Celabratoin 6

SW1

They haven't even announced that there will be a C:VI (although that's pretty well a given). If you assume they have it in 2013 (the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi), and they follow the same time frame that they did for C:V, they won't announce the city and dates until about 10 months prior to the convention. The official announcement for C:V was in December of '09.

Thanks for that Michael , i just like to plan ahead, missed C.V this year , i noticed you live in Orlando , i will be there next Tuesday staying at Disney for 2 weeks , never been before so all getting very excited ;)

Stephen, you're going to have a great time! The weather is fantastic right now (well, the last two days have been near-record highs, but it's going to cool off a bit starting this weekend) and the Disney resorts are amazing in how well they take care of their guests for the most part.

Ā 

Alex, I don't think that's probably how it went. There were actually seven cities openly competing for C:V, and Orlando bent over backwards doing everything they could to get The Master to choose us. I would LOVE to see C:VI here in my back yard again - and it's not unheard of, as C:II and C:III were both in Indianapolis.

Stephen, you're going to have a great time! The weather is fantastic right now (well, the last two days have been near-record highs, but it's going to cool off a bit starting this weekend) and the Disney resorts are amazing in how well they take care of their guests for the most part.

Ā 

Alex, I don't think that's probably how it went. There were actually seven cities openly competing for C:V, and Orlando bent over backwards doing everything they could to get The Master to choose us. I would LOVE to see C:VI here in my back yard again - and it's not unheard of, as C:II and C:III were both in Indianapolis.

Ā 

Orlando is a lot closer to me as well! (Atlanta)I haven't been to any of these yet, I'm hoping 6 will be my first.... but not last! pLus it woul dbe nice to see where I used to live. I lived off International Drive while attending school there. :)

Edited by Evolver79

Thanks Michael ,

I cant wait to see Disney World i will have my wife and two young boys with me i dont know whos more excited me or them , we are all kids at heart my friend ;) i was at C.4 that was unbelivable met some good freinds there just so gutted i could not make C.V i will be at the next one where ever it will beB)

Hey Stephen, just watch out for the humidity in Florida, it just about ruined our trip to DisneyWorld. It would get so hot and sticky that we ended up staying in our rented townhome and swimming during the day and going to the parks in the evening. We we all in sour moods despite being in one of the happiest places on earth. No one could get cool, all we did was sweat and stick to each other. Hopefully the weather is cooler when you get there.

Thanks for the heads up Ryan ;) , iam so sorry that you had the heat issue when you were there so fingers crossed its a bit cooler , i think i will take a load of TK helmet cooling fans:lol: .

Thanks for the heads up Ryan ;) , iam so sorry that you had the heat issue when you were there so fingers crossed its a bit cooler , i think i will take a load of TK helmet cooling fans:lol: .

Ā 

At the stores around town they sell water bottles with fans on the ends that you can squirt at yourself to creating a misting effect, those helped a bit. We were so desperate that we were taking off our baseball caps, drenching them with water in the drinking fountains and then putting them on our heads to get cool. Oddly enough it didn't bring any relief. :(

Thanks for that Michael , i just like to plan ahead, missed C.V this year , i noticed you live in Orlando , i will be there next Tuesday staying at Disney for 2 weeks , never been before so all getting very excited ;)

Ā 

I did a double dip......Disney and CV.......I can't imagine a better trip. It is astonishing how well Disney tries to maintain its parks......clean, uncluttered and friendly. I know it is not a perfect place.....but it is as darn close as I have ever seen. I am envious and hope you have as wonderful time as my family did.

Ā 

I would dig CVI in Orlando..........

Ā 

I'm hoping for a third Celebration in Indianapolis because that's where I'm from! Haha but I'll go wherever they have it.

Ā 

I remember when I was exiting Celebration V when it was closing, the announcer said "go home and begin dreaming of Celebration VI" I wonder if they would have been aloud to say that if there wouldn't be one. Not to mention I can't imagine they would do a 30th anniversary for the other two and not Return of the Jedi.

yes I Love Florida weather but having Celebration there this past year really was not the greatest location just because it really isn't accommodating to everyone just because it is so far south. It made me miss living in Florida. I wish they would centralize it in a sense to make it more accessible for everyone.

WoodChuck here. A bit of trivia for you folks out there...............Back in the 70's the US Postal Service wanted to find one central location to use for all of the various technical training courses they had for teaching their electronic tech's and mechanics how to fix all the sorting machines all over the nation. They hired several consultants and after much, much research, they chose

Norman, Oklahoma. It seems this is the closest point within the USA that would be central to all of the states. So, low and behold, they spent millions and built a big, beautiful technical training center just outside the city limits. Of course, having it be a college town was added incentive to get the maintenance employees to attend classes there.

Ā 

So let's start THAT rumor: CVI should be held at NORMAN, OK because it is central to everyone within the USA.

Ā 

BTW, I was an electronic tech for the postal service for 20 years and attended MANY MANY technical classes at Norman, OK.

Having been to CIII in Indy, the area around the convention center is practically shoulder-to-shoulder with good places to eat, but the convention center itself... Some was the staff, certainly, but some also was the building. It was too small for that con, and they've been bigger and bigger since. Something about the place always felt claustrophobic, except for the larger exhibit halls. The lack of windows really got to me. And on the crowd-control side... "bloody shambles" comes to mind. The "fan-club-only" line was a good three-hour wait, cuz two people at a time could get past the pass-checkers at the single set of double doors. Please, no more Indy. Not for a Star Wars Celebration.

Ā 

I am apparantly one of the minority that liked Los Angeles. Yeah, pickings right around the convention center are still sparse, but they're in the midst of urban-renewing the bejeezus out of that area. There was more there in '07 than there had been the last time I was there in '01 -- and I expect there to be more still if we're there in '13 or whatever.

Ā 

All that said, my vote for the next one is for Seattle. Partly to balance out the alternating coast thing, partly because I am (justifiably, I think) proud of our convention center and amenities, and partly because I wouldn't have to get a plane ticket. ;) Increases the options for what LFL brings up to exhibit, as it's a fairly short drive up from San Rafael. :)

Ā 

--Jonah

Edited by Peregrinus

Having been to CIII in Indy, the area around the convention center is practically shoulder-to-shoulder with good places to eat, but the convention center itself... Some was the staff, certainly, but some also was the building. It was too small for that con, and they've been bigger and bigger since. Something about the place always felt claustrophobic, except for the larger exhibit halls. The lack of windows really got to me. And on the crowd-control side... "bloody shambles" comes to mind. The "fan-club-only" line was a good three-hour wait, cuz two people at a time could get past the pass-checkers at the single set of double doors. Please, no more Indy. Not for a Star Wars Celebration.

Ā 

I am apparantly one of the minority that liked Los Angeles. Yeah, pickings right around the convention center are still sparse, but they're in the midst of urban-renewing the bejeezus out of that area. There was more there in '07 than there had been the last time I was there in '01 -- and I expect there to be more still if we're there in '13 or whatever.

Ā 

All that said, my vote for the next one is for Seattle. Partly to balance out the alternating coast thing, partly because I am (justifiably, I think) proud of our convention center and amenities, and partly because I wouldn't have to get a plane ticket. ;) Increases the options for what LFL brings up to exhibit, as it's a fairly short drive up from San Rafael. :)

Ā 

--Jonah

Oh I will admit that the convention center is much smaller than some of the others, but I do believe they have added quite a bit on and there is always the possibility of them having it in Lucas Oil Stadium instead, and hey it fits the creators name lol. I like Indy because, well I live there, and because it's a great atmosphere for the convention. Lots of stormtroopers walking around downtown is just aweseome. Orlando's centers placement seemed a bit cut off but the convention center itself was fantastic and huge! I wouldn't mind it being in Seattle, I've always wanted to go there.