this lid is set for stun!

the only logical step will be getting black boots and paint them up, if I do it that way now I have to do it right. Anyone has a good address for boots? I will try and paint them with Plastidip as well, that stuff is amazing!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I'll have a look - for now I guess I'll just dirty up my TK boots.

Did a few more parts just there - weathering is fun :) Will take some pics tomorrow!

Hmm, looks like I was too subtle with the weathering so far, it won't show up on pictures at all, except for the big scuffs. Looks good to the eye though.

I'm not sure what to do now, leave it subtle or get it really dirty... tough one, again! LOL

Ā 

edit: Here's a pic, this time not as dark as the one I posted of the chest, you can see it's very very subtle:

Ā 

armourweathered.jpg

Edited by R2Dan

Okay, another update - I know it's not exactly screen accurate, but I love the chipped look on my Dave M. replica, but I don't want to troop in it all the time, so I added a few "chips" to my TM lid as well - they're painted on, so if you look closely in real life you'll see it's fake, but I like it for a trooping lid (and I'm not saying the TM ain't good enough for display!)

Ā 

tmweathered.jpg

Ā 

tmlidweathered.jpg

Edited by R2Dan

Alright! I just finished weathering my TK boots (even tried to simulate the black spots in the dyed elastic bits). Got a small troop tomorrow, I'll ask someone to take pics of the entire weathered suit there :)

Ā 

bootsweathered.jpg

So next time we take pics together, you'll be small and filthy and I'll still be tall and shiny.

Ā 

Let's see how long I manage to stay clean after Oberhausen...your treatment is very tempting, even on photos it looks awesome.

Let's see how long I manage to stay clean after Oberhausen...

Ā 

What's the event in Oberhausen? I used to live nearby and have been to a few concerts at the Arena.

it's in the Gasometer (that huge tower right next to the Arena). They have a space exhibition there. We were invited to go to the press conference for Star Wars: In Concert which was held there. Someone important saw us and asked if we'd like to do a Star Wars theme night with them there.

Of course we agreed and now we'll hit the Gasometer with 50 people in costume on May 28th - and have a little exhibition of our own with Star Wars props and all that, will be great I'm sure :)

Ā 

here's two pics taken of my mate Jens there at the press conference:

jensibaer2.jpg

jensibaer.jpg

Ā 

And the whole gang with Anthony Daniels:

anthonygroup.jpg

Ā 

Arena is quite a nice place for concerts as well, last band I saw there was the almighty Rush! Oh and Star Wars: In Concert just a few weeks back :)

Edited by R2Dan

Excellent! The Gasometer is a cool location. In fact, they've done a good job of redeveloping that whole area.

Ā 

Viel SpaƟ, Jungs (und MƤdels)!

Excellent! The Gasometer is a cool location. In fact, they've done a good job of redeveloping that whole area.

Ā 

Viel SpaƟ, Jungs (und MƤdels)!

Ā 

Danke, werden wir haben!

Ā 

Dan, now you've done it: you made me scratch my perfectly neat paintjob in the appropriate places... ;)

The German garrison looking, as usual, excellent, I can't wait to troop with you guys again! Those are great pics Dan.