calves turning on me

This was also happening with my calves on my Sand Trooper armor. Plus they were getting pushed up over my boots. So to correct the problem I made a set of stirrups in both calves. I hot glued some elastic high enough in them so I can put my boots on.

This was also happening with my calves on my Sand Trooper armor. Plus they were getting pushed up over my boots. So to correct the problem I made a set of stirrups in both calves. I hot glued some elastic high enough in them so I can put my boots on.

I like the stirrup idea. I will have to remember this.

Olga had a similar problem on her shins where they kept riding up and causing armor bites on the backs of her knees. The solution was to take a simple piece of nylon and sew it into the front of the boot where the pull strap is. I removed the pull strap very carefully and simply sewed a long piece of nylon into it. It was about an inch wide. I then took a strip of industrial velcro and stuck the fuzzy side to that. On the inside of her shins I placed the rougher side of the velcro. This worked amazingly well.

I might be able to grab a few shots of this later on to show you.

Did anyone else read the title as "calves turning me on"? No? No one? Crap.. I need help

Yep, that's EXACTLY what I saw at first. I was thinking cows and other nasty things!!

I may need help also.....

Edited by Laspector

• 4 years later...

I also have this problem. I've been looking on the forums trying to find a solution as well. I ordered mine pre-built to my measurements. I eventually tried the shin/calf piece on and it's noticeably larger than my actual calf. My problem is that they are too loose, and I don't have velcro on them yet, so that adds to the problem.

Personally I would prefer not to attach anything to the boots, so I might try the foam idea. But if anyone has more ideas, I'd be more then grateful to listen.

Edited by D.R.

I know you said you didn't want foam, but it really is the easiest solution. A couple pieces placed strategically and it won't spin anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I know you said you didn't want foam, but it really is the easiest solution. A couple pieces placed strategically and it won't spin anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Right. I did say I would try the foam idea. I just didn't want to attach anything tk the boots.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1