Where to buy plastic for cover strips

Hello everyone,

Before I go out searching, where have some of you bought actual plastic sheets for cover strips? I have a For Sale sign, but its very thin and would like something thicker. We have a lowes, wal-mart, Michaels craft store, and that is about all I could think of around here that would have such a thing.

Thanks

On 3/1/2011 at 1:20 AM, Quebectrooper said:

sOME HARDWARE STORES .

I had a tough time finding ABS in the States, at least at hardware stores. Seems like all the cool plastic comes from Canada, honestly. I was able to find smooth white ABS .040 and .060 with a haircell back. When I asked at hardware stores, they said ABS was a fire hazard. A lot of times if you can find smooth surface, it's black or gray.

Shooter used to sell sheets, but looks like he's out. His thread says to PM him if you are interested:

-----

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to assume that you are in the States, Wiggleplum. Also, you could maybe contact your armor maker for ABS for strips.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Hello everyone,

Before I go out searching, where have some of you bought actual plastic sheets for cover strips? I have a For Sale sign, but its very thin and would like something thicker. We have a lowes, wal-mart, Michaels craft store, and that is about all I could think of around here that would have such a thing.

Thanks

Have you checked with the seller of the armor kit?

Thanks for the replies everyone, I guess I don't have to have the thicker stuff since its so hard to find. I'm trying to do the backs of my thighs with some of those V shaped cover strips, I guess the For Sale sign should work if I also put one inside, shouldn't it?

Thanks again

if you're in need of something and what shooter was selling (ABS sheets 7X10) will work, PM me. i've got an extra one or two laying around with your name on it if you'd like. :D

On 3/1/2011 at 4:04 AM, Wiggleplum said:

Instead of shims, is it acceptable to just have wide cover strips on the back? I think the cover strip would look better, but idk

Something like this...I found it here on the forums a moment ago:

Uploaded with ----

I wouldn't need one that wide though.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I'm trying to do the backs of my thighs with some of those V shaped cover strips, I guess the For Sale sign should work if I also put one inside, shouldn't it?

Thanks again

Too thin ! :blink:

Edited by Quebectrooper