DV's ATA ESB Build[*ATA]

Hey folks! i have finally made it to what will (hopefully) be my final TK build for a nice long while. As soon as my Tax return rolls in, around the 8th of Febuary...i am placing the order for a nice set of ABS ATA armor. After building 3 ANH style armors (FX TK, AP TK and TE2 TD) ive decided to go with ESB for this one. I figured i have the TD and that is ANH, so why not go ESB for my TK build. I will try and document the build as best i can. i have alot of other stuff going on right now so it may start a little slow. .....but keep your eyes on this thread for the build! I LOVE building armor!!.. cant wait to dive in!B)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... ive decided to go with ESB for this one. I figured i have the TD and that is ANH, so why not go ESB for my TK build. I will try and document the build as best i can.

Awesome man!

That's the exact thought process I had. :duim:

Ā 

Plus ESB = best movie... so... ya know, there's that. B)

ha!...looks like i'll be playing close attention to this thread!!! tax return= ata armor as well..and of course its ESB!!!!

Ā 

good luck and i hope i can follow instructions well..lol

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

eugene

Have fun Lou!! I will be watching man. thEmoticons-EatingPopcorn.gif

Ā 

Ā 

BTW, are you going for your EIB with with your ESB build?

Sweet, I was hoping you'd be starting your build thread soon. I'm hoping to stay one step behind you as you're building this so I can get my armor upgrade done too. There's bound to be some cool troop opportunities in the fall with the blue ray release so I'd love to have a better TK to wear by then.

Ā 

Man... ATA is gonna get a ton of orders once tax returns start rolling in, lol. Happy building brother; you'll be leading the way for several of your ECG brethren. Maybe we can have an armor building party if we all get them in around the same time, lol.

Haha! tax time is a good time of the year hehe.

Ā 

Rouge...you bet your plastic trooper butt im going for EIB!

Ā 

id love to have an armor party!...dont think i can fit many troopers in this little apt though lol...you might have to host it! lol

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Hmmm... L&B... as if I'd need any more motivation to host, lol. We've been doing some remodeling on the house and as part of the basement project I'm hoping to turn the laundry room into a laundry room / armor workshop. If I get that done as planned I might actually have a nice spot for a TK Armorer 101 workshop.

Ā 

I'll keep you guys posted.

Ok well i found out a couple of days ago, they are not mailing my check till Feb 11th...si i should get it around the week of thew 17th...so THEN i can place the order with ol ATA...ugh...this is drivin me nuts! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks...my tax return check has arrived!!!!!!!!! I will be placing the order with ATA tomorrow night! :D

Ā 

Also...i decided to get 2 buckets, an extra belt front, and both ANH and ESB handplates. this way i can switch from ESB to ANH easily ^_^

Ā 

i am SO PUMPED to get this build going! Wooot!

• 2 weeks later...

So the delivery date for my armor was yesterday...and nothing ever showed. Still says on the USPS tracking the expected delivery date is feb 25th...yesterday...:blink:. The USPS sucks. Its being delivered to my job. So it will likely show up there today (when im off) <_< or Monday. I was so happy i was getting it on a Friday and could start at it this weekend. ...:unsure:...oh well. I think the powers that be just want to make me wait forever to get this armor! lol. Between the tax return coming later than originally stated, paypal issues, and now this...its taken likely an extra 2 weeks for me to get this armor...:angry:..*shakes fist in the air* LOL! So...i guess my armor build will begin next weekend :mellow: See you all then!:)

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Thanks Mark! I will be using alot of reference from your ESB builds posted here and on the LSD :). Your ESB was very inspiring, and was part of the reason i decided to go ESB with this build. (of course im building to be able to switch it fro ESB to ANH, but the main build will be ESB :D

Still no armor...blah! The post office is pissin me off! Lol. Tracking said the package was an hour away in bethpage NY 1am friday morning. In the past when that happens i have the package the next day or maybe the following day. ...so....im stil waitin... :(

Still no armor...blah! The post office is pissin me off! Lol. Tracking said the package was an hour away in bethpage NY 1am friday morning. In the past when that happens i have the package the next day or maybe the following day. ...so....im stil waitin... :(

Ā 

So much for Priority being 2-3 days. I've noticed lately they have been regularly taking five for large packages, sad that you don't get what you pay for.

Ā 

I recently had some packages shipped express and they were two days late, luckily they are guaranteed or you get you money back so I got a refund.

Ā 

I'd call your local branch post office and ask them what is going on.

I actually called them today and they said call back tomorrow if it doesnt show up today.

Ā 

Yea it is sad Terrell. You pay for priority and you should get priority...what if it was something more important? ...not that armor isnt extremely important...haha..but you know.

Ā 

Its funny cuz the tracking still says the delivery date is feb 25th...ugh

Sure did...im beginning to think they lost this package though. when we call, they basiclly read us the same info thats on the tracking. Which is that it was last scanned 1am Feb 25th at "Bethpage NY and is on the way to its destination" Its very frustrating. i repeatedly tell them..Bethpage is less than an hour from the main NYC post office, which is literally 3 blocks from my job, which is where its going. how does it take over a week to get there? this was shipped priorty and it has now been 10 days since it shipped and 8days past the expected delivery date.

Ā 

We filed a missing package complaint and they said they need 2 business days ...so Monday is the second business day. They also said the shipper can do more from their end, so i e-mailed Terrell to see if he can get any info on his end, or at the very least get reimbursed for the item cost and be able to ship out another kit if it comes down to that. hopefully it wont...but for now im out a nice chunk of change and a set of armor :( This is actually why i stopped using the post office for anything large and domestically shipped.

Ā 

ill keep everyone updated on the outcome of this.

Ā 

check this out:

Ā 

tax return check was supposed to be sent out feb7th...was postponed till the 11th

finally get the check, deposit it thinking it goes in as cash, as its a federal check, apparently not.......had to wait 24hrs for it to clear

It clears, i go to paypal ATA...it wont let me send him anything but an e-check....(later found out my credit card on file expired..apparently that makes a difference event though it should have been a direct bank account transfer) ..so had to send an e-check...which takes 5-7 days to clear..

e-check finally clears ATA ships...and now this post office fiasco.....

Someone out there REALLY doesnt want me to have this armor!

that sucks...on a side note for me i finally received my doopy doos kit!!! super excited...any great how to builds on here you can forward me to?

yea sucks big time.

Ā 

Saw 2 postal trucks this morning both whizzed by...still no armor or call from the post office.

Ā 

As for the blaster builds..there are a few good ones. Mine is a little more extensive in some aspects than others..and less extensive in other aspects than others, but most are good threads...check emm all out and take ideas from all of em! i think i called mine the one step beyond e-11 build or something like that lol

Edited by Darth Voorhees