What does the armor really do?

I think they were talking about "that new BT-16". Don't have a clue what that is, tho. Anybody know?

If I remember correctly, it is a reference to either:

1) A new type of speeder

or

2) A new type of small arms blaster

There is, however, another option that I am not sure is 100% accurate. Check out this link which tries to assume they are referring to a droid. BT-16 defined

I am not sure this is what the George had in mind, and since GL did not include any mention of a "BL-16" in his novel, I am not sure we will ever know for sure.

:trooper:

Type 1 Trooper

There is, however, another option that I am not sure is 100% accurate. Check out this link which tries to assume they are referring to a droid. BT-16 defined

I am not sure this is what the George had in mind, and since GL did not include any mention of a "BL-16" in his novel, I am not sure we will ever know for sure.

:trooper:

Type 1 Trooper

I don't think George did either, but I will say that he needs to hire better writers for the SW Wiki. They descriptions they create are totally lame. I'd wager the BT-16 was a new type of pod racer that was burning up the tracks. I never talked about military stuff when I was on guard duty anyway - we were always talking about stuff from home.

I don't think George did either, but I will say that he needs to hire better writers for the SW Wiki. They descriptions they create are totally lame. I'd wager the BT-16 was a new type of pod racer that was burning up the tracks. I never talked about military stuff when I was on guard duty anyway - we were always talking about stuff from home.

even if you were specifically cloned for war?

/me ducks :P

When someone was talking about speaker cabinets or guitar equipment, I used to say "You seen the new BT-16?" just because most equipment has names like that. They'd say huh? then I'd say "Huh? what was that?... ah, it's nothing".

As far as armor goes in the films, I'm thinking that the rebellion was the exception to the norm when it came to testing out the armor's real effectiveness. I think most civilians were too scared to even think about shooting an officer, nah mean? It was supposed to look more effective than it actually was. At least that's probably what the emperor figured. In order to cut costs to help fund the building of the death star, the troops funding was cut and materials for armor became too expensive, so a cheaper less effective armor was replacing the normally highly deflective material... or something.

I have problems believing that one. Anyone ever see a stormtrooper get up after being shot :o .

It doesnt mean that they are actually dead...I believe the armor absorbs the shock of the blast rendering it non-lethal, but it does cause the body to pass out from the initial blast :unsure:

It doesnt mean that they are actually dead...I believe the armor absorbs the shock of the blast rendering it non-lethal, but it does cause the body to pass out from the initial blast :unsure:

A bit like a bullet proof vest? The impact will knock you on your an impolite person and take the wind out of you but not kill you.

A bit like a bullet proof vest? The impact will knock you on your an impolite person and take the wind out of you but not kill you.

Yup!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Then that's a lot of unconscious troopers in the movies then. :)

Well I guess it's great to think of it that way than to think of the armor as semi-efficient kevlar

Then that's a lot of unconscious troopers in the movies then. :)

Well I guess it's great to think of it that way than to think of the armor as semi-efficient kevlar

Yeah .. I also prefer to look at it that way .. it removes a lot of violence from the movie! LOL

My mother would be so proud! Hahaha