Thigh help needed

Hello,

I am sure many have had this same problem and maybe figured it out on their own, but have yet to do so. I have glued double snaps into the upper front portion of my thigh piece and then attached them to a belt like a garter kind of set up (similar to Pandatroopers). Well, the problem I am having is that the belt sags and the thigh pieces slide down no matter how tight i make the belt. If there is a remedy for this I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I have read where some have used velcro for attaching their armor together. Does velcro work better in this case? If someone could please help me in figuring this out, I would be greatly appreciative. wallbash.gif

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Hey Patrick we met at Matt's when he had that armor party. I would say use a webbed pistol belt. I have used the same one for the last 7 years and have never had a problem with it sagging. If you need any help let me know and we can figure out a time to get together.

Bill

I have the same sagging thing going on with my thighs because they contain a lot of meat :P I use the belt & garter system, but instead of elastic straps, I use non-stretchy nylon straps.

2AHMLy5.jpg

The buckle is secured with industrial strength velcro.

instead of elastic straps, I use non-stretchy nylon straps.

That's where your problem is.

Elastic keeps the thighs pulled up where nylon webbing just keeps them hanging instead of pulling up. Make the elastic slightly shorter than you want so there is always tension on the straps. Your waist belt it fine and should stay put with no problems if secured tight enough.

I have the same sagging thing going on with my thighs because they contain a lot of meat :P I use the belt & garter system, but instead of elastic straps, I use non-stretchy nylon straps.

The buckle is secured with industrial strength velcro.

I use this same set-up with the webbing with three snaps to adjust the height based on how my body is feeling that day. I also cinch the web belt all the way up to under my chest, in part because my beer gut keeps it up. I don't have a "waist" like normal women :P

I tried the elastic and no matter how short I made it they sagged, which is why I ripped them off and put webbing on. My thigh pieces are too heavy.

As I lose weight, however, I am considering adding shoulder straps / harness to the rig to keep it up, and also as something to attach my electronics to. I don't like the idea of attaching things to the inside of my chest armor when I have other "baggage" in there.

I tried the elastic and no matter how short I made it they sagged, which is why I ripped them off and put webbing on. My thigh pieces are too heavy.

I can't see how this is possible. The thighs are not heavy enough to pull the elastic to make them sag. Elastic pulls the thigh upwards when there is tension on the elastic straps. If you have a leather or web belt holding the elastic straps in place and your elastic straps are short enough so there is tension o them when worn then how can they possibly sag?

Webbing does not stretch and your thighs will just be hanging off your straps rather than pulling them up. When you bend over your thighs will sag down where elastic will keep them up.

If your belt is sagging down the use some kind of braces or suspenders over your shoulders to prevent them moving.

That's where your problem is.

Elastic keeps the thighs pulled up where nylon webbing just keeps them hanging instead of pulling up. Make the elastic slightly shorter than you want so there is always tension on the straps. Your waist belt it fine and should stay put with no problems if secured tight enough.

what paul said!

I can't see how this is possible. The thighs are not heavy enough to pull the elastic to make them sag. Elastic pulls the thigh upwards when there is tension on the elastic straps. If you have a leather or web belt holding the elastic straps in place and your elastic straps are short enough so there is tension o them when worn then how can they possibly sag?

You haven't seen my thighs. :laugh1:

I have not found an elastic with the tension strength to contract this load.

Also, in my case they do not hang because my thigh ("meat") is snug inside them. However, because my thigh is conical, they will slip down. So if I adjust to the right height, the webbing prevents slipping down, but otherwise it's just fine and works for me :salute:

Update: today my snap plate on my left (and usually less troublesome) thigh came off.

Concede: elastic would have helped prevent this because it has "give."

Confirmed: I've been thinking about a harness or suspenders anyway.

So, how do you attach the suspenders? Pics would help. Thanks in advance.

Patrick: Here's what I plan to do though I am also curious to see others.

Option 1: use hockey suspenders with the metal button-hook closure, affix hook side to inner thigh using LONG well-glued strip similar to cover strip.

Option 2: use hockey suspenders and remove button-hook, attach snap system (with longer snap plate and moooooore glue on thigh piece).