TM's own personal 1 mm ANH weatherd Armour

Ooh, I do like your ESB, matey! But, that didn't come as much of a surprise did it!

Still bumping this thread, taunting me with that new armour, I see! But, fear not, revenge shall be mine .... mwuhahahahaha ... ;)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, I do like your ESB, matey! But, that didn't come as much of a surprise did it!

Still bumping this thread, taunting me with that new armour, I see! But, fear not, revenge shall be mine .... mwuhahahahaha ... ;)

Thanks Rich , they uesd to call me MR Bump at school :lol: , dont mean to taunt you mate but tough sh.t ;) yes you will have revenge , so that just leaves one thing have to get together and battle it out B)

Hey Stephen, thats a very sweet looking TK B)

Ā 

I had a search around & could'nt find Paul's old pic & I may had missed a post on the thread but hope not? but wondered how flexy is the superflexy armour?

Ā 

My grail is being able to sit down in armour...comfortably

Many Thanks Steve, i would say very flexy more than the capped glossed TM i have put it this way Paul said to me you could sit down and have the chest bulging out like Han in the detention block , so i tried it and yes he was right just like Han but i did feel some armour bites so it was not that comfortable to sit for a great amout of time , but hay thats what it was like for them in the movie,top of chest cutting in to your neck ,biceps falling of the hooks, oh i luv it so if it was good enough for the origanal ANH troopers that will do for me ;):D ,plus i do need to do some allterations on the strapping to get it to fit a bit better,

Ā 

Oh Yes Steve when could you sort me one of your accuratte neck seals mate :)

Hi Rolf how you doing mate , thank you for your kind words , Rolf you have got to get your self one of these they are awsome mate and it would look great with TM sand trooper B)

Ā 

Hi Stephen, thanks for asking.

IƂĀ“m ok, but to be honest i have been better, as iƂĀ“m going through a divorce hell whit a small child.

(i have made a small mepd topic about it, if you like to know more: Life is strange)

Ā 

I have all ready contact TM, hope to get one as well.

My last one was in 2mm gloss abs, but this one looks even better i think ;)

Hi Stephen, thanks for asking.

IƂĀ“m ok, but to be honest i have been better, as iƂĀ“m going through a divorce hell whit a small child.

(i have made a small mepd topic about it, if you like to know more: Life is strange)

Ā 

I have all ready contact TM, hope to get one as well.

My last one was in 2mm gloss abs, but this one looks even better i think ;)

Sorry to here all that mate but iam sure it will all work out for the best keep your chin up and think posative ;) , Rolf you will not be disapionted with Pauls new 1mm armour its unbeliveable B) keep me posted mate on all acounts.

Ā 

TTYS

Steve

I'm just glad more people are starting to think like me and want to have armour exactly how it was made back in the day. I hope we see many more truly screen accurate armours in the future.

Ā 

Amen to that, brother :D

Ā 

And when you're responsible for works of art like this:

DSCF3175-1.jpg

...... I think you can single-handedly claim responsibility for 'raising the bar' right up to screen-used quality B) That's got to be my favourite pic of all posted in this thread.... a combination of screen-accurate armour and pose make it unbeatable...

Ā 

If I had simply seen pics of Stephen's armour and hadn't been told it was a replica costume, I'm pretty sure I would have thought it was an original Lucasfilm suit from ANH.... the subtle touches like the micro-screws on the lower lip of the chest armour, and likewise between the backplate and kidney plate... the canvas belt with riveted holster,,,, the painted jodphur boots - and of course the exquisite weathering effects that you applied to the armour, making it look like plastic that has genuinely aged over 34 years.... as opposed to someone who's spent 10 minutes with a box of pastels and acrylic paints! :lol: What is your weathering secret, if you don't mind me asking, mate? Scrunched-up Newspaper perhaps and a smidge of earthy-coloured pastels?

Ā 

Anyways, well done on surpassing yourself *yet again* Paul, and congratulations to you Stephen for having the most desirable ANH Stormtrooper display in captivity!

Ā 

Can you please put me down for at least one of these 1mm super-flexible suits, Paul. And if I can get a buyer for one of my kidneys then I'll have 3 or 4 please! :P

Ā 

Cheers,

John

john@manicminer.plus.com

Amen to that, brother :D

Ā 

And when you're responsible for works of art like this:

DSCF3175-1.jpg

...... I think you can single-handedly claim responsibility for 'raising the bar' right up to screen-used quality B) That's got to be my favourite pic of all posted in this thread.... a combination of screen-accurate armour and pose make it unbeatable...

Ā 

If I had simply seen pics of Stephen's armour and hadn't been told it was a replica costume, I'm pretty sure I would have thought it was an original Lucasfilm suit from ANH.... the subtle touches like the micro-screws on the lower lip of the chest armour, and likewise between the backplate and kidney plate... the canvas belt with riveted holster,,,, the painted jodphur boots - and of course the exquisite weathering effects that you applied to the armour, making it look like plastic that has genuinely aged over 34 years.... as opposed to someone who's spent 10 minutes with a box of pastels and acrylic paints! :lol: What is your weathering secret, if you don't mind me asking, mate? Scrunched-up Newspaper perhaps and a smidge of earthy-coloured pastels?

Ā 

Anyways, well done on surpassing yourself *yet again* Paul, and congratulations to you Stephen for having the most desirable ANH Stormtrooper display in captivity!

Ā 

Can you please put me down for at least one of these 1mm super-flexible suits, Paul. And if I can get a buyer for one of my kidneys then I'll have 3 or 4 please! :P

Ā 

Cheers,

John

john@manicminer.plus.com

Hi John, yer Paul is the master i think you have preety much sumed it all up, and i think my self very lucky to have taken accution of the master piece John if you let me know where you are in the UK i would gladley show it to you in return of one of your ESB blasters ;) only if you want to of caues :)

Ā 

TTYS

Steve

Goodness me, awesome is an understatement..... Stephen are you wearing this to MEM in November? Can't wait to see it in the 'flesh'.. :)

Ā 

(BTW, thanks for putting the link up to the bendy manequinn)

Ā 

Paul.... incredible workmanship.... there is simply no equal... :)

Goodness me, awesome is an understatement..... Stephen are you wearing this to MEM in November? Can't wait to see it in the 'flesh'.. :)

Ā 

(BTW, thanks for putting the link up to the bendy manequinn)

Ā 

Paul.... incredible workmanship.... there is simply no equal... :)

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for your kind words mate , and yes i do want to wear it at MEM in November seeing that it will be my Birthday then :D , just need to get my butt in gear and get on with the adjustments to the armour ;) look forward to seeing you there Shiv.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!.. simply amazing work here guys! :o this truly is the most accurate ANH stormtrooper out there.. iam seriously considering weathering mine aswell!

Ā 

Willing to share some of your weathering techniques on this, would love it if Paul would make a sort of tutorial ;)

The credit for the weathering should go to Pete (stukatrooper), he taught me the technique ;)

Ā 

Basically, you rub the whole armour with newspaper (black and white is best). I added extra scuff marks with sand paper on the hard edges and a dusting of black pastel powder. Rub it all in with your hands and then take most of it off with a cloth. It should leave a nice used look. You can always add more or less depending on what you are looking for :)

OK i managed to do some test fitting of the TM weatherd 1 mm armour i did ask the manaquin if i could :D here are some test fit pics the only thing is the pics dont do the suit any justice or should i say the weathering dose not stand out in these pics , but when i have finished i will get some pro photos done to show this , so just a few test pics let me know what you think troopers;)

Ā 

DSC09984.jpg

Edited by SW1

OK i managed to do some test fitting of the TM weatherd 1 mm armour i did ask the manaquin if i could :D here are some test fit pics the only thing is the pics dont do the suit any justice or should i say the weathering dose not stand out in these pics , but when i have finished i will get some pro photos done to show this , so just a few test pics let me know what you think troopers;)

Ā 

Ā 

DSC09984-1.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

DSC09984-1.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

DSC09980.jpgDSC09964.jpgDSC09965.jpgDSC09969.jpgDSC09981.jpgDSC09994.jpgDSC09998.jpgDSC09999.jpgDSC09973.jpg

Love the authentic way the chest bends outwards with the proper thickness of plastic and the correct fastening system.

Ā 

I'd forgetten how spoiled I am when it comes to taking photos. I can pretty much pop outside into the garden to take them in natural light any day of the year. Some poor sods have to go in the kitchen! :lol:

Great photos there Steve!

Ā 

If I would have seen these photos back when I got into the hobby I would have sworn your kit was an original. It truly looks incredible. And I am not just saying that because I made it, I really mean it, it is awesome (gotta sort those boots out though ;) )

Great photos there Steve!

Ā 

If I would have seen these photos back when I got into the hobby I would have sworn your kit was an original. It truly looks incredible. And I am not just saying that because I made it, I really mean it, it is awesome (gotta sort those boots out though ;) )

Ā 

Paul , your work is unbelivable i have fooled a few of my mates when they have come round and see it on the manaquin they are not big trooper fans , so when they said to me is it original , me being cheeky said ohh yes found it at elstree when i was doing some work there , and you should have seen there faces mate :o i let this go on for the evening and at the end of the night i told them the truth and they were still in shock by what you have created and produced over the years plus it has got them now looking at the iconic stormtrooper B) oh yes the boots they are my TK boots i need to weather them up and i added an extra half inch on the heel just to give me a little hight when iam trooping why i did not think about putting my weatherd loakes on totaly forgot next time , or if iam really nice to you mate i would gladley take your size 8 original boots for a price of course ;)

Ā 

i see Petes (sukatrooper) 1 mm weatherd armour last week end when i trooped with him and man totaly awsome in the flesh so all being well we can troop at MEM in full glory of the origanal ANH Stormtrooper cant wait:D

Steve without doubt,this 1mm suit fits you far better than the 2mm capped suit.I also think my 1mm fits me better than my 2mm.I think this is because the 1mm bends and moulds itself to our body shape unlike the 2mm that wears us rather than the other way round.

Ā 

from these pictures of you to date, you look the part and with the very small adjustments you have made the suit your very own almost tailored TK.Fantastic stuff mate,a winning formula in your understanding of the physics involved in a stormtrooper. :salute:

Steve without doubt,this 1mm suit fits you far better than the 2mm capped suit.I also think my 1mm fits me better than my 2mm.I think this is because the 1mm bends and moulds itself to our body shape unlike the 2mm that wears us rather than the other way round.

Ā 

from these pictures of you to date, you look the part and with the very small adjustments you have made the suit your very own almost tailored TK.Fantastic stuff mate,a winning formula in your understanding of the physics involved in a stormtrooper. :salute:

Ā 

Ā 

Firstly Pete, thank you for giving me some great tips on the the 1mm and also Paul , i think your absolutly right the 1 mm dose fit us better like superman in his lycra :D with the flexabilty , when i test fitted it i could not help my self and give it a bit of Han flex chest it was great truley thought i was him B) cant wait till our 1mm TKs meet watch out reble scum Stukatrooper and SW1 are on a mission. :trooper: :trooper: