Thermal Detonator, top plate placement

James

Where is the TD top white plate supposed to be positioned? Should the back of that plate be more or less touching the clips?

My kit has standoffs that seem to force the plate forward a bit.

See images at the bottom of the post under the photos.

nwYNrJF.jpg

tliN5dV.jpg

post-15351-0-30585800-1318779368_thumb.gif

post-15351-0-18084500-1318779375_thumb.gif

I have some clips coming that will allow me to ditch the standoffs, but I need this ready in case they don't get here in time.

Also not sure the other clips will work with my removable cap solution, I think the inner tube is going to be in the way of the screws.

jHmqTtU.jpg

oJQBu3e.jpg

1nJhPqh.jpg

Where is the TD top white plate supposed to be positioned?

I have seen more with the angled. I thinks it looks better and is more screen accurate.

What's the deal with the biker with no lid on and his hands on his head?

He's one of the rebels that are in the strike force. After the ewok lures away 4 of the four scouts outside the back entrance one scout gets left behind as the ewok took his speeder - this guy gets beat down and a rebel, the guy with the beard takes his uniform and keeps guard outside the door while Han and the others are inside.

He's one of the rebels that are in the strike force. After the ewok lures away 4 of the four scouts outside the back entrance one scout gets left behind as the ewok took his speeder - this guy gets beat down and a rebel, the guy with the beard takes his uniform and keeps guard outside the door while Han and the others are inside.

Ahh gotcha. Thanks buddy. Sorry to de-rail.

What's the deal with the biker with no lid on and his hands on his head?

His name is Nik Sant (or Saint Nick?) and he's a rebel in disguise. Google image results.

Aloha,

-Eric

Jesse's clips are inbound, but I may have screwed the pooch with my removable cap solution. I might be able to remove one rubber ring and sand the inner tube down though. The other option is to glue the clip on the left with false screws. Not sure if I trust any adhesive to hold up on ABS and Aluminum though. Lastly I can move the clips in but then I'm moving away from screen accurate using screen accurate clips.

Methinks I'll be using the stand-offs at least for Halloween then re-thinking my approach. Luckily I can attach them and the outer plate in a reversible fashion.

Love that pic with the TD twisted around. I've got a soft-spot for the "screw-up troopers."

I swear when I'm approved I want my card image to be me as the trooper bumping his head on the pipe in ANH. :laugh1:

• 2 weeks later...

Does the "tube" follows new armor kits ? or do you have to buy ( Make ) your own ?

I think that varies with the kit you get, but it's usually included.