ANH TM 1mm with screen accurate strapping

Dennis: ignore me mate

I think I can see it with you now. Damn iPhone

Ive seen a pic of a torso with a clear male popper stud inside on the chest shoulder, on the elastic, thought you didn't have one, but you do

Sorry just didn't see it first time

Edited by john danter

Dennis: ignore me mate

I think I can see it with you now. Damn iPhone

Ive seen a pic of a torso with a clear male popper stud inside on the chest shoulder, on the elastic, thought you didn't have one, but you do

Sorry just didn't see it first time

No problem, John.

Seems some ANH suits had the snaps on the shoulder bridges, some did not. I installed them on my suit for easier access. ;)

Thanks, guys!

Here's a couple more pics after some light weathering.

5500066510_8586fc6385_b.jpg

5500082134_ed8a8298c1_b.jpg

5500076074_9f5679bcf3_b.jpg

5500069732_aae310308f_b.jpg

5499477083_e24e27a963_b.jpg

The helmet is not TM, it's a CAP-West with some serious paint chipping showing HDPE (colour) underneath.

Looking very nice there Dennis :duim:

I like how you have a nice taper to the shins and the belt is in the correct position now. The canvas belt doesn't want to sit just above the butt/kidney joint as most people try to do, but slightly higher as yours is now.

Good job!

Really nice mate. How do you find the 1mm ABS? I found 1mm HIPS to be a little too flimsy for me, I assume the ABS is more sturdy?

Joe

Thanks, mate! :)

The 1mm ABS is really, really sturdy and flexible. My previous PT suit was 1.5mm acrylic capped HIPS and was very, very prone to cracking unfortunately. Has to do with the hyper-glossy acrylic layer on top of the HIPS, I was told, and that seems like the problem indeed. While the PT was also kinda flexy, I had to reinforce all return edges for trooping in the end.

I am sure I will never really hav to do such thing with this 1mm ABS TM, you can reeeaaally flex the hell out of this baby and don't have to worry about it cracking easily.

While I still wouldn't risk any high falls or tumbling down a rocky mountain side in it, I think this is excellent for trooping - especially with the screen accurate strapping inside.

You can see some of the subtle chest plate flex in the "hunchback aiming his gun" pose in the avove pics. ;)

Looking very nice there Dennis :duim:

I like how you have a nice taper to the shins and the belt is in the correct position now. The canvas belt doesn't want to sit just above the butt/kidney joint as most people try to do, but slightly higher as yours is now.

Good job!

It's a good thing you pointed some of these details out to me, Paul.

Centered the snaps on the canvas belt, removed the rivets from and added screws to the deto canister, added rivets instead of snaps for the holster/belt attachment. Always striving for improvements!

I'm also really happy now with the chest strapping mod you suggested, not seen in the pics above - will take a photo of that soon as well.

I dunno, I'm just not getting it. I think you need to send it to:

Paul Hoeffer

xxxx xx Ave SE

asersad iaadsfsfd, WA asdfs

United States

Only way I can really see what you're talking about, methinks.

j/k - AWESOME! You make me wish I was shorter!

You tellin' me the parcels have not yet arrived? Major screw-up from USPS, that's all I can think of...

j/k - AWESOME! You make me wish I was shorter!

How tall are you?

I'm 6″0 and the TM armor seems to fit me quite well, while in no way ideally.

What do you mean ideally?

I mean that my body type is far from what would be ideal for the on-screen stormtrooper look.

I'm too tall and too braod in chest, shoulders, hips, thighs... ;)

Working on it still, but I won't come close to the 70's stunt guys/extras, only if I were to stop eating from now on - will never happen! :D

• 1 month later...

Dennis awesome armor! Nice work! I hope see you in legoland again ;-) greez from swiss