Cast from Original (CfO) - ROTJ Death Star stormtrooper build - Going for the hattrick! [*CFO]

Then congratulations are in order for both you Rich and Mark. Well done to both of you - it looks brilliant. Right off the screen.

Agreed! This is notable not only for the Legion as ROTJ troopers are very rare (there are more TKC's than ROTJ's!), but also as an achievement in costuming and paving the way for others.

Huzzahs, and pints on me :pint1:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting some finishing touches to the costume ....

I weathered my boots a little. Having deciced to sacrifice my TKBoots and "go the extra mile", I will also be painting the sole white later.

DSCF1833.jpg

My blaster also arrived. It's a really nicely made piece with lots of scratch-made parts. It does have some parts which are cast from an original Sterling instead of MGC parts. I'm not entirely convinced the open barrel with cocking lever and visible spring is quite right either (still looking for input on this one) but it would be an easy fix to close it up. A few inaccuracies but a nice blaster all in all.

DSCF1854.jpg

DSCF1855.jpg

DSCF1856.jpg

DSCF1857.jpg

DSCF1858.jpg

DSCF1859.jpg

Edited by Rick330

Nice blaster Rich!

I've been told that my Jörg aluminum E-11 is ready to ship, we're just sorting out some payment issues, since we're not going through paypal.

Nice blaster Rich!

I've been told that my Jörg aluminum E-11 is ready to ship, we're just sorting out some payment issues, since we're not going through paypal.

Aaaargh! Why did you have to remind me about that whilst I'm trying not to spend too much money? :laugh1: One day ... :rolleyes:

Bank transfers between two EU countries are free of charges by the way. Sverige -> Deutschland should be no problem.

Aaaargh! Why did you have to remind me about that whilst I'm trying not to spend too much money? :laugh1: One day ... :rolleyes:

Bank transfers between two EU countries are free of charges by the way. Sverige -> Deutschland should be no problem.

Hehehehe ;)

Yeah, the problem was the IBAN numbers and stuff like that. My online bank won't accept the number Jörg gave me. But he seems a little unsure of those himself so we'll look into it tonight.

Just a side note: Mathias, you are sooooo gonna love your Jörg/Blastech blaster. Those babies are sa-weeeeeet! ;)

Rich, I am looking forward to checking out your ROTJ blaster tomorrow. And we have some manly stitching and sewing to do!

Just a side note: Mathias, you are sooooo gonna love your Jörg/Blastech blaster. Those babies are sa-weeeeeet! ;)

I don't doubt that for a second! :D

Rich, I am looking forward to checking out your ROTJ blaster tomorrow. And we have some manly stitching and sewing to do!

Have fun ladies! ;)

I can stick a few pix of my MGC up if it helps?

Just the MGC replica itself? Would definitely be interested to see it anyway but I don't know it it will help.

What I'm really looking for is pictures of screen-used ROTJ E-11s. So far, everyone I have seen looks like it has a closed barrel with no cocking lever, i.e. that whole eongated hole area is sealed off (like the ESB promo/snowtrooper blaster). Before I go sealing up my blaster, I want to make sure that they were all like this.

Blasters are not really my thing, so I can't say for sure about the cocking handle slot being open or closed. But, I would imagine that real MGC's would have been open and resin casts would have closed slots.

It's as good as I've got at the moment. Makes sense. I'll keep digging ...

Thanks, Stefan. I'm sure you know the blaster builder quite well yourself.

Modified my helmet interior today. The liner works really well. 2.75 euros well spent; and seeing as the liners are not sold separately, I now have the first part of my Village People costume! ;)

DSCF1892.jpg

DSCF1893.jpg

DSCF1894.jpg

DSCF1895.jpg

DSCF1896.jpg

DSCF1897.jpg

DSCF1899.jpg

Edited by Rick330

Mods, mods, mods ....

The soles of my boots are now painted and the boots are fully weathered. I used spray paint direct on the soles of the boots without primer and the dirt is real soil. No point simulating dirt on white leather and white paint. The real thing does the job.

DSCF1903.jpg

DSCF1904.jpg

I also modded my blaster. Took out the inside and sealed off the holes with PVC pipe (painted black). There may well be E-11's used on screen with a real MGC body and visible cocking levers etc. but I haven't spotted any so I'm playing it safe and going with this look. I think I prefer it anyway.

DSCF1943.jpg

DSCF1941.jpg

Edited by Rick330

I've been looking at screen caps again, and in particular those which are good reference pictures for weathering, i.e. troopers in the woods. I've come to the conclusion that the stormtrooper costumes were divided up into hero and stunt in a similar way to ANH.

It seems the vast majority of the dirty/weathered troopers, getting attacked by Ewoks, have flat lenses. The bubble lenses are predominantly seen on the clean (hero) troopers seen indoors.

It might even be worth including in the CRL / EIB / Centurion programmes. These are the typical features of each as I would break it down ...

Stunt

Seen in the forest (by definition performing stunts!)

Flat lenses

Weathered armour

Visible dark soles on boots

No holster

(Often) no thermal detonator

Hero

Full armour configuration (thermal det + holster included - I have spotted only one clean indoor trooper with no holster)

Clean armour

Bubble lenses

Clean painted white boot soles

This has finally made up my mind to weather my suit and go for my own "stunt" configuration, i.e. flat lenses, no holster, optional thermal detonator, sometimes carrying the ESB promo version of the E-11.

Just look at all those "Stunt" troopers with their flat lenses! The "ROTJ-toppers-all-had-bubble-lenses" myth busted? :D

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h11m05s205.png

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h15m05s60.png

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h15m13s138.png

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h11m31s225.png

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h15m30s58.png

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h15m37s132.png

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h17m03s215.png

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h43m31s219.png

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h43m44s82.png

Has anyone noticed the ab butons on this trooper? They are the wrong way round........ Yet on other shots they are correct. They must have flipped the film on some shots......

Holy moly! You know how often I've looked at these captures and never noticed that!?!?

Sometimes you concentrate so hard on certain details that you don't see the most obvious stuff. Mental.

Since the pics show Endor anyways, let me make the following remark:

you saw the wood before louder trees not!

:laugh1:

With so much "wood in front of the hut", it's easy to get distracted! ;)