DV's ATA ESB Build[*ATA]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly ripcode!

But at last the arrmor has arrived!! I had to pay $4.15 cuz they say he underpaid...eh..no big deal..maybe thats why the held it..but seriously they should have known where it was as soon as myself or Terrell inquired. The post office is lame!

But at last the arrmor has arrived!!

So you got it?! :D

And yes... ever since the MiB got Agent K back, the post office is totally lame! B)

My thoughts exactly ripcode!

But at last the arrmor has arrived!! I had to pay $4.15 cuz they say he underpaid...eh..no big deal..maybe thats why the held it..but seriously they should have known where it was as soon as myself or Terrell inquired. The post office is lame!

Normally you get a notice saying you owe postage. :blink:

Whatver... <_<

Good news is that you have it! Yay! :D

Normally you get a notice saying you owe postage. :blink:

Whatver... <_<

Good news is that you have it! Yay! :D

Yup, and also packages over a certain cubic size are supposed to default to 20lbs. regaurdless of size or weight. So i have no clue what that was all about....but yea, the good news is definately that i have it!

So this thread can finally become a build thread.

Maybe it should be renamed "the search for DV's armor" and moved to the NCO club and i should start a new build thread LOL!

Anyway, i am now home and the armor looks fantastic! The buckets(i got 2, a regualr and a b grade) look amazing! Looking forward to diving into this!

Just started a little bit on the kit today. I know its not much but thought id show ...something lol. I decided to start on one of the helmets first. Heres the rough fit of what will be the ANH helmet. I havent trimmed out the ears yet. Its being held together with magnets. But so far, so good. :)

DSCN2260.jpg

DSCN2258.jpg

DSCN2257.jpg

DSCN2256.jpg

DSCN2255.jpg

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Thanks John!

Heres some more pics of the helmet done. Although this is an ABS kit, i am still going to paint it to give it a more accurate look. I went with the ABS for the durability factor. So here it is:

DSCN2264.jpg

DSCN2263.jpg

DSCN2262.jpg

Did a little more work tonight. I wet sanded the helmet with 400grit sandpaper to allow the paint to stick better and then sprayed a few coats of gloss white Krylon Fusion for plastic. Pretty much emptied the can. I then hand painted the frown, ear rectangles and traps with testors grey #1138. Tomorrow i will do the black trim on the traps and ears, paint the vocoder, and put the brow back on. Heres what it looks like now..

DSCN2269.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2271.jpg

DSCN2270.jpg

Thanks bro! haha Im building a "switchy" So i can wear this suit as ANH or ESB. I got 2 helmets, 2 belt fronts and both ESB and ANH handplates. I decided to build the ANH helmet first cuz i havent ordered the ESB decals from Mike yet.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Nice work there mate! Is the frown going to be painted black on top of the gray or are you going for ANH? or am i missing something? :D

thanks bro. Actually..you may have missed something lol..see above post :)

im buiding an ANH and ESB with the same set of armor. i have 2 helmets. This is the ANH one. I dont have the decals yet for the ESB one so i did this one first. Ill order them from mike later in the week.

Thanks Guys!

Ok so i finished the ANH bucket..less the tube stripes(which ill order soon) and the neck trim which ATA will send as soon as he has it in stock again. I did the trim with a deco color paint marker. I did the vocoder with black enamel paint with a "filbert" brush. It has a curved top.

DSCN2274.jpg

DSCN2273.jpg

And here is the helmet...

DSCN2277.jpg

DSCN2279.jpg

DSCN2276.jpg

DSCN2275.jpg

My Cat Diego likes it also!

DSCN2280.jpg

Ill likely start on the ESB helmet this weekend. Stay tuned!