Odd Blaster ID

Not sure if this is old news to everyone else but looking through some promo shots a blaster stuck out to me. Now I'm a big fan of the SE-14R and have built a few myself, but this is something totally different. Anyone got an idea what we are looking at here? also check out those sandy kneeplates!

poster_enhanced02.thumb.webp.e807f1eb3cdd12735927fddd55eec6fe.webp

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

If you look at his buddy to our left he's still missing his ab button plate too and his bicep is eating his shoulder. I imagine this was taken sometime after filming in Tunisia jusdging by the dirty armor. The blaster to our right is quite block like and a flash hider is viewable so that may mean it still has its barrel unlike the Rexim Favor's so I'm thinking this is based off of some smg. It also appears to have a wire similar if not identical to the one used on the Power Five if I recall correctly.

Here's a quick examination I did. Anyone else spot anything?

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 5/19/2011 at 7:32 PM, bjsavage7 said:

I think I've seen this pic somewhere before. Can't remember though. That blaster looks like its made out of Legos! :D

Not sure about that, I ran a direct comparison with my sons Lego blaster collection, and I think they have far too much detail for that:

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13

I second what Paul says, I remember reading about this before and I think it was pretty conclusive at that time that it was from some Japanese gun, which Paul perfectly demonstrates.

I think Paul nailed it with that.

This link is pretty good, and details a few world wide smg type armaments.

If you look under Japan there are a few variants of this type 96 which all look very similar.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13