Star Wars reading recommendations

Beren

I am looking for some book recommendations... A few years ago, I read a book that occurred between episodes III and IV about Vader's early efforts to track down the Jedi, but I can't remember the books title and was wondering if any sequels have been released.

Does anyone have any idea what book this could be or have any other recommendations?

I think the book you are referring to is Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. It takes place after Ep. III with Vader still trying to get used to his new suit while tracking down Jedi and certain Senators.

The author is James Luceno. I don't know of any sequels after this one though.

Hope this helps.

I enjoyed The New Jedi Order series. There are 19 books in that one. Primarily focuses on the jedi and their kids. I also Liked Legacy of the Force, 9 books in that one. Fate of the Jedi was the last series I read, I believe there are 6 or 7 books in that series. Also Liked the Darth Bane Books, only 3 of them. One set I would really recommend would be the Republic Commando Series. There are 4 books in that one I believe. Really enjoyed that one, probably because it focused on the clones.

That's my 2 cents.

Edited by Pfneisl

Here are two that focus on our favorite white-armored heroes :D

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Allegiance_(novel)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Choices_of_One

Well I always enjoy a good zombie movie or book, so if you haven't read Death Troopers I would recommend that one. Nothing like undead troopers chasing after Han and Chewbacca.

Good times!

There is a continuing series of books beginning from the end of ROTJ going well into 50 years into the future. I believe the first book after ROTJ is The Truce at Bakura. There are timelines online that can get you started. There are even several books that take place in between ANH and ROTJ. I have read probably over a hundred and am hooked. Just take it one book at a time and you will have years of reading material.

Have you read the ep III prequel book? It's another Luceno, i believe, called Labyrinth of Evil. I enjoyed that one. It was a nice pacifier for me waiting for ep III to screen because as it ended, it dumped right into the ep III opening scene. Lots of good stuff in there like a Mace/Grievous saber dual (on a moving train) and interesting trivia bits like where Sidous kept his saber hid while in hiding. Dark Rendezvous and Jedi Trials were good too.

I just started reading the first volume of the Republic Commandos series over the weekend. Kind of interesting to get some background on the clones, as well as character backstory for a future build :)

Edited by boomshakra

Thrawn Trilogy and Bane Trilogy are my favorites. Allegiance was good, haven't gotten to Choices of One yet. I personally burnt out of most of the post-ROTJ post-Thrawn stuff almost immediately and have no interest (personal preference). That's probably because I'm a writer and would have imagined things very differently in an alternate SW reality. I guess the same could be said for prequels......lol. Maybe that's why I love most of the Old Old Old Republic stuff (but not so much the Revan stuff).

I enjoyed The New Jedi Order series. There are 19 books in that one. Primarily focuses on the jedi and their kids. I also Liked Legacy of the Force, 9 books in that one. Fate of the Jedi was the last series I read, I believe there are 6 or 7 books in that series. Also Liked the Darth Bane Books, only 3 of them. One set I would really recommend would be the Republic Commando Series. There are 4 books in that one I believe. Really enjoyed that one, probably because it focused on the clones.

That's my 2 cents.

I also liked the NJO series, although I thought it dragged on too long. I loved the Legacy series-- totally awesome! The scene where Luke pins Jacen down in his chair in his SD is awesome, and the duels between Jacen and Mara and Jacen and Jaina are great.

The Fate series was decent. Some books were better than others.

Oh yeah.... one more comment. The first books I read were the Thrawn books by Timothy Zahn, which are great!

Re-reading the Thrawn Triology now....read it almost 20 years ago and it's held up well. Also, read Darth Plagueis by Luceno...pretty good and offers some insight into Palpatine's backstory. On a side note, anyone read the Dark Empire graphic novels? From what I heard it was pretty well done, but then I read it and....meh

I wouls also recommend Shadows of the Empire, it can bring you some cool info between ESB and ROTJ. I have read both the comic and the SOTE book and both are very cool, but story is a bit different.

HERESY!

LOL- totally!

They are among the best Expanded Universe books.

I agree on the Thrawn books, a stand out collection in the minefield that is the EU.

Ditto- Zahn is one of my favorite EU authors, and the books are definitely among the best.