wasnt to sure where to post this so I hope this is the right place, but what does everyone use for their undersuit? I have heard of people using things such as underarmor or a lycra wetsuit, but is there any favorites out there or is it just kind of a personal preference kind of thing? because I am having a hard time on finding anything that would work. Thanks in advance B)

I'm sticking with underarmor. I like having a separate top/pants (think bathroom breaks) and can easily wear them under my civilian clothes to/from events. I tried a knockoff once, but didn't find it as comfortable as the real deal.

I got my full one piece unitard from WWW.SPANDEXMAN.COM model #308 and it's great. You can choose from many different styles and have extras like hoods, gloves, extra zips etc..

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...
I was going to ask the same thing... I was wondering if the Top would ride up and show skin during trooping....

Being 6'6" myself, I have also had this same concern with stuff I buy. But I have found that size XL undergear works for me and have never had any embarrassing "skin" moments.

• 4 weeks later...

I use the UA knockoff top at Wal-Mart. They are $13.00 and I bought the pants from Zyflex.-------------They used to be $20.00 but looking at the website now, they are up to $29.00.

I trooped 3 years in the 1 piece Diveskin and almost 2 in the 2 piece set. Either one works well. I do like the 2 piece better.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 weeks later...

There is something I am looking at to buy for my first ST kit.

It looks ok to me, but what do you think?

John

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

laar0406 said:
There is something I am looking at to buy for my first ST kit.

It looks ok to me, but what do you think?

John

--------

John, any form of lycra/spandex material works well for undergarments. And two pieces is definitely the way to go, since on longer troops you might need to visit a toilet. The only thing to be careful of is the logos on the material. For instance, on the shirt, the logo around the neck might be visible above the neckline of the chest armor, so you would need to fold it under your neck seal so it wouldn't show. Or you might be able to use a permanent black marker to color it black. There is also a trooper on these boards (Wyatt) who sells a top that has a neck seal integrated into the garment, but he has closed ordering for now.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

John, any form of lycra/spandex material works well for undergarments. And two pieces is definitely the way to go, since on longer troops you might need to visit a toilet. The only thing to be careful of is the logos on the material. For instance, on the shirt, the logo around the neck might be visible above the neckline of the chest armor, so you would need to fold it under your neck seal so it wouldn't show. Or you might be able to use a permanent black marker to color it black. There is also a trooper on these boards (Wyatt) who sells a top that has a neck seal integrated into the garment, but he has closed ordering for now.

Thanks.

I found that there are a lot of underamor possibilities, but color (logo's, stripes) make it difficult to get some got black ones.

I will check these out for size.

John

i use under*armor.....i don't think i could wear a wet-suit....it's bad enough to wear one when i go surfing...let alone with armor over it.

You'd be surprised how comfy a wetsuit can be on cold autumn day in Minnesota! I have two "smoothie" wetsuits (2mm and 5mm) that have both come in handy as undersuits; one on a December day with single digit temps! :blink:

TK-1161 Curt said:
I use the UA knockoff top at Wal-Mart. They are $13.00 and I bought the pants from Zyflex.  -------------- They used to be $20.00 but looking at the website now, they are up to $29.00.

I trooped 3 years in the 1 piece Diveskin and almost 2 in the 2 piece set. Either one works well. I do like the 2 piece better.

I use these too and got them on sale for about $10 each at Walmart. Mine are actually a little tight as they were on sale so there weren't many left and none in the size I wanted.

But even so they work great and I haven't ever had a skin exposure problem, or an em-bare-an impolite person-ing moment :lol: .

And I've got a lot of skin trying to get loose too! :lol:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Bought myself Under Amor underarmour.com

Nice fit, nice color, but........big logo on the back that will show <_<

Still not found the undersuit for me.

Any tips most welcome (no Wall-Markt since I live in Holland).

Thanks

John

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Ah...4999 there is nothing that bothers me more than seeing a TK with a visibal maker's mark on thier back :angry: I think it really takes away from the uniform and persona...You might as well have a giant white zipper in the back of your armor :lol:

i use under*armor.....i don't think i could wear a wet-suit....it's bad enough to wear one when i go surfing...let alone with armor over it.

where do you surf in Clovis? :lol:

Do you have walmart.com in Holland? or will they not ship to Holland either?

Sure, can go to Wallmart.com. What is the keyword to search on their site? There is no WallMart in Holland.

I do not know if they ship to Holland, will find out.

Here is another option http://www.tonybarnett.plus.com/accessories.htm from a reliable source. Suit from ExtremeRacing.

Again, not sure about the logos on the neck and chest. Will it be visible or not? Do not want to buy something from internet and send it back...done that twice already. :angry:

John

I see a lot of troopers use a magic marker on the logos. You can also cover it with black iron on patch material that you can get at most any fabric store. Just be careful when ironing spandex. I use the wool setting on my iron.

I ended up going the Lycra Dive Skin route. Its one piece so I had a zipper put in for 'rest stops'. They are tight, so if you go this route go a minimum of one size up from your measurements. I went up two sizes and it fits comfy.

If I had to do it again, I'd probably stick with a once piece. Its a preference thing I suppose.

The Dive Skins usually have some logos on them which easily peel off, so you don't have to worry about flashy advertising all over you. They accept sewed on patches very well too. I put an Imperial patch on the breast and it looks great without the armor on.