Chelsea boots brand used in the films?

Yeah. Info based on this rotj pic with lots of shoe boxes.

You mean this pic, which i got from Alan Flying?

rotjstormtrooperboots.jpg

Alan told me that in this boxes where stands Roots, are the Stormtrooper boots for RotJ.

But till yet , i have not found this boots.

Edited by Turrican

I have to question the find that Paul did....I have looked at a screen cap of the movie where Han lays back in the control room where they are discussing wheat to do after Ben leaves and you can see clear as day that his boots ( at least his) have a very distinct sole pattern. Armed with that pattern image i went to ebay and found some close calls but never the real deal... the closest that came up was some loakes mitchum as i looked for leather soles...and the loakes did not even have a pattern at the bottom...

Ok if we rely on the 1095 number then you can get a match for that but (correct me if i am wrong) but the number may have matched but the sole did not.... maybe my memory is bad on this...but some stuff did match and some did not...

i know this is gonna stir some other debate but until we know the brand for sure and have an identical match with proof, any chelsea shoes could be called a star wars stormtrooper boot if you ask me...

let the rumble begin....

p.s if i am wrong ill eat my words and my helmet ahahahahahah

original thread...

original trooper boots found

Edited by LittleOne

Than begin to eat....lol just kidding.

Listen to that what Paul has said, the boots are no longer made and it's nearly impossible to find them.

It would help nothing if you would know the brand, cause you no longer can find them.

For to build a close to screen costume i would go for some Jones chelsea boots, they are realy close.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jones-black-Chelsea-Boots-size-9-/180680446040?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2a1164d058

I have already said that it would be impossible to say 100% that each and every pair of Stormtrooper boots were the exact same brand. Han's boots look exactly the same as mine. The elastic shape and location on the ankle is very distinctive and unique to this particular brand of Chelsea boot.

As Stefan stated, the brand of boot is no longer in production (as far as I am aware) and every search I do comes up blank. There is no internet recognition of these boots. I have owned four pairs of these boots and I cannot find anywhere to buy them on the internet apart from ebay. You might be lucky enough to find a pair at a jumble sale or a charity shop over here in the UK, but I doubt you will find them anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probly neither hear nor there,

But many years ago like 17 years (I remember because it was the year I had my first pair of Doc martins)

Some one on TV , now I cant remember who (but I have a fealling it was on "Hey hey its Saturday") but the were talking about working on films and making props, and this person said for sstar wars we just got doc martins and painted them white ,

Itr always stayed with me because I was a fan of both SW and Docs ,

probly nothing but it did happen

Edited by BGHUNTER

I dont ever remember Doc Martens making Chelsea boots ..especially not back then . Back in the 70s there was only one or two styles of Marten soled boots , much loved first by the Skinheads in 72 and then by the Punks in 77 , Chelsea boots weren`t really a fashion item in 77, They were made for Riding and out-of-fashion wear in 77 .

Like I said it was I have nothing more than a comment on TV, and the more I think about it, its possible that someone could say Doc martins as a generalisation of leather boot ,,

So dont take it as any thing more than that

Jaymz

No way mate, not in a million years.

This is what DM's looked like for that timeframe and as Rob said they didn't make that many styles

but every boot / shoe that they did produce back then had their distinctive trade mark 'Air-Wear' sole.

which is nothing like the originals

Dr_martens_boots.jpg?format=jpg

:)

Maybe he has trying to appear 'cool' by mentioning something he thought would give him street cred :)

We all know DMs are famous for the 'holers' quote

12 holer

18 holer

No way were DMs used.

Sadly, people here do know what was used, but just won't (or even more baffling 'can't'??????) share it. How would they ever have got to the knowledge levels they currently have if we were all like that :)

i found this... another shot at it....

vintage 1980's Chelsea boots

a lot of similarities with what Paul has posted someplace else...ok the elastic is not the same exact way...but the sole is almost identical as to what Paul posted and elastic is same pattern and sowing is almost the same style too...

anyways... manufacturer... regency UK so it could make sense...

Edited by LittleOne

stitching line at bottom of elastic to sole is in wrong place compared to pauls

I know that Rob,it says in the post "1980's Chelsea boots" so they can't clearly match. What i meant to say ( to clarify) is that this "might" be a manufacturer that made Chelsea boots in the 1970's also thus maybe made the boot for the movie. If that company by such name ever existed to begin with,so far that name did not turn up anything for me...

Brendan

Wrong make, wrong shape mate

As Obi-Wan might have said , these are not the boots you are looking for :)

...but these are B)

LFLboots.jpg

:)