Trooper Fit Club

bluehickey

Oh yes before I forget, my Wii was packet away so I have less reason to be inside.

:duim:

I'm not knocking WiiFit or anyone who uses it - for some it's the ideal solution - but in general being outside is almost always better.

I think that what he meant was that he actually put his WII away so he is less inclined to play it in general. I actually did this same thing, I work in I.T. so I sit around ALL day and the last thing I need right now in this venture is to go home and play on my xbox360 for all hours of the night. I severely cut back my playing to from every night 4+ hours to just very casual and only once and a while, what also helps me is that I am in the middle of armor building so my focus lies in that as well.

On a separate note I weighed in this morning at a healthy 200!, 199 is JUST around the corner and I cannot wait. Zero I saw your 209, I just want to say congrats! I bet that feels fantastic.

:duim:

I'm not knocking WiiFit or anyone who uses it - for some it's the ideal solution - but in general being outside is almost always better.

So, in the last three weeks, I've gained 3 pounds, now sitting at 130. Went swimming at a lake with a bunch of friends - when I took my shirt off instead of the comments I've gotten for years, about how skinny I was, and how girls wanted my waist, they told me how great my shoulders were looking. I need to eat more though, I've been slacking lately, and fell back into my habit of not eating much.

This stuff can get expensive but it really does work. All of my friends are meat-heads and my roommate just ran through this for a month and gained 15 pounds. He was also at 130 and went to 145. He gained so quickly he got little love handles but he stopped after a month taking and is maintaining 140 with more bulk than before. He was also working out which helped it from storing incorrectly.

http://www.massnutrition.com/products.cfm?cur_man=OPTIMUM%20NUTRITION&item=OP065

So, in the last three weeks, I've gained 3 pounds, now sitting at 130. Went swimming at a lake with a bunch of friends - when I took my shirt off instead of the comments I've gotten for years, about how skinny I was, and how girls wanted my waist, they told me how great my shoulders were looking. I need to eat more though, I've been slacking lately, and fell back into my habit of not eating much.

Good Job! But you need to eat, remember, if you don't eat, your body will find the nutrients somewhere and the only place it can get it from it itself.

As for the Wii, good thing you're not playing on it, but for those of use who can't work out outside (severe thunderstorms with tornadoes anyone?) It does provide a good option.

I have taken Pandatrooper's challenge, and he sent me the EA Sports Active More Workouts game last week. I just created my profile on the Wii this morning and am looking forward to the next six weeks. I'll report in weekly on my progress with the game. I am going to find it difficult to give up my WiiFit Plus because I've gotten to like it more and more, but I'm willing to try something new.

I think I'll do some research on nutrition supplements and provide them here on the board.

Keep up the good work everyone!

This stuff can get expensive but it really does work. All of my friends are meat-heads and my roommate just ran through this for a month and gained 15 pounds. He was also at 130 and went to 145. He gained so quickly he got little love handles but he stopped after a month taking and is maintaining 140 with more bulk than before. He was also working out which helped it from storing incorrectly.

http://www.massnutrition.com/products.cfm?cur_man=OPTIMUM%20NUTRITION&item=OP065

As described at Bodybuilding.com:

What's in Optimum Serious Mass?

View Specific Product Details:

12 Lbs. Chocolate

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 2 HeapingScoops(334g)

Servings Per Container 16

Amount Per Serving In Water % Daily Value

Calories 1250

Calories From Fat 40

Total Fat 4.5g 7%*

Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%*

Cholesterol 80mg 27%

Total Carbohydrate 252g 84%*

Dietary Fiber 4g 16%*

Sugars 20g †

Protein 50g 100%

Tips: Mixing two scoops of Serious Mass with 24 fl. oz. of nonfat or low fat milk instead of water will give you a thicker, creamier, higher-calorie shake. New users may find if beneficial to begin with 1/2 of a serving daily for the first week and then gradually increase to 1 or more full servings several times a day.

334 grams = 0.736344 pounds

:blink:

Reading the stats, it's pretty obvious why your friend bulked so quickly, and why the love handles showed up. Even if you naturally have the metabolism of a race horse and spend most of your waking hours in the weight room, with that kind of consumption you're going to gain fat as fast (and probably faster) than you will muscle.

One should always play close attention to the label when using a bodybuilding (or any other kind of) supplement. Know what you're putting into your body - unless your name happens to be Palpatine, it's the only one you're going to get.

Plus, it's good to be wary of anything that comes packaged in a dog food bag.

Was reading through the pages of posts in this thread and wanted to cheer you guys on!! Hope you guys meet your goals looks like everybody is on their way to doing it :)

Okay I promised Pandatrooper I'd post regarding the EA Sports Active More Workouts game he sent me. I have to say after one week I'm very impressed with the game. It is very user friendly, I'm able to set the exercises I want to do (a big plus over most systems) and the profile is really helping to keep me on track.

Its only been one week, so I'm not expecting to see any real big results, but I'll keep posting what I do notice.

One minus for me though, is I really enjoy cooling down using the Yoga on Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus, but I'm adjusting. :P

It will be interesting though because I am currently on a fairly good sized dose of Prednisone which makes it difficult to lose weight so if this game is able to help me lose weight and control my appetite (which exercising does for me, don't ask why) and helps me sleep, then I'm all for it.

So far, no real change in progress, but after only one week, I'm not expecting much knowing my body. I'm expecting a lot more in the coming weeks.

This is tigger68 signing off...gotta go check the mailbox for the final 2 pieces for my imperial officer's uniform... :shok: yeah, finanical constraints have made it impossible for me to finish my other costumes right now, so I'm compromising to get into the 501st.

Starting to make small changes in an effort to get a bit healthier. I've really tried to cut down on my soda drinking. I've gone from 3 or 4 a day down to 1. My lunches at work where I used to drink a 32 oz. soda, I have now changed that to Iced Tea, and I'm drinking a lot more water.

My caffeine addiction (and boring job :) ) wont allow me to cut the sodas out completely, but I'm already feeling better with just cutting it down.

Next step is to start working in an exercise regimen.

Paul, you're in the right place and doing the right things. Just remember to scroll through the previous posts to see about what kind of exercise you want to do...then work it into your daily routine, but most of all, have FUN!

Okay, I'm posting an update here. Since the beginning of June I've lost 15-18 lbs (depending on the day). Unfortunately, that means the Imperial Officer's tunic I made to measure no longer fits, and looks terrible. So I'm spending my evening tomorrown night after work re-tailoring it to fit me. I don't think the "I'm wearing my older brother's officer's uniform" is quite the look the Empire wants from its officers. ;)

Thanks again panda for the game. The only thing negative I have right now is I am getting a little bored (ADHD anyone?) but tother than that I'm enjoying it. And my officer's tunic is showing it.

I'll have to post pictures of the before and after tailoring...just have to take them first.

Cheers!

Okay, I'm posting an update here. Since the beginning of June I've lost 15-18 lbs (depending on the day). Unfortunately, that means the Imperial Officer's tunic I made to measure no longer fits, and looks terrible. So I'm spending my evening tomorrown night after work re-tailoring it to fit me. I don't think the "I'm wearing my older brother's officer's uniform" is quite the look the Empire wants from its officers. ;)

Thanks again panda for the game. The only thing negative I have right now is I am getting a little bored (ADHD anyone?) but tother than that I'm enjoying it. And my officer's tunic is showing it.

I'll have to post pictures of the before and after tailoring...just have to take them first.

Cheers!

Great job Tiffanie, glad its working out for you! You took the challenge and got great results, you should be very proud of your accomplishment!

OK,

I haven't visited the FISD boards in quite a while. I tend to spend a lot of time on my garrison boards instead. In any case, I'm just looking to lose some weight around my midsection as I'm wearing an abdominal binder (see also: girdle) for troops 'cuz a fat trooper just looks bad. I don't have submission pictures because my GML approved my costume at our annual garrison meeting, any my profile pictures don't show anything from the waist down.

I purchased a set of AP armor which doesn't fit me very well due to my height and weight. I know I can't really do much about the height but I will be either jogging or bike riding a couple of times a week in hopes of dropping the spare tire. The scale says I weigh 190 but I'm having a hard time believing it.

The scale says I weigh 190 but I'm having a hard time believing it.

Do you believe your weight is higher or lower than that? If you do have a scale that is showing you a lower weight than you really are.... can I have your scale? :D

Adam, welcome to the Trooper Fit Club. We're all about losing weight and getting fit here (me included) so we look good in our uniforms.

Take a glance back through the pages and do some calculations to find out how many calories you need to eat daily to lose weight.

Also, I'm going to add a pointer for everyone here. It is about belly fat.

The midsection is one of the problem areas for anyone trying to lose weight. I know I have issues, and my tennis-playing obsessed younger sister carries her weight there and it is the bane of her workout program and fashion sense.

Researchers have discovered that STRESS can increase the amount of belly fat you carry, and also increase your cardiac risk. So if you are having problems losing belly fat, perhaps you might look into exercises that would decrease your stress. Exercises such as (all right guys don't laugh) Yoga, stretching, meditation, etc. In fact, a good way to cool down after a workout would be doing Yoga or stretching. Anything that would decrease your stress levels will help in losing the belly fat.

Okay, that's my tip for today. I'm off to spend my birthday coupon for a free gourmet burger at Red Robin (sorry pandatrooper, I broke the good eating rule this past weekend due to my birthday party) and then I'm back on track, but I'm celebrating today.

Keep working out and remember the Fit Club is here to continue on the goal of the FISD...Troopers helping Troopers.

Do you believe your weight is higher or lower than that? If you do have a scale that is showing you a lower weight than you really are.... can I have your scale? :D

I want that scale also, if it is showing the lower weight... ;) but I guess we could pass it around the Fit Club.

I think the scale shows a lower number than what I actually weigh. I'm going to find another scale soon and either confirm my weight or get a second opinion. :D

Okay. So, after awhile of knowing I'm not happy with my weight, the thing that motivated me to get to a gym was wanting to look good in my armor. So, today I joined a gym and started working out. I rode a bike for 6 miles in 30 minutes and did 15 minutes on treadmill at a very fast walk.

So, starting today, 7/14/10 I'm 5'11" and weigh 215lbs. My target is 180lbs. I intend to go 4 days a week and kind of have to show up because my boss is now my workout partner. I'm not changing what I eat, however I am cutting back on the portions.

post-13514-127915892025_thumb.jpg

Okay. So, after awhile of knowing I'm not happy with my weight, the thing that motivated me to get to a gym was wanting to look good in my armor. So, today I joined a gym and started working out. I rode a bike for 6 miles in 30 minutes and did 15 minutes on treadmill at a very fast walk.

So, starting today, 7/14/10 I'm 5'11" and weigh 215lbs. My target is 180lbs. I intend to go 4 days a week and kind of have to show up because my boss is now my workout partner. I'm not changing what I eat, however I am cutting back on the portions.

Welcome to the fit club! As mentioned earlier, check out the previous posts for hints, and suggestions. See what others are doing, and above all, HAVE FUN!

My motivation is also to look better in armor. I'm currently wearing an abdominal binder (see also: girdle) on troops so the spare tire isn't as noticeable. As previously mentioned, I won't be drastically changing my diet. I'll just be eating less and moving more. I used to really like jogging so now it's a matter of motivating myself to find a time to do it regularly.