I could look here in germany to find a old deac?

Bitte bitte, suchee selbst noch.

Edited by Turrican

Could there be a difference between UK and German spec? So will the old spec dry fire? My trigger works, the firing selector switch works, I have moving cocking handle with spring, and an original, but closed/welded breech block (not just a piece of metal in there)

Could there be a difference between UK and German spec? So will the old spec dry fire? My trigger works, the firing selector switch works, I have moving cocking handle with spring, and an original, but closed/welded breech block (not just a piece of metal in there)

I'm sure there is a difference, therefore you have to show the weapon to the BKA here in germany if you buy one from outside of germany.

Your's sound like a old spec Sterling. But i would not dry to fire blanks with it.

Dry fire means the weapon can be charge and the trigger mechanism works, but it is still a non fireing weapon cause the breech block is defective and your barrel is welded.

So if you would test a blankshot, it could be possible that your sterling will blow up in your hand.

Edited by Turrican

Yeah! I realized it after I posted, but since it is Sunday, you know... Personally I prefer the M-38/M-40 to an M-19 any day of the week. :)

BTW is there a clear shot of blasters using M-40 scopes?

Edited by jkno

Is there a clear shot of blasters using M-40 scopes?

Also are these Sterlings new spec? Do they have any moving parts?

-------

This one is Canadian and was sold last year on RPF IIRC:

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Should be new specs, as they seem to be completely castrated.

Mine was probably deactivated in the time they changed from old to new spec, as it has something from both regulations.

6 holes in the barrel, which was also welded into the receiver, has a welded chamber and a plugged muzzle. 45° milled bolt with deac´ed pin. welded fire selector, and welded inner trigger mechanism (trigger is moving without any function).

The bolt is moveable by pulling it´s lever. But no catch-function in the rear (as mentioned, no trigger function)

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed