Sterling Mk4 9mm

Dday

On 8/7/2012 at 2:40 AM, jkno said:

Also are these Sterlings new spec? Do they have any moving parts?

That's a kind of the new spec version.There is nothing left from the breech block or any other moving parts.

Have seen those demil. versions from the english army.

Therefore i said, a bunch of metal garbage.

@ Lichtbringer.

You had realy luck to get this weapon.

These versions are realy hard to get.

Have seen one from a friend two weeks ago. Also an old spec and this lucky bastard bought it for only 290 Euro.

Full old spec is not allowed in my country, I asked long ago and many times. Not even like yours where you can see the opening for the ejector. Half of my bolt is locked in place, and the other half works with the spring when pulling the cocking handle, and the selector switch and trigger both move.

The new specs above are really bare, but this is how the MR version looks too.

BTW doesn anyone know of M-40 being used on SW blasters?

@ Lichtbringer.

You had realy luck to get this weapon.

These versions are realy hard to get.

Have seen one from a friend two weeks ago. Also an old spec and this lucky bastard bought it for only 290 Euro.

Aye, Turrican - i´ve won it in a ebay auction. Got it completly build for iirr 560€.

Considered the available info some years ago it was not completlely accurate by todays standards, but the build itself was to highest levels. I´m nitpicking, and i found nothing to be upset.

- The Hengstler and the M38 were resin ones - top casts, but already replaced with real stuff.

- The mag-cylinders are metal, not far in size from our newest infos, just missing the 3 caps (and therefor different shaped "holder") - will be replaced in a not to far future.

- The t-tracks are made from alu, the top track is one hole to long, you see the scopebar is bolted on top and not latched into the last hole - i have Marv plastic tracks here, but i love the alu so much (more gun-feeling when handling :) ), i can´t bring myself to replace the alu ones. And without a free last hole i can´t fit a accurate scopebar. Maybe one day .......

290€? Ouch, therefor he needs a good beating, just to keep him reminded how lucky he was. ;)

Full old spec is not allowed in my country, I asked long ago and many times. Not even like yours where you can see the opening for the ejector. Half of my bolt is locked in place, and the other half works with the spring when pulling the cocking handle, and the selector switch and trigger both move.

I think that´s not really bad - at the end of the day we are E-11 collectors, and not gun collectors. ;)

On a blaster there is no reason to open, we just need the moveable cocking lever to toy around. :) The best solution would be something like Erv´s "electronic blaster chamber with crystal" - but modifying on a deac is no good idea, not even if it´s "more deac" thereafter.

Maybe one day i will find time to machine me a metal one with electronics - then i will use the alu t-track on that and make the real one completely accurate.

I think that´s not really bad - at the end of the day we are E-11 collectors, and not gun collectors. ;)

On a blaster there is no reason to open, we just need the moveable cocking lever to toy around. :) The best solution would be something like Erv´s "electronic blaster chamber with crystal" - but modifying on a deac is no good idea, not even if it´s "more deac" thereafter.

Maybe one day i will find time to machine me a metal one with electronics - then i will use the alu t-track on that and make the real one completely accurate.

Totally agree! An Electronic blaster would be also very cool

So many questions about that. It is based on a real L2a3, or a resin base, real counter? I hate it when some lists an item for a high value but doesn't spend any time actually describing what they have.

I think it looks like the real deal, but only asking the buyer will reveal it in truth. Its little things round the hengstler there appears to be brass showing on the holder the end of the mag with the missing spring piece and screw on handle on the sterling make me think its pretty genuine.

Well i for myself are more a gun and prop collector, i know me , i hate compromise.

Well some day..some day.. :wub:

Well i for myself are more a gun and prop collector, i know me , i hate compromise.

Thank god i´m prop fixated only, real guns mean nothing to me - so i don´t care to chop a rare gun with historical value when needed to make a blaster. :)

But also from the prop point of view ..... they used some really castrated and cut up Sterlings in ANH, too.

I have both an m40 and an m38 and they look really very much the same.

I think both were used on E-11's the only difference on 'some' m40's is a square front foot.

some sterlings in star wars fired blanks, some had no trigger at all and were filled with welded billets.

some were cast in resin... lot's of different versions used in the film.

some sets had only false guns, to keep costs down.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Thank god i´m prop fixated only, real guns mean nothing to me - so i don´t care to chop a rare gun with historical value when needed to make a blaster. :)

But also from the prop point of view ..... they used some really castrated and cut up Sterlings in ANH, too.

For me the historical backround is also very important.

The Sterling L2A3 was a war weapon used over 50 years in the british army and sold all over the world.

Total over 400.000 were build.If you hold a Sterling today in your hands you not know which way this gun has made.

Was somebody killed with this weapon? Was it used in war?

Therefore i have many respect for those kind of weapons. You never know the story behind and never should handle such a weapon as a toy or only a prop.

People died maybe through this weapons.

Well, i think that's something what belongs to all weapons.Therefore they were made. To kill.

We never should forget this fact.

So it's not only something seen in Star Wars for me if i hold such things in my hands, you know.

Edited by Turrican

I have both the M-40 and M38 and indeed the difference is quite small.

As for collecting weapons or props, personally I collect props. I know this is a weapon, and I do respect what it is/was, but if it hadn't been used in SW I wouldn't have cared to have it in my collection. Simple as that. I could also say that being a prop may have saved it from being melted as scrap metal. I guess I will never know if my gun killed/injured someone, and to be honest I really don't want to know. Thus I think that I gave this Sterling a better life in my hands (as a very prized prop) than it was really meant for (killing people).

Well, i think that's something what belongs to all weapons.Therefore they were made. To kill.

We never should forget this fact.

So it's not only something seen in Star Wars for me if i hold such things in my hands, you know.

I havn´t forgotten that, ever. But i think of it in another way. While on duty i was a member of the 27th airborne brigade, having my papers as a group-sniper (+ some other)

It´s not that i don´t like or hate weapons, but i don´t care - they are just tools, like a hammer. It´s always the person that moves the trigger that effects the kill. A gun will never have bad dreams due to that what it has seen/done. That´s why they are for me just metal, shaped to be used as a SW prop, or useless. :)

• 11 months later...

It is really funny how some people on other forums are asking eFX Collectiles to make a "Legend" Stormtrooper blaster, when the best way would be to get a deactivated Sterling (available in US, and in some EU countries too), and add original parts and greeblies to it (scope, Hengstler) or at least add some good replica parts (cylinders and t-tracks). A licensed blaster will never be as cool as a deact. Sterling converted in an E-11