Let's play "What's Wrong with TK-6818"

I am thoroughly disgusted with my thigh pieces. Any suggestions?

2404063110043842612S600x600Q85.jpg

Small note here: the downward angle of this photo kind of exaggerates the shapes by making the legs look shorter, but that's why I chose it.

The red lines indicate possible cut/heat/flatten/trim/something areas. I hate the little bulge on the right thigh. It just makes my leg look disproportionately large. Some guys have very "conical" or "cylindrical" armor without all the lumps. I suppose those are screen accurate or something?

I am considering opening the front and trimming some more, though it will be really snug until I lose another 2-4 lbs.

I love the way a good TK looks with the top inner thigh aligned with the cod piece. I cannot seem to achieve this. The AP tops are curvy, the cod piece is angled. Trim to shape? Twist thighs more outward? Are they too high, too low?

Is my battery box too low? Should it be higher, or should I trim some off the bottom or something? EDIT: bottom of thigh piece, not battery box.

Should my thigh pieces be a bit shorter perhaps?

Is my belt too high? My cod's "belly" area looks so huge.

UUUGHHH does anyone else stare at their flaws and go insane? Or am I just really vain? (Don't answer that last question.)

Any other "areas of improvement" ? I seriously have this obsession with looking "right." Whatever that is in my own mind.

Edited by LadyInWhite

I think that if you move the straps holding up your thighs outwards, presuming you're using the garter belt method... Essentially just rotate your thighs outwards. It should solve your problem... Give that a go before you from anything.

As everyone has said, my first reaction was the thighs needed rotating just as everyone has said.

The way you are standing does not help the photo at all. the angle isn't the problem. You are standing with your legs apart and feet pointing out and one leg slightly back from the other. You should stand at attention, feet point forward shoulder width apart and legs straight to see how they really look.

Ingrid...I have learned that you never stop tweaking your setup! ;) I've seen your pics and EIB pics and your costume is awesome, don't doubt yourself. The biggest part I learned was to make sure it's comfortable to walk around. It looks like your thigh parts need to be raised a bit (not sure if you use a garter belt type system or have them hung from the ab/cod). As the fellas mentioned, it causes the rotation too.

Edited by Griffin-X

Hi Ingrid!

I gotta follow this topic b/c I'm having lots of thigh issues, myself. I think I'll try moving my garter straps like everybody was saying so the thighs rotate outward more. Yah... everybody goes back and adjusts non-stop! :) My drop boxes won't lay all the way flat... not sure there's a good fix for that? I think your cod looks good. [insert perverted joke here...] I'm still waiting on a new one - which I'm NOT trimming! :) Where your thighs and cod meet at the top, do they pinch your skin? Or is it more just a clanking together thing that doesn't hurt? [i've got parts that clank together and don't hurt.] Course, I've got my knee area where it does hurt.. so I'm trimming that. I can only get my dang thigh pieces so high up, and then they just won't budge anymore. I think I have to live with having more black showing than I'd like. I'll be interested in your ideas / changes!

And, it's not vanity... it's our never-ending need to represent the 501st to the best of our abilities!!!! :smiley-sw013:

Rock on with your bad self! Jenny

Thanks, all. I do need to adjust the new garter/harness to raise a bit so I will rotate outward at the same time and see how that goes.

I think I'll keep looking at reference photos too... actually I need to stop doing that.

it's our never-ending need to represent the 501st to the best of our abilities!!!!

Yep, thanks Jenny!

I think that if you move the straps holding up your thighs outwards, presuming you're using the garter belt method... Essentially just rotate your thighs outwards. It should solve your problem... Give that a go before you from anything.

this is exactly what I was going to suggest rotate outwards and raise up a little.