How much should i cut on the arms?

Ok,so then i can cut like i have drawn on the picthure,and use joining strips to join the parts ? And goes that for the legs and the other parts to ?

Yes. Just make sure that you leave at least half the width of your joining strip which is usually between 15mm and 17mm wide. Go wider if you need to.

Do the same for the legs but use 20mm to 22mm for a standard build or wider if you need to.

I definitely agree with Troopermaster... don't cut where your line is. Measure 8-9mm from the molded ridge and cut there.

I suggest you only cut the armor on one side first though and try it on for size. If your arms are big, the forearm pieces will be hard to get on if you trim down to a tight 15mm cover strip on both sides.

You'll want to cut your armor on one side, glue an inside shim piece to it, and then attach the other side before placing your cover strip.

Watch out! The more you cut, the harder it will be to glue them together. Take this from a tiny trooper who wanted scaled down bracers, I ended up with a sloppy glue job and many days of frustration. You have to take the general shaping of your bracers into consideration and deal with the extra width later on (with foam stuffing, etc).

Here's what I my bracers looked like before gluing:

xOlabn7.jpg

The assembly was difficult to say the least. My cover and shim strips barely held.

rWLl1Ii.jpg

This was after 48 hours of glue and ABS paste. They're holding up, but ya better not look too closely!

It doesn't appear you have to worry about your arm being "too big" for the armor...

I suggest you trim both sides of your forearms leaving only 8mm of ridge on either side. This will allow you to place a 15mm cover strip on both sides of your arm. The forarm may still feel too big, but you can add foam padding while maintaining an accurate look for your trooper. Just be sure your hand will fit through the smaller opening.

If you trim more than that away, you will have trouble like daennika describes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah just make sure you have the top or outside edge correct looking with the butt strip, the. The inside it lower join can be trimmed wherever you want.

If you cut too much it harder to join the non butted side but still possible with masking tape to hold it circular etc

Some TKs had wing like looking arms (Luke being a classic) so don't worry too much about the elbow. Focus on the wrist side of trimming.

That's what I do anyway :)

Edited by john danter

Pretty much. As long as it's clamped with clamps or magnets to form strong bond it's all you should need. I highly recommend scoring the surfaces to be glued to give more surface area to glue to as well.

Pretty much. As long as it's clamped with clamps or magnets to form strong bond it's all you should need. I highly recommend scoring the surfaces to be glued to give more surface area to glue to as well.

what Spectre said ;) Edited by Trooperman