advanced ROTJ weaponry (E-11 blaster)

The ROTJ E-11 blaster prop was built from a MGC L2A3 sub-machine gun replica. in this advanced weaponry section i will provide references and cover the details that set the ROTJ E-11 apart from the ANH/ESB versions.

ROTJ E-11 blaster rifle

23829214045b3294d710o.jpg

the main features the separate the ROTJ E-11 from props seen in the other films is the lack of Hengstler box and cylinders and wires on the magazine housing.the ROTJ blasters also have different U shaped T-tracks. there is also a solid scope rail, a door catch and 2 hammer greeblies. the front muzzle of the blaster is also flat unlike ANH/ESB style blasters

The ROTJ E-11 was built on a MGC L2A3 replica i will provide references for the base first

MGC sterling parts breakdown

MKV-exd-early-01.jpg

video of blank firing MGC replica (must see ;) )

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/fisd1/ROTJ%20blaster/?action=view&current=e-11ROTJ.mp4

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Open question for all ...

Is there any evidence of blasters used for ROTJ which did not have the elongated barrel hole sealed?

The MGC base still has the open hole with visible spring and cocking lever but all the blasters I can see in screen caps look like they had the hole sealed up, like this ...

norm-4c62ec14b8362-Star+Wars%3A+Return+Of+The+Jedi+(1983).jpeg

I just ask because the replica I've had made has an open hole and cocking lever. At the moment I'm leaning towards closing up the hole with a section of PVC pipe. :blush:

Edited by Rick330

That's my blaster :D

I've seen a promo shot of a ROTJ trooper, and it's hard to tell if there was an open hole with spring visible and stuff, but there was no cocking lever.

The problem is just that I don't own the book, so it's hard to show the pic ! i'll look for it.

BTW dashrazor's pic is showing a MGC which IMO isn't open with the spring and stuff.

Edit : For example an ILM SE (cast from MGCs) : http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

@ Mathias : I think that the MGC used in ROTJ were real ones. At least we've seen some close up pics of original ROTJ E11s (magic of myth's one for example) which were actual MGC Sterlings.

Edited by moonwalker

Some might be and some might not be (stunt vs hero props). We know they used castings in ESB, and they needed even more guns for ROTJ so it makes sense to make castings instead of leasing or buying all real MGCs. But I have no proof just a feeling. :)

Edited by Locitus

Casts schmasts ... :D

Stay on target, chaps!

Anybody have any evidence of screen-used ROTJ blasters which had an open hole and cocking lever?

Or were did they all have a sealed hole and no cocking lever?

• 1 year later...

ah man, I need to find a good path to a reasonable RTOJ E-11 so I can work up the $$ to get one of your beautiful CFO kits for the OT EiB Trifecta!

Slave five might have one left. I can't remember if he sold the last one, but I got one of his last ones to be made & it rocks!

Slave five might have one left. I can't remember if he sold the last one, but I got one of his last ones to be made & it rocks!

Might be, but he doesn't ship to Canada.

I think his thread mentioned he sold the last one and the molds are dead... and yeah, no shipping to Canada, but I could have had it shipped to my family in California and found a way to get it here... but at the time, I was busy researching other stuff and it was not until last night that I cam to fully realize that perhaps what I need is another Stormie...anywho, sorry to hijack the thread. we now return you to your regularly scheduled awesomeness that is the MGC

pew pew

ah man, I need to find a good path to a reasonable RTOJ E-11 so I can work up the $$ to get one of your beautiful CFO kits for the OT EiB Trifecta!

Hmmm, blaster master!

Vern, you seek Vern!

But you may have to wait a little while

He's working on it, I believe

The ROTJ replica is in my hands.

the main problem? making the perfect scope, rail and greeblies

sure, I have tango' d fett's versions of everything, but I need a machinist prop replicator to stand up and be counted in for a project to

do the following

SCOPE RAIL AND SCOPE in aluminum.

greeblies in aluminum.

C track

D rings

those are the parts needed.

PM me

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...