Cast from Original (CfO) - ROTJ Death Star stormtrooper build - Going for the hattrick! [*CFO]

It's cool mate. I just wanted to point them out just in case you was unaware of the differences between them from film to film.

Appreciate it too, mate. Looks like they only really attach to the back too, rather than cupping the pipe from underneath. I might try and recreate something from aluminium strip later.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting close to completing the armour now. Strapping pretty much all in place. Here are a few photos of the strapping system and my initial test fitting. So far so good but I’m going to put my undersuit and boots on for a full fitting today.

DSCF1366.jpg

DSCF1367.jpg

DSCF1368.jpg

DSCF1369.jpg

DSCF1370.jpg

DSCF1371.jpg

DSCF1372.jpg

Edited by Rick330

Looking good mate. You have the perfect build for a ROTJ trooper, no excess baggage! :-)

Cheers, mate. Yeah, I'm pretty lucky when it comes to the stuff with ROTJ lineage. I just throw it together, following the natural lines, and it fits me fine.

The only slight problem is around the ankles. I've had to leave a lot of excess material for the shins to close at the bottom. It works but it's a bit ugly at the moment so I might invest in a modelling iron at some point and reshape them and move the seams.

Looking good!

Why are you looking so sad! Cheer up!

I'll smile in the next photos! :D

Waiting on a few bits of glue to dry ...

Mate...you're already almost finished! Need to come over very soon to celebrate with another Dorada. ;)

Since I am now in your ciudad, that should not be a problem.

Looking very very awesome, your CfO ROTJ. Who would've thunk ROTJ would grow on me like this... now I want one too.

Mate...you're already almost finished! Need to come over very soon to celebrate with another Dorada. ;)

Since I am now in your ciudad, that should not be a problem.

Looking very very awesome, your CfO ROTJ. Who would've thunk ROTJ would grow on me like this... now I want one too.

You're welcome any time, mate. You should get here just in time to help me build the helmet! :smiley-sw013:

Going to have to work on a solution for the bottoms of the shins/calves but other than that, all looking OK.

Just need some biceps ... ahem! :D;)

DSCF1383.jpg

DSCF1387.jpg

And , just for Karin, my best natural smile!

DSCF1386.jpg

Edited by Rick330

Smile my dear boy....smile :D

Looks great so far :duim:

...nevertheless the rotj armor is not my case...but that is a matter of taste

But i unterstand what you want...all three episodes armors. Then i want to see your hobby room :lol:

Ahh mate cant belive i have missed this build you are doing a grand job Rich as always :peace: , there was a time l could not get my head around the ROTJ Stormtrooper , but seeing more of them from CFO its starting to grow on me , what manaquine are you going for ?

Ahh mate cant belive i have missed this build you are doing a grand job Rich as always :peace: , there was a time l could not get my head around the ROTJ Stormtrooper , but seeing more of them from CFO its starting to grow on me , what manaquine are you going for ?

A short one! :laugh1:

No it's mine! :laugh1:

Sorry for the lame gag, yes it's Dan Laws stuff.

Well, I guesd I had that come coming!

Looking very sharp, that's what tipped me off. Only the best for you! :P

Whilst I’m waiting for my missing parts to arrive, I’ve been experimenting with making some lenses.

I have some lenses from CfO in thick green acrylic and they look stunning. The down side is that there is no way I can use them to troop in. I really can’t see a thing.

Coincidentally I just got the bubble lenses which Dan Laws does in black acrylic and those are great to see through. I’ve had a long look at them to try and decide why they are so different and I think the only noticeable difference is the thickness of the base material. It’s much thinner on the Laws lenses. The curvature is just as pronounced and they are similar in size.

Anyone have any experience with these things? Does the thicker material make for more vision problems?

Anyway, I decided to try and fashion my own from green welder’s mask. The material is thinner than the CfO acrylic and I deliberately made my lenses a little flatter. The results are OK. I can see through them reasonably well and have something I can use for trooping.

Mine ...

DSCF1405.jpg

DSCF1406.jpg

DSCF1407.jpg

DSCF1408.jpg

Top: Laws

Middle: Rick330

Bottom: CfO

DSCF1409.jpg

Left: CfO

Middle: Rick330

Right: Laws