I see a trend...

Runnriottt

and I for one like it. B)

In the last few years the way we talk troopers is totally different. 180 out from that time.

When i got in to props 5 years back, it was just cool to be a trooper. Now we talk about accurate this, original that, modify over here, build this way for this look...

Awesome information not held by a few, but the majority of posters on the boards. While I see a few "Old Timers"( ;) ) still offering up, the guard has changed and the accuracy bug is everywhere. What was hard to get a few years back is now obtainable. The secrets that a few held is now common knowledge. A far more informed mass of TKs and TKs in training abound.

At least here.

Kudos. Information is key and I am glad the FISD is still so active in keeping up with what is out there.

Edited by Runnriottt

Spot on man! The in-depth threads and detailed forums make it easy for everyone to attain the look they want, especially the newbies like myself. The FISD is really the greatest TK site anywhere. For all the members before me, thank you so much for spreading your knowledge and tips. You guys are the best!

I signed up to this site two years ago when I was building my first set of armor. I never really gave it too much thought and just skimmed what I needed to. Now that I'm building two accurate suits of armor, this site has been a blessing. We've also got around 7 or 8 prospective TK newbs joining our garrison, so to be able to point them in the right direction regarding armor is awesome as well.

I tk.gif the FISD.

Edited by bobojuice

Yep, it's great to see the progression of TKs all over and the knowledge sharing that goes on :)

TKs have slowly got better over the years, and that's great!!

I'm hoping to see the same attitude happen to Snowtroopers but it's taking it's time.

Personally, if I can help someone I will. Much better sense of pride than keeping it to yourself.

I had a break from it all for a while and it's nice to be able to pop your head in and go 'ooooh, I didn't know that. Many thanks' lol

Good site :)

When I joined up here ( 4 and a half years ago), it cost me $1200 to get an FX suit to Australia. A year later, it cost me $1500 for a TE2. Now I can get an ATA for about $600. EIB, straight out of the box :)

There is so much info here, and a bunch of folk who are happy to help you out.

I like it :)

Edit: 4 and a half years ago, I was the first person in my state to get a bucket that wasn't an FX. Now we only have one FX in the Garrison.

Edited by davej

Edit: 4 and a half years ago, I was the first person in my state to get a bucket that wasn't an FX. Now we only have one FX in the Garrison.

Wow to cool. I just started this year and still in the building process. I am glad there is helpful people on here. I had my TK about 85-90% completed and then revamped everything from shimming to more trimming and better strapping all thanks to the help I got from here. Heck I never even thought I would own much more than the hasbro that I bought without the doopy doos but now have a scratch built pipe blaster.Now I just need Karins hand garuds and a better than my FX bucket but even thats built to the fullest that I could have made an FX lol. I even find myself lending information that I have came accross and experienced to newer member. Thanks all :peace:

My FX Helmet lol

In 2005 I looked like this, as did my entire garrision:

DSC02374.jpg

Fast forward 6 years...

KMP__0585.jpg

I think there's only one FX bucket left in my garrsion as well. Heck, there are not many FX suits left in my garrison come to that.

I'm happy to say that with the help of our XO for my squad we're at just 1 FX bucket left that's being replaced.

Honestly we couldn't do it without ATA's help. His armor has really made having an accurate suit accessible to more people.

FWIW helmet aside it's not really so much the kit as what people do with it. I've seen well put together AM or RT suits that look better than some TE derived ones. I'd rather see a group of TK's that took their FX/AM to Centurion level that a group wearing TE derived with bad strapping, incorrect details, etc.