What can you do inside your helmets?

you can do anything you like on the inside of your helmet.. except perhaps smoking during events :P

2706730869_7cf8b75ec0.jpg?v=0

i used truck bed liner and pads from a hokey helmet

HZq83JO.jpg

The possibilities are wide-reaching, and as varied as the individual wearer. One member actually has a hidden camera mounted in his helmet.

Not in the least. As was said, it's the external appearance that the 501st is concerned about. What you use inside your helmet (or armor, for that matter) is totally up to you.

as stated anything inside the helmet or armor is all up to the wearer. in fact, at times it seams that it's encouraged to find new ways to modify those details. some people have drinking water compartments, some hidden cameras or like me, a camera holster in my thigh. fans inside the helmet are popular enough and especially mic systems. get creative, just so long as it looks accurate from the outside, you're golden. :)

i've heard of a guy who has a cooling system built all through his armor and can stay cooled no matter what while trooping. but that sounds almost like an urban legend to me. haha

On 4/3/2011 at 4:36 AM, tkrestonva said:

The possibilities are wide-reaching, and as varied as the individual wearer. One member actually has a hidden camera mounted in his helmet.

That would be me. I put a camera, mic, and fans in my AP helmet. Good thing I'm a pinhead!

D633Lqz.jpg

ZqoT1jn.jpg

On 4/3/2011 at 7:19 AM, bluehickey said:

That hidden camera thing is just creepy. :blink::unsure:

As long as the event host says yes! Anyway, I keep my videos unlisted only for 501st and family viewing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2011 at 3:21 AM, dashrazor said:

you can do anything you like on the inside of your helmet.. except perhaps smoking during events :P

2706730869_7cf8b75ec0.jpg?v=0

i used truck bed liner and pads from a hokey helmet

Where did you find that hockey helmet padding?

• 2 months later...
On 4/3/2011 at 10:29 AM, TrooperTim said:

That would be me. I put a camera, mic, and fans in my AP helmet. Good thing I'm a pinhead!

As long as the event host says yes! Anyway, I keep my videos unlisted only for 501st and family viewing.

Geez Tim, how do you fit your head in that bucket with the camera?

Geez Tim, how do you fit your head in that bucket with the camera?

It magically happens. Slow to put on and take off that's for sure. :blink: Might be able to make a video of the process. Hmm.