[ATA] ESB build in progress

Recieved my brown box for christmas

Im recieving the lexan scissors tomorrow, i started trimming some of the pieces allready with some heavy duty scissors but didnt like how it was going. I'll post some pics as soon as i can. Just need to figure out a way to increase the amount of data i can upload to the forums.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of good places to see the hand plates on line... my website here is one of them.

The scene where they're "cuffing" Chewie when Han is about to be frozen in carbonite is good.

ESB-TK-24_small.jpg

As well as some other choice shots... like this one...

ESB-TK-37_small.jpg

Basically you want to cut off most of the return all the way around and just leave a curve.

The back can go all the way up to the edge with no return.

Look at the movie though for reference over listening to anyone at all.

Good luck!

ESB = RULES! B)

Ok ran into 1st hurdle. I was sizing the thighs and a 2" seam on both front and back was too much. So i trimmedcit to a 1" seam on both sides and now its too tight. I can keep the front at 1" but would need the back to be 2". Now heres my question can i just use a thick cover strip in the back to cover the gap? Heres the pics

1325460672.jpg

Those that I have seen use shims in the back if their thighs don't do a cover strip back there. Sucks this happened but live and learn, we all usually mess something up along the way in our build. On your forearms, I trimmed mine to the appropriate 15mm (7.5mm on each side) and still have to put padding inside because my forearms are thin like your's.

Edited by darksideemt

ok heres the situation i can get the arms to screen accurate strip size but than im going to have to use velcro to have it fit, or i can leave at about double and be able to slop my hand through? Which one would be better in your opinion.

ok heres the situation i can get the arms to screen accurate strip size but than im going to have to use velcro to have it fit, or i can leave at about double and be able to slop my hand through? Which one would be better in your opinion.

I say Velcro those bad boys. The weirdness of having the extra thickness from the Velcro doesn't look as bad as poorly fitting forearms. Heaven forbid you apply for EIB/centurion and someone tells you to trim your forearms down.... I doubt anyone would get dinged for Velcro.

Oh and Apple? Please stop capitalizing Velcro for me.

Aloha,

-Eric

I say Velcro those bad boys. The weirdness of having the extra thickness from the Velcro doesn't look as bad as poorly fitting forearms. Heaven forbid you apply for EIB/centurion and someone tells you to trim your forearms down.... I doubt anyone would get dinged for Velcro.

Oh and Apple? Please stop capitalizing Velcro for me.

I agree with Darth on this one... Velcro is the way to go!

(and Velcro is a trademarked name, so it should be capped...) ;)

All is going well so far ill have the arm assemblys oretty much done by the end of the day the cover strips are going to have to be a hair bigger than they are suppose to be at 7/8" i could get the arm at screen accurate but not the left due to their varation in size so i have decided to keep them identical.all of the other seams are going to be 1" except the back of the thighs which are going to be 2" thats the only way they will all fit. :(

Edited by dante12721

all right the legs and arms are ready for gluing. just have to trim a little bit off of thr chest and back, and have to figure out the best way to cut the abb buttons flat enough to lay ontop of the abb armor.Pretty much all of the arms and legs are going to have the front seam glued and the back seams are going to be velcroed. I could glue the thighs with the extra wide cover strip but figured might as well velcro it for easy assembly, and to match the rest of the armor.

Heres some pics of the arms:

1325546424.jpg

1325546427.jpg

1325546426.jpg

thats without straps almost all of the arm armor hold themselves up except the right forarm. Im still going to apply a strappinf system though.

Feel free to post opinions