My first test fit (Pics)

Please take a look and tell give me any tips that you have. I know I need to do the following.

Trim the back of the thighs to make them more even and comfortable.

Make sure I velcro my shins straight next time. (I just slapped them on.)

Still need to do side shims

Still need to finish gloves

I may need to extend the elastic holding my back plate to my chest. Should this be lower?

Figure out how to keep the but plate from looking crooked. I dont have the strap that goes from the but plate to the front on yet. Maybe it will look better when i do this. Does my belt need to be higher in the back?

I realize my finish strips on the legs are to wide but I am going to live with them.

I will work on the side shims and take more pics after I fix everything.

Anything else?

4O5PB3a.jpg

uq3Ij8a.jpg

mB4K4X9.jpg

UQgqh0o.jpg

hello there mike,

it looks like all you have to do is adjust your belt just a tad. it should only fit over the kidney plate.

the butt plate should sit close as possible to the kidney, and with the belt moved it should sit fine.

don't attach from the butt plate to the front, it just hangs from the kidney and attaches to the AB underneath.

the elastic from the back plate to the front plate is a very good idea for keeping the back plate

tight, and the chest plate tight.

you should also attach the chest plate and the AB plate in the center.

other than that and your shims, you should be fine.

hope this helps.

Awesome! My elastic is just tight enough to hold the front/back against my body. On some people's gear, the back piece hangs over the kidney and that's where you'd see the black elastic connecting the front/back; otherwise it just blends into the undersuit.

Yep, connect the butt to cod. I also have my edges of the butt velcroed to the kidney to keep it straight.

My biceps are at the same position yours are and I kept them high for mobility.

Grab some gloves and your back O2 canister and you're good to go!

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely apply them all. I wore my armor for about 15 minutes and the air conditioning was on in the house. My under armor was sweaty just from that brief time. Is this normal? I never imagined it would be so hot. I guess I better drink lots of water before a long troop. :lol:

Pretty good for a first test fit. That butt plate can be hard to get right - mine too several goes and I'm not ashamed to admit I had to put a little padding in to get it to sit just right.

You're almost there - having print outs of screen caps certainly helps while doing the fitting.

It's surpisingly good for a first test fit. :duim:

Thanks, I have everyone on these forums to thank. I have read every post and every tutorial and came up with the best solutions. I purchased everything from people on these forums. I am going to apply for EIB status shortly after I am accepted into the 501st. This is a great hobby!

Thanks, I have everyone on these forums to thank. I have read every post and every tutorial and came up with the best solutions. I purchased everything from people on these forums. I am going to apply for EIB status shortly after I am accepted into the 501st. This is a great hobby!

For the test attempt looks it well....but for the EIB you must for example the abdomen plates on edge together to add. That is now only one example which me on the first view was noticeable...

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely apply them all. I wore my armor for about 15 minutes and the air conditioning was on in the house. My under armor was sweaty just from that brief time. Is this normal? I never imagined it would be so hot. I guess I better drink lots of water before a long troop. :lol:

The only time I didn't get all sweaty while dressing out is when I was changing in a parking lot while it was snowing on me. :)

The armors looking good on you, looks like you are nearly there!