ATA now available in ABS

I'm also working on getting the same ABS that the FX/AM kits are made from to offer upgrade helmets that are a perfect color match.

Terrell, you could definitely sign me up for a ABS helmet kit... awesome job!!!

Awesome! Love the fixing you've done to some of the parts there T. Looks great! :duim: Will be nice to see these up and walking around. :salute:

Well I have to thank Kevin at OSCS for giving me the nudge and some guidance to start overhauling and sharpening molds. It's a start, but I still have much more to do.

Looking sweet, and sharp bro.

I can´t wait to see a fully assembled one, walking around as well ;)

The ab looks great (maybe you could make the string over the box longer, and add the cleft in the tk/TD 4/3 dot area, it should be easy and quick and give a lot too)

I've got the cleft penciled in, but just haven't carved it out yet. Yes it the rectangle needs to be made taller to be accurate and accommodate the button strip while letting the cleft underneath still be seen. Just like the strip on top of the middle button box needs to be extended and fade into the ab plate. All in due time.

• 2 weeks later...

Much will come just from the new vac setup. The other weekend I compared three ab plates:

1) Original TE2

2) Older ATA

3) New ATA pulled on your new setup

There is a huge difference between the TE2 and your older ATA - the ATA while thicker yet more supple didn't have the detail the TE2 had, even to an untrained eye. The new ab plate you pulled - even with no changes to the mold - looks identical to the TE2.

So even just from updating your vac machine, the level of detail want up a significant amount.

There is a huge difference between the TE2 and your older ATA - the ATA while thicker yet more supple didn't have the detail the TE2 had, even to an untrained eye. The new ab plate you pulled - even with no changes to the mold - looks identical to the TE2.

So even just from updating your vac machine, the level of detail want up a significant amount.

Actually the ab plate did get a sharpness and detail overhaul, just like the back plate. The rest of the kit is sharper using most of the original molds from before.

Much will come just from the new vac setup. The other weekend I compared three ab plates:

1) Original TE2

2) Older ATA

3) New ATA pulled on your new setup

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the crappy pics,must build these(5 total) at least 2/3 before March 12 :blink:

i like the abs look!

Thanks a lot Terrell!

-----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 2/27/2011 at 1:53 AM, pappy said:

sorry for the crappy pics,must build these(5 total) at least 2/3 before March 12 :blink:

i like the abs look!

Thanks a lot Terrell!

-------------

Blimey!!!! now those lids are sharp :) , looks great in ABS ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13

This is what i can share for a moment,my hands pretty stiff right now because of all the work :P

---------

hopefully the armor will be done in a week/less

the abs plastic is covered with plastic to cover from scratches during shipping etc :)

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 month later...

Well, i was planning on holding off on starting a TD build, but between this and Pandatroopers build i think that went out the window...

EDIT: yup, on the waiting list, i am.

Edited by sith_241

Looking forward to my set as well. ABS has such a nice ring to it dont it? ;)

Yeah, i already have my polishing setup from my AP suit...though since im doing a TD i probably wont be quite as meticulous about it.

My friend and i just finished a couple of armors,now is off to their 'masters' :D:(

(the armor is the same in these pics,and its still in unfinished stage)

My height is 170 cm

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13