All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. looking good Andrew. I would adjust your ammo belt height up a touch so it sits on the bottom of the main Abb button plate, it is something the DO's will look at if you apply for Expert Infantry level.
  4. Can do that. Measuring these 3mm is always tricky because of the round foot of the ammoboxes. Had the same issue with the pack on the thigh
  5. The Antiquities shop (Dok-Ondar's), where the Kyber Crystals and sabers and such were... There was a whole bunch of them on the wall if you go left when you walk in, across from the Crystals... Yep! I am also a huge Disney nerd... Same here! LOL!
  6. Dremel to start, files for the details
  7. Wow Steve congrats, looking absolutely bad a$$ [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. My first trial fit with my nearly completed armour. I need to paint the helmet screws, tighten the sides a biit, attach the straps between the biceps and forarems and put the hand plates on the gloves. I'm wearing Nomex gloves in these pics, but I will be making a rubber pair as well. I can see that the camera should be lower, the left forearm is sliding down and the neck "bib" should be under the shirt. Anything else that should be changed? My spine/neck isn't totally straight, (mild scoliosis) so I hope I'll be able to stand straight enough to get better pics when submitting.
  9. Oh yeah totally. I would love to carry a custom one with my gear. I'll definitely be picking up 2 when I go.
  10. 2019-06-14 // Florence // Florence Freedom Star Wars Nights 2019-06-15 // Florence // Florence Freedom Star Wars Nights
  11. Except for biceps I did inner then outer strips because it let me add in carefully measured gaps to get pieces big enough for my size. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. The Netherlands. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  13. That's a neat little Easter egg. Still rather have my number on it. lol
  14. Reading build threads yesterday, I came across someone building thighs and shins by doing the inner cover strip FIRST. This created a nice, strong, flat surface for the outer cover strip to adhere to and I loved the idea. When I went back today to give credit, I couldn't find it to save my life. Sorry Trooper. Anyways, gonna try that with my second forearm - inner strip first and then the outer. I figure if it doesn't work, I can just tear them apart and start again. But for right now it's curing! I did the inner strip this morning and carefully disassembled it this evening to pop on the outer strip. Now the sandwich will cure for a couple days before I move onto the other side. And tomorrow, I'll have my first completed armor piece once the first forearm cures. MUCH EXCITE!! I'm looking forward to finishing the outer edges and cleaning up the ton of glue everywhere. And using the under side of the biceps, I was able to figure out where to trim. Many thanks wook!! No idea why I was squinting and trying to find detail on the front side. Got it roughly sized to me. Flat edge in the front, tapered in the back. I'll trim the edge up tomorrow and add some glue once I have free magnets handy. And on the off chance of helping any future AP kit owners, here's a couple pix of the back side of the biceps before I did the fine trimming. I tried to bring out the highlight details and emphasize the molded in details. And lastly, a new set of tube stripe stickers and some S trim is on the way from trooperbay right now.
  15. Looks great Thomas. 1. Blaster mounts are not screen accurate and the pack may not be approved by your garrison's GML if you have them. Check with your GML and ask if it's ok to have mounts, even after approval. Not all garrisons will allow them, period. That said, this is your costume 2. I cross (like an "X") mine in the back so it rides higher on my shoulders and under the shoulder straps. I made my own straps.
  16. Good evening everyone, I just got approval for my ANH stunt TK and I have been working on building HWT components to eventually add that to my repertoire. That being said, I have a couple of questions about the pack. I have built a pack based on several threads on the boards here (images below), but I want to know what the verdict is on E-11 mount on the side of the pack. Is that something that is allowable for submission? I've seen it here and there and I really like the idea of having my E-11 strapped to the pack as a "backup" weapon. I've added my own variation of a mount to my pack, but it should be pretty easy to remove if i need to. Second question. How do you all run the shoulder straps for the pack over/around/under/through the regular plastic TK shoulder covers/straps? Every time i've tried the pack on with my armor, the pack straps keep getting tangled up with the plastic shoulder straps and the elastic shoulder straps. I'm worried i'm gonna wind up snapping one of the plastic straps trying to get the pack on. These are the straps i have currently for the pack: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078VZXDM5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Thanks all!
  17. Don't panic, it doesn't have to be perfect lol
  18. I panicked and took it off. I'll try again tomorrow. Thank you. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  19. No Denmark if I recall correctly.
  20. Looking good Florian, if it's not too late I suggest removing some of the ammo belt return edge just outside the ammo boxes. It should be roughly 1/8" or 3mm. Here's a reference photo
  21. What's the interior size of your TD end caps? This will give you an idea of what to start looking for, Secondly, at least here in the US you have to search for thinner walled pipe, it's not very common. Check Ace Hardware
  22. Looking great. As for the alignment I place white Velcro on the front of my boots and inside the armor. Keeps everything nice and tidy
  1. Load more activity