TK5389 Requesting ANH-Hero EIB Status[182]

Well I thought it was about time to do this....TK5389 Requesting EIB Status:

I bought this complete kit un-made from a garrison member who was unable to finish off the project. But I have most of the info about the armour and soft parts.

ANH Hero:

Armor..MM (garrison member)

Helmet..MM (garrison member)

Blaster..Modified Hasbro and DLT-19

Boots..Caboots

Belt..canvas hand made(garrison member fx guy)

Neck seal..hand made (garrison member fx guy)

Holster..Leather (garrison member)

Handplates..flexible handplates and gloves (Karins I think)

If I have missed anything let me know...

Cheers

Phantom

Armour

DSCF4002.jpg

DSCF4012.jpg

DSCF4003.jpg

DSCF4006.jpg

DSCF4005.jpg

DSCF4004.jpg

DSCF4009.jpg

DSCF4010.jpg

DSCF4013.jpg

DSCF4014.jpg

Blaster

E-1101.jpg

E-1102.jpg

E-1103.jpg

E-1104-1.jpg

DLT-1902.jpg

DLT-1905.jpg

DLT-1904.jpg

DLT-1903.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

I knew I missed something...We where taking photos of the kids for the Galatic Academy and my wifes approval pics and I was last so I think we where all a bit over the photos...I do have the thermal detonator will suit up again tomorrow and take a pic.

Tube stripes are blue, might be the photo, was having a few issues with my camera. Will try and take some better helmet pics tomorrow.

There are stipes on the mic tips but they aren't very pronounced. I do have some others here I have been meaning to put on will fix that and repost tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback...

Decals on the helmet are quite off, and you have stunt ears on that "hero" helmet. Also, I'd paint the rivets white, on the torso side.

What is it about the decals that are off?

I know they are stunt ears I just haven't been able to get around to getting the Hero ears and I thought that the 3 bar ears weren't part of the EIB.

I will paint the rivets white, although the requirements say maybe painted white.

Thanks for the feedback...

What is it about the decals that are off?

I know they are stunt ears I just haven't been able to get around to getting the Hero ears and I thought that the 3 bar ears weren't part of the EIB.

I will paint the rivets white, although the requirements say maybe painted white.

I wasn't pointing out EIB rules/requirements, I was just pointing out how a proper ANH hero should look.

The decals have waaay too much black outlining going on and look more like ESB decals. ANH should always have the handpainted look (they were not decals back in 1977). That's why I handpaint mine. ;) But you can get good decals emulating that hand painted, slightly irregular look.

I'd also suggest bringing the shoulders closer to the chest, they stick outwards in your pics.

Oh, and I believe a set of 3-bump hero ears can be had quite easily on these boards. ;)

Why not go all the way instead of stopping at "must have"? Use the props and screencaps as reference, not the minimum requirements - but maybe that's just my way of thinking.

the ears are to have the 3 bumps as a base requirement and thus EIB, check out the CRL on the main legion site HERE It's it was unintentionally left out on our end for the Reception center CRL and should be added. also the CRL on the main legion site shows the hand painted trap style in better detail. besides those small details everything is looking great!

125_01.jpg

also i will need to see the inner drop boxes ;)

thanks

i just found an error with the crl on the main legion site:

26. Helmet Details: Precise ANH Stunt Stormtrooper helmet details include:

• Lenses are bubbled green or smoke sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes.
  • Ears should have two screws used per side, one above the ear bar and one at the base of the helmet.
  • Ear bars should have three bumps only, not four.
  • Correct 'hovi mic' aerator tips.

I wasn't pointing out EIB rules/requirements, I was just pointing out how a proper ANH hero should look.

The decals have waaay too much black outlining going on and look more like ESB decals. ANH should always have the handpainted look (they were not decals back in 1977). That's why I handpaint mine. ;) But you can get good decals emulating that hand painted, slightly irregular look.

I'd also suggest bringing the shoulders closer to the chest, they stick outwards in your pics.

Oh, and I believe a set of 3-bump hero ears can be had quite easily on these boards. ;)

Why not go all the way instead of stopping at "must have"? Use the props and screencaps as reference, not the minimum requirements - but maybe that's just my way of thinking.

It was my intention to make it as screen accurate as possible but I am in a bit of a tight monetary situation, I won't bore you with the details.

I have found a guy here on the boards who makes the 3 bump ears and when I get some money I will get getting them. I will also check out the decals offered by one of the other members here TK-4510 I think, my hand painting is not that great :)

Out of these decals offered which do you think most matches the decals for the hero?

http://members.cox.net/appstronaut/anh_hero_helmet_decals.html

http://members.cox.net/appstronaut/anh_helmet_decals.html

The image of the decals on the hero page look similar to the ones I have, but the pics of the helmet they look thinner? I am leaning towards the ANH Helmet Decals. Your opinion would be appreciated.

I will fix the shoulders that should be an easy fix.

Thanks again for your feedback Dennis

Edited by The Phantom

the ears are to have the 3 bumps as a base requirement and thus EIB, check out the CRL on the main legion site HERE It's it was unintentionally left out on our end for the Reception center CRL and should be added. also the CRL on the main legion site shows the hand painted trap style in better detail. besides those small details everything is looking great!

125_01.jpg

also i will need to see the inner drop boxes ;)

thanks

Thanks Mason,

Okay I was looking at the CRL on this site, It didn't even occur to me to look at the main legion board.

So basically, I need to add the 3 bump ears and new decals for the helmet to pass EIB? Would these decals be ok? http://members.cox.net/appstronaut/anh_helmet_decals.html his Hero decals the top image of the decals look very similar to the ones I already have ie thick lines,but the helmet pics they look thinner http://members.cox.net/appstronaut/anh_hero_helmet_decals.html so not sure on which ones to get?

At this stage I will also make these changes:

- Thermal detonater (can't believe I forgot to put it on), do you need me to suit up or will a pic of it be fine,there are pics of it on my belt in one of my other threads?

- Better pic of the mic tips, will replace the ones I have with ones I got from Smitty

- Paint the rivets on the torso white

- Fix my shoulders

- Pics of the drop boxes

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by The Phantom

Confirmed! :)

Besides the minor details, it is an excellent build and it suits you well.

Thanks Karin...They are great I get comments on them all the time, I don't think many people down here have them...I also just need to glue them back down starting to lift off on the edges

Edited by The Phantom

It was my intention to make it as screen accurate as possible but I am in a bit of a tight monetary situation, I won't bore you with the details.

I have found a guy here on the boards who makes the 3 bump ears and when I get some money I will get getting them. I will also check out the decals offered by one of the other members here TK-4510 I think, my hand painting is not that great :)

Out of these decals offered which do you think most matches the decals for the hero?

http://members.cox.net/appstronaut/anh_hero_helmet_decals.html

http://members.cox.net/appstronaut/anh_helmet_decals.html

The image of the decals on the hero page look similar to the ones I have, but the pics of the helmet they look thinner? I am leaning towards the ANH Helmet Decals. Your opinion would be appreciated.

I will fix the shoulders that should be an easy fix.

Thanks again for your feedback Dennis

No problem, you're welcome!

I know your pain of a tight budget...

I'd go for the hero decals from TK-4510, if you ask me. The outlines are only fat on the decal sheet, they will be much thinner once you peel the individual decals from that. Plus, they have correct "wonky" lines instead of straight like the ones on your helmet now.

3-bump ears will surely improve the hero look! :) And the shoulders should really be a quick'n'easy fix, I agree.

The new mic tips are way better, but the mesh is too fine. But that really is nitpicking. ;)

(But I love nitpicking when it comes to TKs!)

I think that's listed as a "should have" rather than a "must have".

correct. it is a should have, but he mentioned it was intention to make it as screen accurate as possible, so it is optional

and the ears are the main issue, the current decals will pass, but they are a bit off ;)

i found these printable decal sheets online and modified them a bit they should work ;)

decal-1.jpg printable decal paper is really cheap ;) it should save you a buck

The computer geek in me is screaming "why is that a jpeg!?" The file format is not meant for images with so little colour in them. PNG or GIF would give less artifacts. Sorry for the derailing btw.

The computer geek in me is screaming "why is that a jpeg!?" The file format is not meant for images with so little colour in them. PNG or GIF would give less artifacts. Sorry for the derailing btw.

I ran off a test print and the stripes are a bit too big.

Remember guys when reviewing these threads, there are required elements and nice to have's. Please ensure we differentiate between the two.

Heck, even my EI is missing some "nice to haves". :)

No problem, you're welcome!

I know your pain of a tight budget...

I'd go for the hero decals from TK-4510, if you ask me. The outlines are only fat on the decal sheet, they will be much thinner once you peel the individual decals from that. Plus, they have correct "wonky" lines instead of straight like the ones on your helmet now.

3-bump ears will surely improve the hero look! :) And the shoulders should really be a quick'n'easy fix, I agree.

The new mic tips are way better, but the mesh is too fine. But that really is nitpicking. ;)

(But I love nitpicking when it comes to TKs!)

Thanks again Dennis really do appreciate all the tips I am getting from the experts.

I have a guy here in our garrison who does decals and he is looking at making some decals for the helmet for me the initial lot look good in the pics. Will see how he goes. I might still get the Hero decals from TK-4510 as a backup.

I don't think I can change the mesh in the mic tips though :( But nit picking is fine :)

correct. it is a should have, but he mentioned it was intention to make it as screen accurate as possible, so it is optional

and the ears are the main issue, the current decals will pass, but they are a bit off ;)

i found these printable decal sheets online and modified them a bit they should work ;)

decal-1.jpg printable decal paper is really cheap ;) it should save you a buck

I have got the inner drop boxes sorted, just got to get pics for you.

Just got to get paid before I can order the 3 bump ears off a guy here on the forums, I have all his details they are a good price but still need to get some cash first.

Mason that is great thank you for that...I will hunt around stores to find some printable decal paper. As I said to Dennis I have a guy in the garrison looking at decals for me I might pass this onto him if thats ok?

Thanks again Mason.

• 2 months later...

Ok...well I have got my new 3 bump ears of John Danter, thanks John they arrived today they look fantastic.

I have got my hands on some decals that one of our talented people in our Garrison did up for me.

We have a big troop in a week so I will try and get things sorted for that depending on work and real life :)

So in at least two-three weeks I should have the helmet done with the new ears and decals, inner drop boxes, fix the shoulders so they are closer to my chest, and a photo showing my thermal det...still embarassed I forgot to put that on :blush: can't blame my wife for that one :)

I think that that about covers everything that you guys said that I need to fix to get EIB if I have missed anything please let me know.

Cheers

Steve

I don't know if I have the right to reply here as I'm not a 501st member, but just to add my two cents : I would trim a bit more the right eye (well, the one on the right when you look at the pics ;) ); Hero helmets's eyes were fully trimmed AFAIK.