Cast from Original (CfO) - ROTJ Death Star stormtrooper build - Going for the hattrick! [*CFO]

Got my weathering done. I have to say I had a load of fun with it.

I used variations of Terry's techniques with acrylic paint and mixed a dark brown (nurned umber) and black for the greyish brown shade I wanted. Quite happy with the way it turned out. I also recorded a few videos of how I did it. I'l post them when I have it all edited and uploaded. Here are some photos for now ...

DSCF1778.jpg

DSCF1779.jpg

DSCF1780.jpg

DSCF1781.jpg

DSCF1782.jpg

DSCF1784.jpg

DSCF1787.jpg

Nothing too over the top. Mostly light dirt. But this is where I stepped in Ewok droppings ...

DSCF1783.jpg

Edited by Rick330

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video of me weathering the first part. I did the rest much the same but later on, instead of applying the two colours separatey, I mixed both together and applied them together as one shade. I was slightly happier with the single-shade technique.

Edited by Rick330

Anything wrong with rivets?

See, I told you Rich. :P

BTW, I could not for the life of me find screen caps of square frowned troopers - you were right, Paul, I must've imagined things. Happens with age...

I'd just drill a hole and rivet from the inside using a small washer. The ears will cover it.

I'm probably just going to glue them on, Mark. I've not exactly gone for an accurate interior; after all I stuck pink bloody foam in there! :laugh1:

I made the chin straps reasonably accurate because they're sometimes visible on the outside but the inside is built for comfort rather than accuracy.

Thanks to all for the input, references and tips though. :duim:

Consider this, though: riveting will be more sturdy, accurate AND it's easier than you might think - I did it as well exactly as Mark suggested.

Besides, you can always rip the pink foam out any time. :P

Consider this, though: riveting will be more sturdy, accurate AND it's easier than you might think - I did it as well exactly as Mark suggested.

Besides, you can always rip the pink foam out any time. :P

I like my Hello Kitty helmet liner! :laugh1:

Decals arrived. So that's my order complete and now so is my costume. Before I suit up, here are a few helmet shots. The decals went on really easily. Good quality, perfect fit. Worth the wait!

DSCF1804.jpg

DSCF1806.jpg

DSCF1808.jpg

DSCF1809.jpg

DSCF1811.jpg

DSCF1812.jpg

DSCF1813.jpg

Edited by Rick330