Snaps tool

excellent thankyou, that site wouldnt work the other day.

Tony's been updating the site recently, this may explain the downtime. :)

its great help.

Yeah,based most of my assembly on his sites advice. :)

Instead of the pliers I used the base and pin, more or less the same thing but you use a hammer for the install, also about $15 cheaper :)

i recieved a base and pin with the snaps, these should be fine i think?? tell me if im wrong but i shouldnt have cause to attach snaps to the actual armour, only snaps that have been allready attached to abs strips.

i cant wait to get hold of my kit and begin building

this is a great tutorial, i would have liked to see higher res links and images a little bit clearer because some of the placements are hard to detect.

If anyone is giving this a shot post results please :)

Instead of the pliers I used the base and pin, more or less the same thing but you use a hammer for the install, also about $15 cheaper :)

I prefer this method as well even with ABS strips, I found this makes a much better snap connection.

Also, in some cases I have installed snaps directly into my armor (not just abs strips). All depends on how you are connecting your armor together. A good example, extra ABS pieces for closing the side gap snapped to the front and rear ab.

Until recently I used the anvil approach per http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=88

I recently got a pair of pliers and like them much better. I've never put a snap directly on the armor itself, and don't recommend it. IMHO having a snap plate spreads the distribution of load against the armor than having it directly thereon. I've never had a snap plate come off, but I have had a tear develop from having a snap directly on the armor.

i recieved a base and pin with the snaps, these should be fine i think?? tell me if im wrong but i shouldnt have cause to attach snaps to the actual armour, only snaps that have been allready attached to abs strips.

The first time you guys smash your fingers with the hammer using those, that $20 for the pliers will sound cheap. Ask me how I know ;)

• 12 years later...