Which Armor for ROTJ

tmcp51d

After looking at lots of info on the forums I'm thinking of a ROTJ build. Is the armor the same...IE I used Troopmaster AM for my ANH build... so can I use the same for the ROTJ build with the appropriate changes? Or must I use a "ROTJ" armor for the build? From what I see they look the same except for the "Trim" around the chest etc.and the AB button plate.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

TMC

Hey Tom,

You might want to check with JoeR and sskunky to see if they have any ROTJ armor ready. The ROTJ armor is not exactly the same as ANH and ESB, but you can take about any of the kits and mod them into ROTJ armor. But first see if CFO has any, it would be easier in the long run.

any acceptable armor/helmet combination will work as long as you follow the crl.. if your planning to go EIB you'll have to butt-join the butt/kidney plates so they are one piece on a non ROTJ style kit.. i am doing that now on an ATA kit for a EU build..

Also with the AP kit, the Butt and kidney are one piece(like the ROTJ). This would make it easier, if you wanted to mod it into an ROTJ suit. But note that the AP is one of the more expensive kits.

If you have to mod a kit into a ROTJ suit, best to buy a HIPS kit (HIPS needs to be painted). Since you need to fill and shape around the inverted AB button section to make it look like the original ROTJ suits, you will need to paint to cover up the mods. You could do the same with an ABS kit, but why spend more money on the ABS kit, when you are going to have to paint to cover up the mods on it as well...

AP11-1.thumb.jpg.f8b268dfec42ead43bbc6759ca97f4ce.jpg

if you look really closely at the shapes of the chest, AB plate and arms and legs, you will

find that the AM kit is much larger, and has a more block like appearance.

the details of the chest plate are a usual give away on the make and model of armor...

take a close look at all the parts on the AP kit, since that was cast from a hybrid of a tour suit and

an actual ROTJ set of armor. again, chest plate is a key element to look closely at.

there are many differences to rotj armor besides the "trim".

many small details in all the parts.

good thing about the AP kit is that all you have to really replace is the shoulder straps, hovie tips, hand plates

boots, and belt cloth, to a webbing 2.5" getting an ROTJ helmet from CFO, or just the entire suit, if your body is small

enough...

AP armor/sans helmet or

CFO armor!

your choice...

In my humble opinion, AM is to be avoided for any kind of screen-representation.

It's after all a fan sculpt that is rather loosely based on what we see on screen, so making it either ANH or ROTJ is pretty unrealistic. It's more the generic "looks kinda like a Stormtrooper" costume kit, rather than "the one kit for the accuracy nut".

CFO is your best bet, if you REALLY want a ROTJ Trooper. If you just want to put on some trim and overpaint the teeth on an FX bucket, there are other options :)

Edited by R2Dan

I agree with as John says and I would love a ROTJ.

Depending on the work you want to do, there are a few options-but as now JoeR is offering a ROTJ-I would go that way

You would be forward dating a ROTJ orig, that was made ANH , and now making ROTJ again. That is how I understand the armour we have now ( with the exception to TM)

So why make life hard.

They are good prices and its all there, ROTJ as ROTJ

WE NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD :D

Best wishes

• 1 month later...