Master replicas helmet?

Hi all, Im looking into getting a new lid, but Im new to all this prob building. And Im not really comfertable on spending a lot on a lid and then attempting to build it. I see the master replicas already come built, but are they any good and will it match my fx armor? Perhaps I would be better off holding out untill my prop skills are alot better?

Thanks guys

craig

Yes, there are a lot of options on getting a good bucket if you don't feel comfortable assembling one yourself. Getting someone else to assemble one for you is probably the best idea. TM's can come assembled — as others may too — and there are plenty of people on here that love doing that for people.

The "problem" with the MRCE is that it will take work to modify and get it up to snuff... and, believe it or not, that work can be as tedious and difficult as assembling one yourself.

Truth is, I don't know of a single thread on here where a novice / noob has gotten a bucket to assemble and then botched it so badly they had to trash it. Usually it goes... 1) get it... 2) work on it get excited... 3) think you've ruined it... 4) realize you didn't... 5) finish it and show it off. B)

So, if you're wanting more accurate, find a way to go more accurate. Don't just settle.

That's my advice. ;)

As far as being a good solid, sturdy helmet I love the MR. All I did to mine was put some tint on the lenses, fill in the seam, put some mesh in the frown and replace the tube stripes. There will be people who will tell you you HAVE to replace the ears or put screws in them,open up the frown more-- You don't HAVE to. I seriously doubt any garrison will turn you down for not replacing, or shortening the ears. You might catch flack for it on this board but it is up to you as to how far you want to go with it.

As darrel said thats all that is required for clearance. Doesnt take long to do or take a lot of effort either.

The MR is a solid trooping lid and i love mine, i use it with my FX too.

i actually almost ordered one a while back. didnt realize they were so popularly used. are they prety comfy? do they have decent linings?

The lining is okay, I did add some foam to the inside of mine. I like mine to fit really snug. The really biggest mod I did but didn't mention before is--if you are going to put speakers in the areaters then you will have a bit of a job to do. I put my Skullworx in mine. I love it. I also painted the inside of mine black.

I guess I really need to change my avatar since that is my old FX helmet.

Edited by Laspector

Wow thanks guys for your help, and advise. What would be the best way to fill in the seam on the master replicas? I have seen a video on YouTube of one, and they show a huge seam just infront of the frown. I guess If I purchased a MR i would probaly have to sort the seam out as it would bug me.

Cheers guys

Craig

they are pretty good helmets ,,,, i have one on the bay if anybody wants to view it ( not trying to pimp it just if anyone wants to see a pic of the helmet modded ) ,,, it has been modded and the ears are now smaller , has the screws and also teeth drilled,,,the work wasnt done by me but looks a pain to modd .

Edited by THE-TROOPER

You can see my entire modding "tutorial" on the FISD here.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

As far as being a good solid, sturdy helmet I love the MR. All I did to mine was put some tint on the lenses, fill in the seam, put some mesh in the frown and replace the tube stripes. There will be people who will tell you you HAVE to replace the ears or put screws in them,open up the frown more-- You don't HAVE to. I seriously doubt any garrison will turn you down for not replacing, or shortening the ears. You might catch flack for it on this board but it is up to you as to how far you want to go with it.

I hope no one would get any flack for not going further. Legion approved is good enough to get you in and pretty darned good IMHO. Anything beyond that should be up to you. :)

Yes, there are a lot of options on getting a good bucket if you don't feel comfortable assembling one yourself. Getting someone else to assemble one for you is probably the best idea. TM's can come assembled — as others may too — and there are plenty of people on here that love doing that for people.

The "problem" with the MRCE is that it will take work to modify and get it up to snuff... and, believe it or not, that work can be as tedious and difficult as assembling one yourself.

Truth is, I don't know of a single thread on here where a novice / noob has gotten a bucket to assemble and then botched it so badly they had to trash it. Usually it goes... 1) get it... 2) work on it get excited... 3) think you've ruined it... 4) realize you didn't... 5) finish it and show it off. B)

So, if you're wanting more accurate, find a way to go more accurate. Don't just settle.

That's my advice. ;)

I totally agree!

Hi all, Im looking into getting a new lid, but Im new to all this prob building. And Im not really comfertable on spending a lot on a lid and then attempting to build it. I see the master replicas already come built, but are they any good and will it match my fx armor? Perhaps I would be better off holding out untill my prop skills are alot better?

Thanks guys

craig

Are you talking about the CE helmet, or the REALLY nice one?

Are you talking about the CE helmet, or the REALLY nice one?

hi jawa001

Thats a pretty good question Im really new to all this really so Im not sure what the differences are and what to look for when buying a MR. I have been looking on eBay, and it seems that the CE is easier to get hold of, I would like a nice helmet but I only have about £100 max budget. Im not really sure what sort of helmet I can get on this budget really. Also the reason I was thinking of a MR was because they are probably more obtainable and as I don't know much about building or where to buy other helmets I figured this would be a good start. The only other option is rt-mod but I know nothing about them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Craig

i got an RT-mod, just arrived this past week. it might take a while to get, but deff worth the wait. :) plus if you have AM armor, the ABS matches perfectly... well at least in doors. :P my suit isnt complete yet. but yeah i like the RT-mod. i got it assembled for the same reasons. he does a good job, and puts padding in there, fits me quite nicely :)

• 2 weeks later...