walt first build.....aka rottie

Ok...first I am not a good speller .....after what seemed years my second armor arived today..so I am starting a build story, I have read just about everything I need to build this thing...and then I find something new ...I love this web seight so much. I feel like old friends with everybody...befor I start anything I want to thank everybody here you all have been so helpfull and nice.giving info freely....now to what we have been waiting for....a lone time.....ago

I bought this armor form bobojuice...it is a cfo rotj..ata singed in the lid by sskunky. The box arived mostly in good shape.....bobo let me know the box was not perfict....ike it had a chance in my hands... I will post pics as soon as possable as I have pics of everything I could not find and just reg. Pics............ps my wife thinks I am nuts

Good luck with the build. Mark has given the kit a lot of attention, making sure it all lines up correctly. As a result it's very easy to put together and turns out looking great.

wow......rich just talked to me........it is your link that i am following....lots of questions...so lets see....got the package in the mail yesterday around noon.......i have the armor just about compleatly trimmed or should i say a base trim,,,had a heck of a time with the calvs....now you had no pics of this so i resurched ....the top did you trim all the way so it ends faceing up or at your leg?,,,and the ab to back parts is there some elestic weber there...it does look like it in the movie pics but not yours....and as i see it i am fatter then you

Yup, when I first said to my other half "honey, I want to get a set of stormtrooper armour" she just rolled her eyes and walked out of the room :)

Ā 

She just loves it now though and so does our daughter who has now decided that she want to make a Princess Leia costume (sigh, a rebel, still it figures with a hippy for a mother :P )

the top did you trim all the way so it ends faceing up or at your leg?,

Ā 

Not entirely sure if I understand. Do you mean whether I trimmed off all the return edge so that the parts run out flat at the edge?

If so, not entirely, but I left hardly any return edge on becasue the shins are quite slim-fitting and I have quite meaty calves. I even ended up putting a couple of shims in becasue I couldn't get the armour to close successfully with and overlap.

Edited by Rick330

ok...damn ears....i trimmed very low as per a pic i saw of the molds,,,, they fit but have a gap...now i dont know if i am being prissy but i want NO gaps..so what can i use to fill and i assume i will have to paint , what do we use..... pics still to come they are all on my phone and it for some reason takes forever to email.....rick...i see what you mean with the bubble lenzs...for fun i taped them to my kids head and made him run with the dogs out side.....

ok...damn ears....i trimmed very low as per a pic i saw of the molds,,,, they fit but have a gap...now i dont know if i am being prissy but i want NO gaps..so what can i use to fill and i assume i will have to paint , what do we use..... pics still to come they are all on my phone and it for some reason takes forever to email.....rick...i see what you mean with the bubble lenzs...for fun i taped them to my kids head and made him run with the dogs out side.....

Ā 

Ā 

Hi Walt! I was looking around because I knew I read about the ears quite a while back. I found PandaTrooper's thread:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=14806&hl=ears&fromsearch=1 Hopefully that will help. Not sure about

filling the gaps and painting, but somebody out here will know! :) I'd love to have seen your kid running with the dogs - I bet that was funny!

I love my ROTJ suit, if I had to do another suit I am not sure what character I would do.

Ā 

You get use to being called nuts. My family already thought I was nuts based on Halloween and other things I have done. So the Stromtrooper suit was not a big surprise for them. I showed up at my inlaws house at 10 PM one night dressed as my TK to test the suit out. My Father inlaw answered the door and in about 2 seconds deduced it was his son in law and quickly yelled to my mother inlaw that someone was at the door for her. She jumped, I got yelled out and she did not have the droids I was looking for.

Ā 

Also, when testing out your finished suit make sure what is going on around you. I decided to march outside around the house to give the suit a good breakin and the neigbor was throwing a party for there son. It turned into my first test of the suit in a photo shoot with kids. Now the neighbors think I am bit odd ;)

ok i have found an answer to my ear problem....well frist the problem..the ears are very thin it the front for a rotj tk...no matter how much sanding i do i cant get the shape or the the gaps to go away.....my fix.....heat gun...very light pressure on the sides of the ear and it forms right in place....like WOW....pics as soon as i can fig out how to get them on here,,,,,if someone wants to help me with this it would be great

Edited by walt

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...sorry it has been awhile....have a photpbucket acc pics soon....I will try to be like ricks but that would only copy the master...so I can problely make a story of how not to put a tk togther and how many times my finger got glued to something..or how my wife is very angery about the glue stuck to her rug....look hun you can just pull it off real easy........not from carpet!.......has anyone every had the armor clear coated?? For hardning and shine?

• 2 weeks later...

I love my ROTJ suit, if I had to do another suit I am not sure what character I would do.

Ā 

You get use to being called nuts. My family already thought I was nuts based on Halloween and other things I have done. So the Stromtrooper suit was not a big surprise for them. I showed up at my inlaws house at 10 PM one night dressed as my TK to test the suit out. My Father inlaw answered the door and in about 2 seconds deduced it was his son in law and quickly yelled to my mother inlaw that someone was at the door for her. She jumped, I got yelled out and she did not have the droids I was looking for.

Ā 

Also, when testing out your finished suit make sure what is going on around you. I decided to march outside around the house to give the suit a good breakin and the neigbor was throwing a party for there son. It turned into my first test of the suit in a photo shoot with kids. Now the neighbors think I am bit odd wink.png

so yours is a rotj.....does your butt plate touch your ab plate??

They do not touch from what I can feel and see. Here is a photo of the side of my suit. I have to change out the side strap to make it snug. When I put on the belt it flares the top part of the kidney plate out a little.

DSC02426.jpg

Ā 

-Gerrit

Edited by TK-7186

• 4 weeks later...

sorry my brothers and sisters of the white....it has been a while as i have let my sickness go... mt armor from tupperweartk got here and i built that with dirtyboy ofer ay MEPD. we went for the sandtrooper..the build took like two hours with 2 people doing it , the armor was very easy to build... i was very careful not to drop it or get it dirth as it was really nice looking,,,dirtyboy...dropped it and was like "dude we are gonna mess it up anyway, so have at it".. now that thats compleat we are going to weather it and keep that one for SWAT.. the next armor we have is from RT mod..chris rec this a long time ago and that armor i picked up from a tk here...my hight and shoe size and just about the same build...very little mods needed here...i will get all the pics up as soon as i get my wife a new camra....as all my extra money went to a really nice dlt-19,,,,just sweet!!!

And how's the ROTJ build going? From the only picture I've seen, the armor needed rubber trim, paint on the ab plate buttons, the straps on the shoulder bells raised, and a new blaster.