100 Stormtroopers needed to do a BIG LFL event!

RogueTrooper

Holy Crap everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! I was getting caught up with my emails from this past week…… I was contacted by a coordinator from Lucas Films about helping get 100 Stormtroopers to do a BIG event at LFL HQ in California next month for the 35th Anniversary of ANH/ honor for McQuarrie.

Here is the Email:

Dear Thomas Gardner,

I am Julia Silverman, one of the special events and public relations coordinators for Lucas Films Limited. I was recently in touch with Steve Sansweet and he forwarded your contact information to me. Mr. Sansweet conveyed to us that you and he have been in correspondence this past year about a book you are trying to get published, and you may be able you help us.

Let me tell you why I am contacting you. Mr. Lucas is having us plan an event for the 25th of May 2012 at the Head Quarters of Lucas Films in San Francisco, Ca. This year marks the 35th Anniversary for Episode 4, A New Hope. This event we have been planning will commemorate the film, and also to be in honor and pay tribute the late Ralph McQuarrie. At the last minute, Mr. Lucas requested to have around 80 to 100 Stormtroopers as an honor guard for the event. Mr. Sansweet was actively involved with coordination of the 501st during the last large event (The Rose Bowl Parade in 2007). When we contacted Steve this time about helping pull this together on such short notice, he said that "we may be in luck!' Steve said that ironically he has been in contact with you over the past year, and that you conveyed about being on the staff of a 501st website that provides information and give assistance to those that are putting together their Stormtrooper costumes for the 501st Legion. Steve told us that your website has artisan programs that strives to making more screen accurate Stormtrooper costumes. Since it is such short notice, and needing a very larger number and wanting the best looking Stormtroopers that we can get for this event, we are hoping you can help us fine them.

We are able to provide transportation and lodging for 100. This event will not be as arduous for 501st members like it was for the Rose Bowl Parade. There will be no need for extensive training, nor any long distance marching. Mainly standing at attention and a short march at the beginning and end of the event.

I apologize and realize this is such short notice. So, for incentive for the 100 501st Stormtroopers, we will have a special screening of A New Hope and a teaser screening of next year’s release of Episode 2, Attack of the Clones in 3D. Plus, a tour of Lucas Films facilities, this will include the Archive as well.

Please contact me as soon as you get this email, so we can start coordinating and get the details solidified.

Regards,

Julia Silverman

Lucas Films Limited

End of the email.

OK, since I/we the FISD staff needs to get the ball rolling and not have pandemonium, I contacted Mason, and we set up a new area this morning for coordinating this so this will go faster. We need anyone and everyone that can do this event to go to the link below and give the following information:

• Full Name
  • 501st TK ID
  • EI and/or Centurion
  • What version of TK you are
  • Garrison/outpost

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND TO SIGN UP NOW!!

This way we can look through and pick out the best TKs to do the event. Please know, there are ONLY 100 slots, so first come first serve!!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got 10 TKs signed up :tkreal: :tkreal: :tkreal: :tkreal: :tkreal: :tkreal: :tkreal: :tkreal: :tkreal: :tkreal:

I just had a nerdgasm.

No chance I'll have my armor completed in that time, but I wish the best of times to everyone who does get the chance to go. ;)

Edited by MisterFubar

is this for td's aswell? :duim:

If we don't get all 100 TKs, I will ask Ms.Silverman if they will take TDs as well. :)

BTW we gotten 8 more TKs for the event. 18 total, the slots are going fast...........

Thanks Ryan, the Total is now 51 TKs. That only leaves 49 slots left. They are going fast......

I live in nor cal... how do I sign up?

is this just april fools day stuff?

It's the real thing.

Vern were you not able to sign up, please try again with the link......

Two more TKs for a grand total of 53. 47 spot left........If you are able to do this, please sign up at the link on the first post.