Need tips on modding MR E-11

As some of you know, I recently got an MR E-11 from a fellow garrison member of mine, and being nice as it is, I kinda want it to be better.

Deactivated weapons are as close to impossible to get in Denmark, so the MR would probably be the closest thing for me to use as a base.

I have looked around and found small pieces of threads about people modding their MR guns to look better, but cant find anything else than completed pictures, so do anybody know about some threads with WIP pics of the modding process, or even better, a tutorial?

I would love for the stock to be functional, as well as a better way of securing the end cap.

But still not sure I want to do anything else than put on a hengstler and a real scope, as it afterall is somewhat a collectible.

Any input is apreciated, thanks :)

And just because, here it is in the collection. Kinda sad that the only E-11 I have thats less acurate than the MR is the one I got from Jedirobe!

P6060001.jpg

P6060005.jpg

Yeah I found that yeesterday before posting, and it made me wonder if that was all there where out there. Theres really no modding done, except adding a hengstler. Thats really a no-brainer :)

It would have been so easy for MR to simply add a spring on the stock/barrel connector and thus make a folding stock. Unfortunately IIRC from my separate MR parts I sold not long ago the connector is welded in place so if you want to have a fodling stock, I'm afraid you need to pull the stock with a lot of force until it breaks free of the barrel. Not sure if worth it.

I would say to try ading all the greeblies that will not affect its integrity as a whole, and that can be easily removed later if you want to: Hengstler with bracket connected on the 2 rail scope screws, and a set of cylinders - better using a rare earth magnet to attach the cylinders to the magazine. You can also replace the scope with a real one, but the MR scope is very cool on its own.

Well... Its no longer an untouched collectible... Had to try and make the stock work, and by God they made it difficult!

For the stock to open you need to dremel the middle bit all the way in the front. Otherwise it wont fold open. When that is done, it cant get in to the locking position.

And it wont go over the end cap!

P6120009.jpg

P6120010.jpg

P6120011.jpg

P6120013.jpg

One thing I did learn and that will probably help others, is that if you remove the two pins holding the stock in place, in the back, you can just remove the entire thing and you will have easy access to every screw in there...would havcve been nice to know, before almost pulling everything apart.

P6120016.jpg

P6120015.jpg

P6120014.jpg

But except for some paint chippin and the 1mm i removed from the front, you cant see it was ever disassembled(its put back together now)

Why can't it go into the locked position? Is it because of that metal square thing inside it with the screw hole? It almost looks like the spring plate that locks/unlocks the stock is in there already. If so, then just drilling down that metal square thing should do the trick.

Its partly because of the extra plate and partly because the "taps" just doesnt fit into the trenches in the handle. I have tried with the extra plate taken out and it still wont go all the way into the locked position.

And then there is ofcourse the end cap problem

P6120008.jpg

P6120007.jpg

On the "good" news list, I believe its very easy to install a real stock, should I ever get my hands on one ;)

Yeah, the end cap is pushed outwards by the recoil spring. By pressing down on the spring-loaded end cap-lock you can then push the end cap down and twist to take it off. On the real thing of course. As long as your end cap is "locked" in only 1 position, like it is now, I think it'll be hard to get the stock to lock into the end cap indentations.

I know the lock wont work on this thing. The problem is the end cap is too fat. The stock cant go over it at all..

Will have to do a lot of bending on the stock arms, to make it go over it, into where the locked position is upposed to be. May fiddle with it friday night in LEGOland, then you can also see for your self :)

That would be the ultimate :)

But then I would have to mod the end of the tube to incorporate the licking mechanism for the endcap...

I don't have anything to add to the discussion of the topic, but I never knew how the stock on an E-11 folded out until now - kind of embarassing to admit, since I've always liked guns. I hope you find a solution - thanks for the pictures :)

Well I've done some modding to it now, and it alreay looks a lot better.

Need to give it a bit of paint here and there, but thats an easy fix.

Started by masking of a bit, so I would have some clear lines to follow

P6140021.jpg

This metal really eats up the cutting wheels on my Dremel!!

And the vacume cleaner in the pipe is a nice way of keeping everything tidy ;)

P6140023.jpg

Some additional filing and heres the result

P6140025.jpg

Added a M40 scope I just got in the mail from Marv today, and a real Hengstler, and voila!

P6140031.jpg

P6140029.jpg

Thats it for now. Will look into adding a rear bolt with charging handle some other day.

Edited by Arnie_DK