G4's Armour Progress ....

Well after recieving my first (AP) Armour Kit on Friday last week i started work tonight ....

This is the kit when i first unpacked it ....

Armour001.jpg

.... and this is the progress i made on it tonight. Rough trimmed the Forearms, Biceps and Shoulders. Chest Plate, AB Plate, Backplate, Kidney and Butt Plate.

Armour004.jpg

.... oh and for anyone building Armour from a kit and using snippers to trim off the excess .... make sure you have plenty of plasters!!!!! :blink:

Armour006.jpg

Not sure i'll be able to explain the blisters to me Girlfriend .... she'll probably think i've been looking up Drew Barrymore on the Interweb or something!! :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any new pics? keep waitting~

when you start build calfs,you will find the left calf armor will likes below pic's showed from my AP suit. unfortunelly,It's seems like a common problem. I still don't know how to handle this. :huh::huh::(:(

My kit is the same way. This kit uses the outer right calf also for the inner left. Hard to know how exactly how to trim. I will be watching this thread with great interest. Talked to the guy at AP about it and he said "Line up the front for the knee pieces to fit better, once the front is

glued the rear will stay aligned with the velcro". Any other tips from experience would be greatly appreciated.

As far as trimming, I started with tin snips and they are nice though I found later that score and snap with the exacto works very well with practice and gives you very clean lines. I am still learning and have a looooong way to go.

Sorry for the lack of progress reports people but had a bad case of Man Flu this week and we all know how bad that is!! :blink: Lol

Done a bit more trimming, but been waiting for me new Dremel kit to arrive, which came today, so hopefully i'll be cracking on with it on Monday!! Watch this space .... B)

My kit is the same way. This kit uses the outer right calf also for the inner left. Hard to know how exactly how to trim. I will be watching this thread with great interest. Talked to the guy at AP about it and he said "Line up the front for the knee pieces to fit better, once the front is

glued the rear will stay aligned with the velcro". Any other tips from experience would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think that's will works... :huh:

but seems Tk-4261 handle this problem very perfect. :huh:

any new pics? keep waitting~

when you start build calfs,you will find the left calf armor will likes below pic's showed from my AP suit. unfortunelly,It's seems like a common problem. I still don't know how to handle this. :huh::huh::(:(

line them up at the top then trim the bottom accordingly ;) its not that hard, i trimed my AP and put it together within 8 days :)

Ok folks here's the latest ....

Tonight i completely finished the trimming and sanding etc on the Chest Plate, AB Plate and Kidney Plate.

Having never done anything on this scale before i think its looking ok so far? :)

Armour012.jpg

NB: the reduced picture size makes it look a bit ruff on the edges, but if ya view it full size it looks ok! ;)

I was looking at the legs on my ap suit and decided that it would probably look better using the butt seam with the strip of abs over top (like in their supplemental directions). I don't think the overlap method will look as good on the legs. I already glued all of the arm pieces using the overlap method. I don't think those are as important because most people will look at you dead on, not from the side. What do you guys think?

Hey Graham,

Looking good!

It looks like your doing very well with the trimming. Cant wait to see more.

Keep us posted,

Curtis :D

Cheers Curtis .... its so helpfull being able to refer to your build thread bud i can tell ya!!! :)

Managed to spend some time on getting the lower legs trimmed up over the weekend ....

Armour013.jpg

Nearly finished all the trimming ....

finished the Back, Butt and knee plate and also the Forearms and Shoulders over the weekend ....

Armour015.jpg

Armour016.jpg

so just the Biceps, Belt and Fiddly Bits to go ....

Armour017.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well the last bits have been trimmed .... (i know, i havent finished the belt corners etc yet!)

Armour018.jpg

.... and ive got me Boots from CA, Neckseal from Mrs TK409, and Canvas belt from FBJ ....

Armour019.jpg

.... so its time to start building people! Now where's me glue? :blink:

Started putting the Armour together this weekend. Following Curtis's thread helped and i used electrical tape to mask the seams. Decided against using Plastic Weld and used Plastic Bond instead which worked really well. Got a good solid join, but (if required) i think you could propbably break it apart with some serious force ;)

Not sure wether im gonna glue the inside seams yet or use velcro, so have left the inside for the time being? :blink:

CarandParty042.jpg

CarandParty043.jpg

CarandParty071.jpg

CarandParty072.jpg

Biceps next .... B)