DVD interest list

Guest T*E

You're better off selling a helmet and throwing in a DVD than this nonsense. You act like you're selling molds or something. These are photos man, and as proud of them as I'm sure you are, it's not like you're the friggin paparazzi or something and selling images that will make the front page of some magazine. It seriously doesnt sound like you have anything of any real value, and I get the feeling you really don't want to sell these after all, and the the only way to back out at this point is to offer a ridiculous price tag that you know damn well no one will pay. You need to seriously stop wasting everyone's time here with your pompous " I know something you don't know" attitude and either offer up some real input or just keep quiet. It makes absolutely no sense to present yourself as someone who seemingly has all the answers and all the inside info, but have absolutely no interest in sharing with the rest of the community. Take a good look around you buddy, and take notice to all the other contributors to this hobby that have done things out of good will and not to exploit their fellow man to no end. I don't know what planet you're from, but burning a DVD full of images certainly doesnt cost more than 20 bucks. There's probably a few dozen guys around here who would love to see some cool new pics, and I know for a fact that you could easily share your stuff without even having to charge a dime, but you're obviously fixated on taking advantage of your fortunate circumstances. You're fortunate to have been allowed access to the archives, not because you're some goddamn savior, and certainly not because of your character. What the hell is so special about a set of archive images that you'd feel compelled to rape people because "no one else has ever seen these". Who cares, it's not that important, as I'm sure you're finally beginning to realize.

You're better off selling a helmet and throwing in a DVD than this nonsense. You act like you're selling molds or something. These are photos man, and as proud of them as I'm sure you are, it's not like you're the friggin paparazzi or something and selling images that will make the front page of some magazine. It seriously doesnt sound like you have anything of any real value, and I get the feeling you really don't want to sell these after all, and the the only way to back out at this point is to offer a ridiculous price tag that you know damn well no one will pay. You need to seriously stop wasting everyone's time here with your pompous " I know something you don't know" attitude and either offer up some real input or just keep quiet. It makes absolutely no sense to present yourself as someone who seemingly has all the answers and all the inside info, but have absolutely no interest in sharing with the rest of the community. Take a good look around you buddy, and take notice to all the other contributors to this hobby that have done things out of good will and not to exploit their fellow man to no end. I don't know what planet you're from, but burning a DVD full of images certainly doesnt cost more than 20 bucks. There's probably a few dozen guys around here who would love to see some cool new pics, and I know for a fact that you could easily share your stuff without even having to charge a dime, but you're obviously fixated on taking advantage of your fortunate circumstances. You're fortunate to have been allowed access to the archives, not because you're some goddamn savior, and certainly not because of your character. What the hell is so special about a set of archive images that you'd feel compelled to rape people because "no one else has ever seen these". Who cares, it's not that important, as I'm sure you're finally beginning to realize.

as far as contributions go, I have offered more than anyone else here ever has regarding the movie suits, so dont even start. I copied all the original items, no one else. So dont try to claim this and that BS. It started here my friend. your attitude and attacks speak loudly of how much you really THINK a dvd like this costs to make and is worth. Better idea.. go and create your own...

Matt the reason they cost more than $20 to make I assume is because you got them all tripped out with anti-copy etc. right?

If you just made these things from your house like all those "crappy" CDs that Braks makes..

Ā 

People would pay for their own dvds and send them to you. You could charge like between $20-$50 bucks a pop due to the rarity of the pictures. People would be grateful to you and continue to line your pockets frequently rather than hope for a pirate version to land on them. Thats pretty much how all the other CDs go though they do not cost that much. Owing to the rare nature of these pictures people would be wiling to go higher than the norm I think.

Ā 

And if you dont want to sell anything. Fine. I agree that you can charge what you want. But why make such a hassle? Much simpler for you and everyone else the other way.

Matt the reason they cost more than $20 to make I assume is because you got them all tripped out with anti-copy etc. right?

If you just made these things from your house like all those "crappy" CDs that Braks makes..

Ā 

People would pay for their own dvds and send them to you. You could charge like between $20-$50 bucks a pop due to the rarity of the pictures. People would be grateful to you and continue to line your pockets frequently rather than hope for a pirate version to land on them. Thats pretty much how all the other CDs go though they do not cost that much. Owing to the rare nature of these pictures people would be wiling to go higher than the norm I think.

Ā 

And if you dont want to sell anything. Fine. I agree that you can charge what you want. But why make such a hassle? Much simpler for you and everyone else the other way.

The DVDs are anti copy and are tricked out to prevent it. trouble is I dont have a burner nor the time to do it myself so it has to be outsourced and fees pad for the software and other items.. hence the price.

Ā 

again, people.. dont like it? Simple.. DONT BUY IT

Ā 

T*E

The DVDs are anti copy and are tricked out to prevent it. trouble is I dont have a burner nor the time to do it myself so it has to be outsourced and fees pad for the software and other items.. hence the price.

Ā 

again, people.. dont like it? Simple.. DONT BUY IT

Ā 

T*E

Let me also ad these are NOT the same poor quality cd's braks makes using other peoples images and makes money from. Low res photos and such.. again.. the MINIMUM of resolution is 5MP and almost 80% are 9MP PER IMAGE.

Ā 

T*E

I haven't found one yet that couldn't be coppied. As far as I know ther's no such thing.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

try... pay the price with the imbedding to track who copies and posts images... there are penalties with it.

Ā 

So again, nice try people...

Ā 

T*E

I have seen nothing here that justifies anyone spending $150 on a bunch of photo's, hi res or not. It's just not worthy and you are a greedy person to think that you are justified. Go on believing in your self importance. Sure you can charge what you like, but don't expect everyone to bow at your feet and tell you how great you are and how grateful we are to you.

uhm... I admit that I didnt read any of the T*E versus GINO threads as I have enough bitching and catfights in real life but the DVD-title made me curious.

150 bucks for a couple of pictures?? I'm sorry, seeing how long I have to work to get 150$ then I have to say: never. In the end it is a couple of pics where I have no idea what they show. There was a teaser pic that I found when searching this boards for WTF that DVD could be about. Yay.. a shelf of plastic parts, obviously troopers, but nothing that really makes me drool. I'm not that crazy about the whole "mine is more authentic than yours", but I wondered why people were freaking out about it *lol*

Ā 

I agree with your line "dont like it, dont buy it", true enough. I wont buy it because it would make more sense to spend 150$ on the next costume or into an upgrade of mine. If you want this DVD to be an advertising for your work, fine, but then it is way to much.. if people spent that money for the DVD to see what they get then they may lack the money when they want to buy the armor finally. or do they get a 150$ discount when they finally buy one of your armors?

Ā 

if producing a DVD costs 20$ and you get 150 for one then you earn 130.. that is quite much. and if I got it right then there are pics of the archieves in there as well? do you have the OK by LFL to sell them?

$150 for a DVD of your pics!!!! :o

Ā 

I have to say you've shot yourself in the foot on this one Matt.

Ā 

For a long time a number of people including myself have tried to convince people that you really are only in the hobby to make as much cash as you can. But you've just illustrated that perfectly now for everyone. :D

Ā 

Its only ever been about greed with you. And now you've proved it! Thank you!

Ā 

For people who dont want to be ripped off, rest assured that any helmets or costumes Matt is referring to MOST CERTAINLY WILL be photographed by less greed-orientated people and shared for free on sites like StarWarsHelmets.com.

Ā 

Remember "Stop That Ship" and "Move Along"? Both extensive photo-reviews were shared on my site months before they were in the public domain - in fact Braks and I nailed the actual helmets in the movie so I'll always have friends at the various auction houses. I Did the same for the ESB helmets including John Mollo's

Ā 

As far as the LFL archives - The fact that they were fooled into letting someone see some stuff so he could make a few quick bucks out of them shouldnt detract from the fact that they are opening their doors more frequently. The Hero in the archives is a great example of that.

Ā 

There'll be more pics. And you wont need to pay a penny for them!

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Jez

TK-4510 said:

Well its not stormtroopers but its free. Check this out

Ā 

As I said before, then dont buy one! I could care less really. I offered, you said no..

Ā 

END OF STORY!

Ā 

BTW jeremy, remove the pics of my SFS helmet from your site. Those are my pics and you do not have permission to use them. an BTW, the helmet was at an auction and anyone could have taken the pics. Dont paint yourself as a do good.. dont even try.

Ā 

Do some math:

Ā 

go to the photo site where you pay $6.00 for an 8x 10 and then you get the photos you want... if there were 200 of them, and you had to have them, they cost you $1800.00 to get them all.

Ā 

Now $150 for the disk seems cheap doesnt it

Ā 

Mods please end the thread as it is painfully obvious no one here has a (EDIT) brain amongst them.

Ā 

Ā 

So long!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Matthew

Ā 

Thank you for your eloquent post and your contribution to this hobby. I think youā€™re done here.

Ā 

The math is simple.

Ā 

TE + rare pics / greed = rip off

Ā 

BTW as you well know I was invited by Christies in London to authenticate the helmets ā€“ something they ask me to do on many occasions. That was October 2004. They didnā€™t go on public showing until 2 months later ā€“ but the knowledge of having a ā€œscoopā€ didnā€™t make me think of dollar signs unlike you, which is why the pics were loaded up for all to see the very next day

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Jez

Why do you have to use foul language? You know if you offered the DVD for something reasonable, it would sell like hotcakes. By the way....As was said before, there is NO DVD that cant be cracked. If someone is charging you that kind of money to burn DVD's your getting ripped off.

Do some math:

Ā 

go to the photo site where you pay $6.00 for an 8x 10 and then you get the photos you want... if there were 200 of them, and you had to have them, they cost you $1800.00 to get them all.

Ā 

Now $150 for the disk seems cheap doesnt it

Ā 

Matt your overpaying for 8X10 then. I just had several printed up for $1.25 each, and this isn't at the local drugstore either.

Ā 

Also just a heads up, if the DVDs are made with a virus or nuker then that could land you in jail. Just coming from a guy with knowledge of cyber-crime ;) .

Matthew

Ā 

Thank you for your eloquent post and your contribution to this hobby. I think youā€™re done here.

Ā 

The math is simple.

Ā 

TE + rare pics / greed = rip off

Ā 

BTW as you well know I was invited by Christies in London to authenticate the helmets ā€“ something they ask me to do on many occasions. That was October 2004. They didnā€™t go on public showing until 2 months later ā€“ but the knowledge of having a ā€œscoopā€ didnā€™t make me think of dollar signs unlike you, which is why the pics were loaded up for all to see the very next day

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Jez

Ā 

My description of you is right on, remove the pics **.

I am done here? I already said the DVDs were dead. Thanks poly parrot.. keep repeating what I said.

Ā 

I didnt say the DVDs have a nuker. I am smarter than anything you people can think of.

Ā 

Anyway, again, the DVDs are dead. Buy your $1.25 pics... thats fine. Wont happen here.

Ā 

best of luck to you guys..

Ā 

T*E

Why do you have to use foul language? You know if you offered the DVD for something reasonable, it would sell like hotcakes. By the way....As was said before, there is NO DVD that cant be cracked. If someone is charging you that kind of money to burn DVD's your getting ripped off.

I dint say cracked.. you are thinking two dimensionally and I have done something that you cannot think of. But doesnt matter, I have a ton of PMs telling me people dont care what it costs and the price I want to charge is more than reasonable. So no worries. Your words say only one thing. You are a hack and a thief. So you wouldnt get one anyway.

Ā 

Sorry, my Marine shows sometimes.. Swearing school is what we go to sometimes. Language is a part of life foul or otherwise..

Ā 

T*E

Ā 

EDIT: Matt, foul language may be a part of life, but it is not welcome in this forum.