Metal ROTJ E11 Blaster greeblies

sskunky

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have just recently acquired a real MGC Sterling for my real ROTJ E11 project.

Some of you may have seen my real Sterling ANH E11.

Anyhoo on to the topic of greeblies. I have searched high and low but to no avail. I am looking for metal scope rail and greeblies for this awesome build project. I know there are resin greeblies out there but as these will be going on a real MGC Sterling I want the real deal metal bits to go on it.

If anyone can help or make these I would love to here from you.

cheers......

I have just seen that you can have items 3d printed in the UK.

they take your design and print it using metal powder and resin.

the metal part is then baked and the resin is replaced under high pressure and heat

with brass.

any metal design can be made, and the prices are cheap too!

the company allows you to upload your design and they finish it up and send it out.

you can even sell your metal designs from the store they have!

www.shapeways.com

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It might help if you post some clear photos of the blaster in question to help ID the parts.

The ROTJ blaster is my favourite and it would be cool to see one built up from found parts. I believe all the parts are real world pieces, so we just need to find them.

This will be a good build :duim:

So would anyone have any 3D drawings of the greeblies?

I'll try and get some pics up when I get home tonight.

Thanks everyone that has chimed in so far.

@Vern, that sight is great. I've stumbled on it before. But I didn't realise they made metal parts from files.

Old thread but you never know :)

http://www.therpf.com/f9/hammers-rotj-blaster-14571/

I saw this a while ago and I thought it was rather promising. I seem to remember that the Walther PPK has a very similar style hammer to the Browning/FN GP35.

The problem with shapeways is the cost; steel is $10 for a cubic centimetre which does not include start up costs. Besides if I remember correctly the hammers are plastic casts and the RO72 scope part is definitely plastic.

Cheers Sam. I nearly bought a RO72 a while ago just for the sight. But couldn't justify the cost at the time..... I heard the hammers were plastic, I hadn't realised the RO72 sight was plastic too....

Whilst building my ROTJ E11 i have been looking at the same parts... Hammers, scope & scope rail, and it seems like they used casts of parts not the originals so if you plan to make it "screen used" mate then casts would be right - of course i could be totally wrong here, it wouldnt be the first time lol.

the whole thing about shapeways is that you can make hollow parts.

they even suggest to lower the cost of parts to make them hollow.

if you compare shapeways with a machineist program the start up cost is very minimal.

I've been looking for the proper location for making items, and it looks like

shapeways is the best so far.

parts could be printed in ABS and coated or painted right from the factory.

I would not hesitate to pay over 100.00 usd for a full set of hollow steel ROTJ parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, just to check the scope was simply a 4x20 cut down to size? And no one knows what model it was yet, right? Moreover, was the adaptor piece on the front of it delrin or machined from something else?

• 3 years later...