dsc00912o.jpg

dsc00917r.jpg

dsc00950i.jpg

dsc00948ty.jpg

Here's my action photo (link - Gigantic Hi-resolution image):

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3329/tkbignogb.png

I think that should cover it,

Edited by Locitus

Very Nice! I really like how you weathered the armor, little scuffs here and there. Really cool screen accurate look B) Do you have the elastic straps in your calves or do they free float clam shell?

Beautiful rig!

I really like the weathering job you did on the TKBoots - not too much, not too little. :duim:

That is all natural weathering from not being to careful while wearing them. Also, I don't bring any normal shoes to troops, so I arrive, and leave, with TK boots on. :)

Very Nice! I really like how you weathered the armor, little scuffs here and there. Really cool screen accurate look B) Do you have the elastic straps in your calves or do they free float clam shell?

Thanks!

The calves are clam shell with "kind of" original strapping. Here's a pic of that.

dsc00918u.jpg

Awesome armour set up - you can not get bored of looking at TM armour :o

Thanks a lot mate! Wouldn't be the same without your aid!

very nice build ;) the armor looks fantastic! my only concern is the blaster, it is missing one crucial detail.. the charging handle (or cocking lever) seems to be missing.

weaponeer08-11-10034_2258_thumb.jpg

it is a small detail i know but it really should be present

it is a detail that is readily seen on all ANH blasters that i have seen, and would be a necessity for the blank firing props

m19_scope.jpg

page_7.jpg

it doesn't need to be perfect but it should be present.

I'll try to add that. But I'd like to see a formal vote/veto on the matter.

My personal opinion is that it should be included. But then it REALLY needs to be written in the standards.

you can get a real charging handle from apex gun parts in colorado.

or you can get a resin one.

I believe that I could send you a resin one, as I have some extras from making blasters that don't have them.

(ESB london prop store, and ESB greeblie Stunt don't have charging handles!)

great build!

A resin one would be fine. Not sure how I'd make it sit securely though. I've seen others use a nail with a cut off head. They go all the way to the back of the tube, but a resin handle can't do that. So, as I said, not sure how to make it sit securely. Would love to try though!

the BBC templates have the cocking lever details. but it doesn't need to be an exact replica. like you said a nail with the head cut off (i would round it off for safety) or a metal,wood or plastic rod. as long as it is there.

i would have let is go for EI but for centurion i think all the major external details should be present as seen on a sterling

for example

trigger

trigger guard

front and rear sights

bayonet lug

end cap

barrel tip

back cap latch

cocking handle

all of these details fall into the same category so if i let one slide i have to let them all slide.

I'm gonna buy some synthetic clay today and try to sculpt something. Hopefully it doesn't look like crap. But most likely it will. :)

I won't clog up Mathias' thread too much more I promise.

But I don't understand your standards being so high on the blaster but not insisting on leather boots for example?

It's clearly a great looking blaster and the armour ticks all the boxes - I would have thought this an easy pass.

the BBC templates have the cocking lever details. but it doesn't need to be an exact replica. like you said a nail with the head cut off (i would round it off for safety) or a metal,wood or plastic rod. as long as it is there.

i would have let is go for EI but for centurion i think all the major external details should be present as seen on a sterling

for example

trigger

trigger guard

front and rear sights

bayonet lug

end cap

barrel tip

back cap latch

cocking handle

all of these details fall into the same category so if i let one slide i have to let them all slide.

I think the Centurion program is going to evolve over time to include more details. But thats going to take polls and concensus and discussion first. As the requirments stand right now I believe Mathias has covered everything required. Nowhere does it state a cocking lever is a must have. Its certainly something worth adding in the requirments as a Should have at least. But right now its not clear.

And Im sure knowing Mathias he will strive to get everything as accurate as possible. His work is top notch and Im sure hell add that detail. But for Centurion requirments as required right now hes a pass. :pint1:

Its also important for the program that troopers DO point out inaccuracies so that we can identify them for discussion in the hope that we continually improve our standards. :salute:

Thanks for the support guys. I'm sure that the centurion program will evolve and some details will be added and removed as we go. These things like the cocking handle will always arise when there is no previous example to follow.

Here's my new cocking handle sculpted in fimo/synthetic clay.

dsc00979q.jpg

dsc00982z.jpg

dsc00983ei.jpg

Edited by Locitus

fantastic! i realize it may seem a small detail to some, to me it really adds to the illusion of functionality. great work Mathias, an kudos for being the first approved centurion!!! :salute:

congratulations!!! :peace: