AM ESB Build in Long Beach

obrotherracing

My TK Boots are in-hand.

Have two Hasbro Blasters with the DoopyDoos Mod Kit ready to be applied.

AM Lite Armor has been ordered, pulled and paid-for.

Once it arrives.....BUILD!

I hope you will all chime in periodically to keep me on the right path. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing each of your comments when I get underway.

Jason

Edited by obrotherracing

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question regarding the SHINS: I am overlapping the backs w/ a heavy-duty velcro closure. Fronts will be butt-jointed with the strip over. Is this an acceptable technique? I've referenced some of the other builds and have read up on techniques, but just feel like I have found a definitive answer. Any input is GREATLY appreciated. I will post a few pics in a bit.

Jason

I have a question regarding the SHINS: I am overlapping the backs w/ a heavy-duty velcro closure. Fronts will be butt-jointed with the strip over. Is this an acceptable technique? I've referenced some of the other builds and have read up on techniques, but just feel like I have found a definitive answer. Any input is GREATLY appreciated. I will post a few pics in a bit.

Jason

Yes that is acceptable

Thanks for the Tip Darkside. That pretty much coencides with Noah's statement. Anyhow, I spent about 6 hours yesterday working on this. I apologize, but I am HORRIBLE with progress shots; it's more of a START, MIDDLE, END! I did a test fit last night and any of your input would be greatly appreciated:

post-15800-0-80672900-1335798804.jpg

post-15800-0-73956700-1335798805.jpg

post-15800-0-62288900-1335798806.jpg

post-15800-0-12740000-1335798807.jpg

post-15800-0-64960500-1335798807.jpg

Here is my To Do list:

1. Add Drop Boxes

2. Add O2 Canister

3. Garters to keep Thighs High & Secure

4. Cut 2" off of Sides of Chest

5. Attach Biceps to Shoulders to eliminate shoulder arm strap

6. Paint Ab Buttons

7. Add Holster

Now, here are some questions I have for you "seasoned" TKs:

1. Can I cut the backs of the Shins and the Thighs at the knee bend to aide in walking?

2. Do the Forearms need to close with velcro?

3. Should I completely close the gap between the Ab and Kidney?

Thanks for the support and I look forward to any input!!

Jason

1. Can I cut the backs of the Shins and the Thighs at the knee bend to aide in walking?

Yes you can do that.

2. Do the Forearms need to close with velcro?

Ideally they should be glued shut on both sides.

3. Should I completely close the gap between the Ab and Kidney?

If you can, yes.

You may also want to trim some off the bottom of the back plate to minimize the overlap with the kidney.

Locitus - PERFECT!!!! You answered EXACTLY how I was hoping. I will get on it as soo as I get home.

Can anyone make a recommendation to correct the severe downward angle of the chest piece?? Also, the straps from the Chest to the Back sit up so high they push my lid UP!! Anyone ever have to fix this, and if-so....HOOOOOWWWWWWW??????

Thanks for all of your input. You guys are awesome!

Jason

1. I would recommend attaching you biceps to your shoulder bells. This will keep them from turning, as they are in your pics, and will keep the shoulderbell overlapping the bicep as it should do. You probably need to get rid of a little more of the return edge on the shouderbells where they lay against the biceps.

2. Like stated you need to trim the back piece on the sides just like ur going to do on the chest piece.

3. As far as your chest/shoulder strap problem, it is because your chest piece is riding up too high. Without seeing it in person, I can only assume it is do to the way you attached the strap to the chest and back plates.

Trimmed the lower sections of both the chest and the back. I froze some Carbon Chamber scenes as references and they were indeed too long. I removed 3" from the front and 2.5" on the back. Sealed the forearms and added the drop boxes. Also trimmed the backs of the thighs and shins so I can walk like a TK, not like Threepio!! I will hit the other spots tomorrow.

Again, thank you for all of the help and input!!

Jason

Ok...

Cut 1.5" off of the top of each thigh; I CAN WALK NOW!!!

Does the kidney piece match up perfecty with the AB section??? I'm thinking about shimming and connecting them (as long as I can still squeeze into it. I'll get pics up later.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone in the So CA are going to any of the Course of the Force CONivals??? I will be at the one in Huntington Beach!!! If you haven't heard of it, check it out...

www.courseoftheforce.com

Jason

PS: As soon as my wife gets home, I will do some updated pics. My mannequin is WAAAAAYYYYY too tall to see what the armor accurately fits like now.