Take a look at the ORIGNAL ANH moulds

Guest Bezerkus

There was some debate over at the one of the other forums and I thought that the general feeling was that this was the newer mold for the Battle Spec Helmet which was supposed to be derived from the orginals (Don't want to start another debate). Very interesting photos, thanks for sharing Daniel!

There was some debate over at the one of the other forums and I thought that the general feeling was that this was the newer mold for the Battle Spec Helmet which was supposed to be derived from the orginals (Don't want to start another debate). Very interesting photos, thanks for sharing Daniel!

Yeah, who knows if they are the original molds or not <_< oh, welcome to the FISD Daniel :duim::salute::pint1:

Guest Bezerkus

Looks like AA is having another open house, would be nice if someone else from here (that is in the area) would stop by and take some more pictures and see what they can see, maybe some older molds, skins, etc. or anything else left from the 70's that might just be interesting.

sdsadvert.jpg

Looks like AA is having another open house, would be nice if someone else from here would stop by and take some more pictures and see what they can see, maybe some older molds, skins, etc. or anything else left from the 70's that might just be interesting.

Excellent idea.

That would be a great thread!

Now if everyone would chip in and pay my way (and many expenses), I'd be happy to make the trip myself.... (insert laughter here).

• 1 month later...
This is amazing... They are beautiful pieces.... Cost is the issue ... Thanks for sharing....

I have seen the original sculpt and I can tell you for 10000000000000000% sure, AA is not using nor did he create the stormtrooper helmet. No chance in hell.

T*E

The 17th and 18th are fast approaching and none of you have contributed to the "Send-Kevin-to-London Fund" (grrrrrrrrrr)....

Seriously, would some FISD member go to the Open House, take photos, quiz AA, etc. and post what they saw?

It would be appreciated by me...

I have seen the original sculpt and I can tell you for 10000000000000000% sure, AA is not using nor did he create the stormtrooper helmet. No chance in hell.

T*E

Wha?? You havent seen the original "Sculpt"........ Where did you see them?? If anyone had the original sculpts why did they recast the armor for ROTJ and why would they hold onto the sculpts for almost 30 years if they never used them? :blink:

This SDS issue should be dead in the water by now. SDS is not using the original moulds - He claims they are 1) to get more money for his products and 2) so he can claim "rights" to make castings from them without LFL breathing down his neck.

But LFL did already go after him and sued the pants of off AA- and that is why it's difficult to get SDS stuff here in the States...

Wha?? You havent seen the original "Sculpt"........ Where did you see them?? If anyone had the original sculpts why did they recast the armor for ROTJ and why would they hold onto the sculpts for almost 30 years if they never used them? :blink:

Yes, I have seen the master helmet sculpt. The molds for his suit are a casting from one of the ROTJ suits I made years ago. He is not using ANYTHING from the 1976 original production. No, not even his shoulder pieces as people think they are from left over parts. cant wait for the false advertising lawsuit to begin. That should be a HOOT.

T*E

Guest Bezerkus
Yes, I have seen the master helmet sculpt. The molds for his suit are a casting from one of the ROTJ suits I made years ago. He is not using ANYTHING from the 1976 original production. No, not even his shoulder pieces as people think they are from left over parts. cant wait for the false advertising lawsuit to begin. That should be a HOOT.

T*E

Just on the topic of the armor only, the conversation seemed to drop off on the RPF when it came to the bells and the accuracy. Seemed that most of the other parts were easy to disprove, but the bells ...not so easy. Wish there was some actual proof either way, they look pretty dead on.