Things to do while waiting ...

I'm about 2 weeks into my obligatory "armor wait" with quite a while to go ... anyone want to share some stories of how they passed their time till their first kit arrived?

1. Read every AP and non-AP build possible.

2. Read most EIB submissions

3. Made a list and bought a whole lot of random stuff to go for EIB

4. Played SWTOR (gosh there's no good games out there ...)

5. Watched Episode IV to VI ... twice

6. ???

I was going to hold out on making my E-11 till next month but at this point I don't know if I handle waiting another week without making some sort of "progress" ... gah! Might have to spring for it soon.

How did y'all pass the time?

read read read read read read read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read Chances are someone has already asked it or done it and they've shared about their experiences with their armor here. If possible, seek assistance first hand from a local fellow 501st member who has a set of armor. We have an attache 'program' here on this detachment. That's what their main purpose is to do. Building your armor will take less time when you know what you're goal is and how to accomplish it.

read read read read read read read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read readread read read read Chances are someone has already asked it or done it and they've shared about their experiences with their armor here. If possible, seek assistance first hand from a local fellow 501st member who has a set of armor. We have an attache 'program' here on this detachment. That's what their main purpose is to do. Building your armor will take less time when you know what you're goal is and how to accomplish it.

:jc_doublethumbup:

Make a holster, convert a Hasbro, if you can sew make a belt, purchase things you will need on eBay, etc... I now know from experience you will need a ton of magnets and clamps. \whatever amount you plan on buying go ahead and double it.

I had many other distractions, as my armor arrived OCT 31. So other costumes, reading and procrastinating like mad, setting up my Angry Gourds display out front....... madness, I tell you!

Definitely, as others have said, work on things you'll want to have when your build is finally done. Order boots, belt, neck seal, under-suit (dive suit), etc. Practice making snap plates.

Or just enjoy the time before your life is consumed. Like catch up with family and friends who are going to start feeling neglected.

Enjoy! I'm sharing the excitement!

Maybe I should spend time with my 5 month old instead of being on forums or shopping online. Ha! Actually he's totally part of the experience. Everytime I get a new bit (like my boots last week), I put it on him! (I have pics!) But yeah I've picked up a ton of stuff already (see my Am I done shopping list?) ... the wait is just brutal.

Doesn't feel like we all spend a lot of time waiting in life? Traffic lights, line-ups, post office, ... grrr... I know I must be patient.

Edited by bigironvault

I would add, read and study as much as possible on original armor assembly.

As TM says (sort of), if you copy other fan made builds you will end with a copy of a fan made build, if you want to be closerto real armor, study real armor.

;)

Saludos.

Practice your Trooper Walk, practice posing for pics, practice the Trooper moonwalk. I might have made up that last one.

Oh, did anybody mention that you can read?

haaaa haaa haaa haaaaaaa, ahhhh haaaaaaa haaaaaaa.... weeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

I think I'm losing my mind ... I have all this stuff I need to get but I'm trying to discipline myself by waiting till next month in order to "go easy" on my finances. :P ... SO HARD!

*waiting for job applications to pan out so I can get the necessary jack* *rocks back and forth whimpering* >_< At least I can come on here once every few days to get my Legion fix. Researching and talking with other prospectives/members is a lot of fun in itself, isn't it? :D Just need to figure out the assembly process... *rubs chin*

I know there's a lot to learn! I'm not sure how much time I will have till when I need it done by (August). I need to think of a strategy...

mine deff wont be ready by august. but if you live close enough i might think about helping you get yours ready for august even though i dont have any builds on my belt I've been doing the reading thing for a few months now and have seen alot of methods for assembly.