Armour Size

OK Not to open a can of worms here. I am looking for some thoughts on SIZE and SIZE only.

I am getting ready to order armour set. What I am looking for and have narrowed the search down to is 2 different sets. Price is close to the same on the sets, material is also the same what I am wondering is for a guy 5 foot 11 inch and 190 lb, what would be the best size wise, AP or RT-MOD ?

Now I don't want debate on the accuracy or all that I am looking on veiws for comfort ( as comfortable as armour can be. LOL< kind of like military intelegence. hehe)

Thanks

Mike

I would choose "either" suites... they are both very good quality ABS, Plus, I am 5-11" and 185 and I am doing an AP kit...I hope this helps :salute:

B

6'3" 190lbs here.

AP suits

A little bit of black around joints but the overall fit is pretty good! I love it!

See my gallery for pictures

I think the RT-Mod kit might fit a little better on a bigger frame though .. correct me if I'm wrong!

Either. I'm an inch taller and my TE2 - which is comparable to the AP - fits just fine. I think between the two it really comes down to trimming/fit, not the base armor.

Heck I have some leg parts in RT, TE2, and FX. Overall dimensions are *very* similar, but what makes them fit differently is the contour of the part and how it's trimmed.

Take a look at the pix of each suit and choose what's most aesthetically pleasing, that's my advice.

As for "big", let's not forget CMANavy who at 6'4" and 265lbs got a set of TE armor to fit him. Here is a pix of him in it in sandtrooper configuration.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Daetrin said:

Either. I'm an inch taller and my TE2 - which is comparable to the AP - fits just fine. I think between the two it really comes down to trimming/fit, not the base armor.

Heck I have some leg parts in RT, TE2, and FX. Overall dimensions are *very* similar, but what makes them fit differently is the contour of the part and how it's trimmed.

Take a look at the pix of each suit and choose what's most aesthetically pleasing, that's my advice.

As for "big", let's not forget CMANavy who at 6'4" and 265lbs got a set of TE armor to fit him. Here is a pix of him in it in sandtrooper configuration------------

Ah, good old Joe! :pint1:

Edited by gmrhodes13

Bacta-back-Bacharach said:
That's what they call a Blackguard.

No such thing as too big for a stormtrooper. :D

HOLY CRAP!! "Blackguards" huh? I had no Idea giant troopers had their own name!! Does it mention anywhere where they got the giant armor? ..cause I need some! I think we need a Blackguard detachment!

Edited by gmrhodes13

Apollo said:
he's even more imposing as a clone

Yeah, he is the most COMMANDING shock trooper I have ever had the pleasure to troop with :D

w72iSHK.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

RBJ said:
HOLY CRAP!! "Blackguards" huh? I had no Idea giant troopers had their own name!! Does it mention anywhere where they got the giant armor? ..cause I need some! I think we need a Blackguard detachment!

The blackguard are one of the new trooper variants recently brought up for discussion on the spec ops detachment site-----------------

Look in the cantina forum under new costume categories. Anyone interested in doing non-canon trooper variants should go check out that site.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Wow!!! that looks awesome, never thought of a 6´4" Trooer!!!!

lol... Joey, how about a 6'6" trooper?!? I am almost 2 meters tall and am proud to wear the white armor! At both C-IV and CE I was the tallest trooper! I need to be careful when I troop to not stand to close to really short troopers (or a short Vader... :o ),

but I always troop with pride! :trooper::salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm also in the market for armor but I'm only 5'8" tall and about 160lbs. Are there any sets you would steer me away from that would be too tall for me? My big fear is that I would end up looking like I'm wearing my big brothers clothes. I like the price on the FX. I'm more concerned about a good fit vs being perfectly movie accurate. From what I've read, the suits in the movies certainly varied a lot in the small details. I'm also concerned that the helmet might be too big for me, if that's possible? I find a lot of baseball caps too big. I figure if you have to look left or right and the helmet does not pivot with your head that would be a bit of a problem. I'm also not a great crafts man so if the armor is really complicated to put together that would be an issue for me. Thanks for any advice.

Hi Guys,

I'm also in the market for armor but I'm only 5'8" tall and about 160lbs. Are there any sets you would steer me away from that would be too tall for me? My big fear is that I would end up looking like I'm wearing my big brothers clothes. I like the price on the FX. I'm more concerned about a good fit vs being perfectly movie accurate. From what I've read, the suits in the movies certainly varied a lot in the small details. I'm also concerned that the helmet might be too big for me, if that's possible? I find a lot of baseball caps too big. I figure if you have to look left or right and the helmet does not pivot with your head that would be a bit of a problem. I'm also not a great crafts man so if the armor is really complicated to put together that would be an issue for me. Thanks for any advice.

I'm think'n "AP" :unsure: this is the going price...

[EDIT: I shouldn't link to auctions that are not my own.]

Hi Guys,

Well my friend, you're exactly the right frame for any screen accurate armor.

Even though you're not into screen accuracy, I'd definitely go for AP (Canada), RT(Canada) or TM (if you're in UK). The FX might actually look bubble head on you since you're not so tall.

As for the helmet floating around, you will find a lot of threads here to fix this. In most case, although not screen accurate, people tends to go the hard hat liner way to have a good solid fit. With my AP, I have black foam that I manually placed where I needed it since the helmet is much smaller. Still fits really well on my head.

To be able to build the armor, you certainly need more patience and time then talent, sure it helps, but I've never heard of someone completely messing up his armor from a lack of craftsmanship.

Take your time, read a lot our threads and choose your armor wisely :)

Well my friend, you're exactly the right frame for any screen accurate armor.

Even though you're not into screen accuracy, I'd definitely go for AP (Canada), RT(Canada) or TM (if you're in UK). The FX might actually look bubble head on you since you're not so tall.

As for the helmet floating around, you will find a lot of threads here to fix this. In most case, although not screen accurate, people tends to go the hard hat liner way to have a good solid fit. With my AP, I have black foam that I manually placed where I needed it since the helmet is much smaller. Still fits really well on my head.

To be able to build the armor, you certainly need more patience and time then talent, sure it helps, but I've never heard of someone completely messing up his armor from a lack of craftsmanship.

Take your time, read a lot our threads and choose your armor wisely :)

But, which would you think would be the easiest to assemble? :unsure:

But, which would you think would be the easiest to assemble? :unsure:

Well, AP comes untrimmed and unassembled. FX is already trimmed, so is RT and TM if I remember correctly.

Unless you are in the UK, scratch TM from his list as he's looking for a cheaper solution ..

That leaves RT, AP and FX.

Last time I asked RT his price, I think it was 725$USD + shipping, AP is around 850$, FX can go as low as 500$.

In order for this guy, considering size and $$, I'd go:

RT altough bigger fit then AP, less $$$, already trimmed

AP smaller fit, more $$$ but a more screen accurate

FX cheap, trimmed, big head (which is one of his no-no argument)

In any case, you gotta assemble, but for me, trimming and assembling was just like a giant model kit, gotta love it!

Well, AP comes untrimmed and unassembled. FX is already trimmed, so is RT and TM if I remember correctly.

Unless you are in the UK, scratch TM from his list as he's looking for a cheaper solution ..

That leaves RT, AP and FX.

Last time I asked RT his price, I think it was 725$USD + shipping, AP is around 850$, FX can go as low as 500$.

In order for this guy, considering size and $$, I'd go:

RT altough bigger fit then AP, less $$$, already trimmed

AP smaller fit, more $$$ but a more screen accurate

FX cheap, trimmed, big head (which is one of his no-no argument)

In any case, you gotta assemble, but for me, trimming and assembling was just like a giant model kit, gotta love it!

Then I'm thinkin an RT

Then I'm thinkin an RT

Definitely. FX only really looks good/proportional on people over 6' tall. RT is top notch quality and is sculpted to be put together easily.

I have a FX armour all I need is a AP bucket, who do you recomend as a good source

Not meaning to be a smart an impolite person but buying directly from AP would be a good source.