Hasbro for Cons

Hi all, if y'all haven't figured it out yet I go to quite a few Cons and wondering if a painted Hasbro is somewhat passable in that environment. I'm getting a DD's E-11 Resin kit and that'll be for the "official" or formal events but for random Cons I was thinking of just painting up a Hasbro gun and using that in my holster --- if the RCMP (or Police here in Canada) yoinks that from me no biggie.

Thoughts?

Yes, i use a Hasbro mod and lots of others do as well. It really comes down to the look of the blaster and how you do the mod. For pics, I use a resin kit blaster since it's bigger and closer to size, shape, and accuracy. My 2 cents...:)

From the 501st standards, you only need need to have a non-hasbro for Centurion certification. So I would figure as long as it doesn't look too chessy (which I'm sure yours will look good still) you should be good!

For me I tend to go to a lot of Cons in Canada and US so I cross borders and stuff. I don't want my "good" blaster to be confiscated at the Canadian border. If they take a plastic Hasbro I would be less heartbroken than if they took my "photo-quality" E-11. Good! Basically just what I wanted to hear... gonna grab one now. :)

Dammit just read some stuff that made me think twice about buying the Hasbro E-11 from Trooperbay. Not sure if it is wise now. Anyone know if I can get a Hasbro E-11 in Canada?

I dig my Hasbro blaster. It's great at cons because its light

and doesn't hurt people as bad as a resin one would if you accidentally bonk somebody in the head who doesn't get our limited vision. lol...

Sucks about gun laws in some countries. I'm glad the authorities are fairly "pro-blaster" where I troop. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was also considering having a Hasbro (or 2...never know when you'll need a backup) for trooping - of course that means ordering from Doopys again...which is fine, but the long wait for the kit to ship to the US is not much fun :(

Yeah I'm building two E-11's right now. Still waiting to see if anyone has a spare Hasbro conversion kit lying around - I really don't want to wait for the Doopy's and the shipping to Canada is pretty high.

I'm going to grab some supplies for my Doopy's E-11 today, I'm going to try and make it as solid (structually) a build as possible. My motto is going to be "glue and screw" where possible.

I have a modded Hasbro but rarely use it. I normally carry my Hyperfirm just because it's durable and don't have to worry about kids handling it. But I do want to get another Hasbro and put a Hyperdine kit in it, kids absolutely love it.

Can you ship them within Canada? I ask in that there is a lot of interaction between Seattle & Vancouver troopers, and I've never been stopped crossing the border for my hyperfirm (just leave it in my bin). It would seem to me that once in Canada - you can move them around easier?

• 1 month later...

Hey I am building a DD E-11 full kit and I want to do some mods on it. What I really want to try is to use the "guts" of a Hasbro for light or sound. I was wondering if any of you had a cracked or smashed Hasbro that still had working electronics. Can't afford a hasbro at all, let alone one to rip apart Any help here? Buler?

If you can afford a DD, you can afford a Hasbro! Keep an eye out I've seen some for as low as $20 floating around. That being said the guts of the Hasbro does seems quite large and the small and narrow cavity of the DD "seems" to make it nigh impossible to do what you intend to do... unless someone can prove me wrong.

Why do you keep riding my an impolite person? You have no idea what my life is like. Sure a month or so ago I had money, was even getting armor, but some shucks happened. Right now $20 is a lot for me. Try living on $600 a month Veterans Disability then come ride my an impolite person some more because I do not care. I would use more expletives but it's medication time.

Woah! No offense meant there Michael. Just saying that you can find Hasbro's for way less than a DD kit because I read your post and it sounded like you thought a Hasbro was just as expensive to get as the DD (because on some websites people overcharge for a Hasbro big time). Sorry if it offended you. I guess it's how text comes out when it is written and not spoken.

Back to the real point of my post - I don't know if you can gut the Hasbro and make it work with a DD?

Hey sorry myself, your right "Lost in Textation" lol

I just figured if someone already had one that broke on them during an upgrade or mishap, I would try to salvage the guts. I am pretty good with electronics if I have the parts.

And again, sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

I started with a Hasbro and Doopys mod, and then the Doopys Full resin, and I am looking to do a real Sterling mod in the future...but the Doopys/Hasbro is great for the basics; Light weight, makes Pew-Pew noises...and most people don't know the difference...