2011-07-10155551.jpg

2011-07-10155859.jpg

2011-07-10160442.jpg

2011-07-10160504.jpg

2011-07-10160554.jpg

2011-07-10160643.jpg

2011-07-10161542.jpg

Looking good.

One thing i can see right off is you need to remove the shoulder decal and the sniper knee needs to be glued, not riveted on.

Edited by sith_241

Looking good.

One thing i can see right off is you need to remove the shoulder decal and the sniper knee needs to be glued, not riveted on.

Sorry, I forgot to post that pic of the shoulder bell. As for the sniper plate & ammo belt, they are glued but I didn't want to have empty holes in my armor.

2011-07-10155322.jpg

Some one correct me if I am wrong....I thought the rivets on the ab/kidney plates were on the left side only. On the right was just the male snap at the top of the ab.

In regards to the hole left on the sniper plate, If you have read any helmet building threads and seen the 3M glazing and spot putty used, get some of that, apply it to the holes and just outside them. Wait overnight and then lightly wet sand them with 600 grit and paper until level with the original surface of the sniper plate. Wet sand LIGHTLY intil just the old hole remains. Then get some white paint and lightly dab onto the spot putty. Let dry and repeat if necessary. If you are carefull, even you will not be able to notice. I had to do the same thing. Make sure somewhere you include a pic showing your green lenses on your lid.

NICE ARMOR BROTHER! Good luck on Cernturion!!!!

Some one correct me if I am wrong....I thought the rivets on the ab/kidney plates were on the left side only. On the right was just the male snap at the top of the ab.

In regards to the hole left on the sniper plate, If you have read any helmet building threads and seen the 3M glazing and spot putty used, get some of that, apply it to the holes and just outside them. Wait overnight and then lightly wet sand them with 600 grit and paper until level with the original surface of the sniper plate. Wet sand LIGHTLY intil just the old hole remains. Then get some white paint and lightly dab onto the spot putty. Let dry and repeat if necessary. If you are carefull, even you will not be able to notice. I had to do the same thing. Make sure somewhere you include a pic showing your green lenses on your lid.

NICE ARMOR BROTHER! Good luck on Cernturion!!!!

Here you go. ;)

EIBGreenLenses.jpg

Yeah, rivets should be left side

Also, you need hand painted or hand painted looking helmet details

And, i cant tell if you have the correct S-shaped neck trim.

Ammo belt corners should be cut at 45 degree angles, right side ab-plate rivets removed and filled, sniper knee wholes be filled, S-trim on the helmet, and "hand painted look" on the decals, those you have do not look like hand painted to me.

Did I miss anything else? Either way, good luck and don't rush it! :)

Edited by Locitus

Edited topic title, per submission guidelines.

*Please note that the position # and armor type will only be added after you are approved

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=15369

Edited topic title, per submission guidelines.

*Please note that the position # and armor type will only be added after you are approved

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=15369

Sorry about that. :rolleyes:

great build Alex! and your almost there ;) just a few things that need to be changed

As for the rivets holding the sniper knee plate, the centurion says:

"Ideally there should be no visible rivets or brads used to secure the sniper plate to the left greave." i would like to see it removed and the holes filled, but i will allow it as it is blended to the armor well and is not really noticeable in your full body pics.

this fix is a must, the strap under the arms should not be visible, (that is connecting your chest plate to his back plate), to fix this you can do one of two things:

1. Raise the black straps high enough so they blend into the under suit, so they don't overlap the kidney and ab plate.

Or:

2. Remove them and re-do the strapping so the chest plate connects to his Ab plate and the back plate conecting to the kidney. This doesn't have to be screen accurate, with the metal brackets, just something that will hold the pieces together (velcro or the snaps that are glued to the inside of the parts, then connected by snaps/strapping.

also the rivets on the right side are generally not acceptable. if its possible, remove them and glue or velcro the shim in place. there is currently nothing in the requirements stating one cannot use rivets to hold shims in place, but i would really like to see them removed for Centurion standards.

Rivets.jpg

as for the helmet details. the tears and traps need to be hand painted or optionally decals that resemble hand painted details ( TK 4510's Dave M decals) and S-trim around the neck is required as well.

just a few minor details and other than that, you are very close to getting Centurion. :D keep up the great work your almost there!

Also, like Mathias pointed out, the belt will need to have the ends clipped to 45 degrees. Just be careful not to overtrim, or you'll end up needing a new belt :)

This one is more aesthetic as opposed to Centurion-required, but can you open up the thighs (by adding larger shims in the back) and pull them up some? The right thigh in particular is really low. I would also recommend moving the drop boxes out so that the outer edge of the drop box is lined up with the outer edge of the plastic utility belt.

Also, like Mathias pointed out, the belt will need to have the ends clipped to 45 degrees. Just be careful not to overtrim, or you'll end up needing a new belt :)

This one is more aesthetic as opposed to Centurion-required, but can you open up the thighs (by adding larger shims in the back) and pull them up some? The right thigh in particular is really low. I would also recommend moving the drop boxes out so that the outer edge of the drop box is lined up with the outer edge of the plastic utility belt.

I can't do anything with the thighs due to a motorcycle accident injury, trust me I've tried.

I know that I’m probably going to get shot down here, and Alex please don’t take offence of what I’m about to say,

but can Mason and/or one of the staff please explain how something as fundamental to a Stormtrooper costume

as finishing strips be totally disregarded when it comes to assessing whether or not a suit is up to EIB or Centurion

standards?. :huh:

Alex's EIB Aprroved shots

Evolver79FinishingStrips01.jpg

Alex's Centurion submission

Evolver79FinishingStrips02.jpg

Alex as I said, it is not my intention to upset or offend, but these basic anomalies should have

been picked up by your GML when you first submited your costume for clearence and they are things that

can be fixed pretty easterly with a little bit of work.

:)

Fundamental to ANH/ESB perhaps, but absent on ROTJ and EU unless you consider the raised overlapping portion to be a finishing strip. ;)

My take is that the use of cover strips is more of an assembly technique than an intentionally designed-in feature. The more accurate ANH/ESB kits require it, but the less-accurate kits (of which mine is one) can be adapted to use the technique if the builder so desires. Centurion (and especially Expert Infantry) standards were not meant to address assembly techniques, even if that assembly technique results in some fairly noticeable characteristics.

Still, I agree that - at least in Alex's case - cover strips can be easily applied to enhance the look.

As far as it being picked up by the GML, I'm willing to bet you a pint that most U.S. GMLs - especially in garrisons where stormtroopers make up only a small percentage of the overall membership - wouldn't even notice the difference, especially when you consider the visual CRLs that the GMLs use as a guide don't point out that detail.

Fundamental to ANH/ESB perhaps, but absent on ROTJ and EU unless you consider the raised overlapping portion to be a finishing strip.

:D Hi Brian, I don’t know if you remember me but this is Billy!! toff.gif

Been in the game a while now, have at least 30+ builds under my belt, ohh and I’m Deputy Chief Armourer

of the UK Garrison. My Star sign is Pisces, I like my steak well done, not really keen on Avocado pears though. <_<

Mate, are you truly saying that the finishing strips are only required to ‘enhance the look’. of a set of

ANH / ESB armour submitted for EIB and Centurion?..... just an ‘assembly technique’… Really? :o

So no overlap molding, or finishing strip on parts is perfectly acceptable for the ‘Above standard’ requirements for these two prestigious programs?.

As far as it being picked up by the GML, I'm willing to bet you a pint that most U.S. GMLs - especially in garrisons where stormtroopers make up only a small percentage of the overall membership - wouldn't even notice the difference, especially when you consider the visual CRLs that the GMLs use as a guide don't point out that detail.

I do understand that, and I’d buy you a pint or three anytime mate and I hope you know that :) ….But surely it

should be our job as a Detachment to pick up on these things and help guide troopers in the right direction

ESPECIALLY when it comes to EIB and Centurion?.

I do it every day, week in week out, guiding people to what’s right and wrong regardless of which suit they

have, or how big / small / fat / thin / male / female whatever, Screen accurate or not, you can make a silk purse

out of a sows ear it just takes a little bit more time and effort and nice big dollop of creativity B)

I don’t mean to be confrontational, and my apologies to anyone who feels I’m coming across that way

and if what I have highlighted is acceptable then I am more the wiser for knowing it now

:salute:

Edited by Billhag

I have to say I think the issue here is EIB and Centurion.

No one is criticizing the armour as is but if we are to set standards, achievable standards I might add, that mean we gain EIB or now also Centurion then these standards should reflect the achievement surely.

If, as is my belief, that centurion is supposed to represent screen accuracy then it should do just that or why bother? Using the CRL etc to justify something that is wrong does not make it less wrong. If you are suggesting that finishing strips are only for ESB and ANH therefore it is acceptable for ROTJ suits not to have them then by your logic this suit should also have trim, bubble lenses, no split backplate, different ab buttons, different andplates etc.

What we need is continuity and a willingness to say no. Be prepared to be honest and tell someone that their armour is great but is not yet up to the standard they are striving for. Then help the trooper get there armour up to those required standards. I, like many others, worked hard and jumped through hoops in order to achieve Elite/EIB and there are many who no longer frequent this board as they feel the standard has been dropped in order to increase numbers.

Me I would rather have fewer EIB but have the standards be the best possible- isn't that troopers helping troopers? It takes a real friend to tell you the truth.

I appreciate everyone's feed back, thank you. But, please only post things that will help me achieve Centurion. I would like to achieve this prestigious level, but didn't plan on this thread going the way it has. So I will busy modding my armor. Thanx! :D

Alex I apologise if this has gone off topic, I wish you nothing but success with your application and would be happy to help with any advice I can.

I am sure you will reach the standard you desire in no time with the help of everyone here. Keep at it buddy.

Alex I apologise if this has gone off topic, I wish you nothing but success with your application and would be happy to help with any advice I can.

I am sure you will reach the standard you desire in no time with the help of everyone here. Keep at it buddy.

Thank you, I may take you up on your offer some time!!

I'm late to this thread and reading through it and some PM's - give me a bit and let me see if I can straighten in all out.

At the end of the day - we're all on the same side after all. :)

Thats right Paul we are all on the same side troopers helping troopers , but when setting high standards as for Centurion status i find it dishartning when in some cases these must haves are not being met , because i was on the understanding that Centurion status was to be as seen on screen nothing more nothing less , i am proud of my EIB status that i accived here on the FISD , i would just like to see the standards for Centurion being maitained as it has been for EIB status , sorry if you think iam comming over to anal, but imho thats my belives and thats why i love this hobby to recreate the perfect stormtrooper that we grown to love on that big screen ;) .

Sorry to go of topic ,

Alex you are doing a slended job so far love the armour mate but dont hesitate for any advice as Gary mentioned , Billy and Gary certenly helped me out when i first got in to the hobby , like i say troopers helping troopers B)

Edited by SW1

Gentlemen - I'd ask to keep this thread on topic and we can have a finishing strips for EI/Centurion discussion in the detachment only area where it would it is proper to have those conversations.

• 3 weeks later...